New US drones for pak with 1.8 gigapix elcamera that covers 25 square

ganesh177

Country flag
New US drones for pak with 1.8 gigapix elcamera that covers 25 square miles
1.8 gigapixel ARGUS-IS. World's highest resolution video surviellience platform by DARPA.

1 million terabytes a day saved forever.

The ARGUS array is made up of several cameras and other types of imaging systems. The output of the imaging system is used to create extremely large, 1.8GP high-resolution mosaic images and video.

The U.S. Army, along with
Boeing, has developed and is preparing to deploy a new unmanned aircraft
called the "Hummingbird." It's is a VTOL-UAS (vertical take-off and
landing unmanned aerial system). Three of them are being deployed to
Afghanistan for a full year to survey and spy on Afghanistan from an
altitude of 20,000 feet with the ability to scan 25 square miles of
ground surface.

To watch the video please visit..

LiveLeak.com - 1.8 gigapixel ARGUS-IS. World's highest resolution video surviellience platform by DARPA.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e95_1359267780

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: New US drones for pak with 1.8 gigapix elcamera that covers 25 squ

The last time I attended training on aerial surveillance was 10 years ago. I joked that we probably could read the time on a Rolex on the wrist of a Russian swimming in the Black Sea. Today we probably can.

The movie Zero Dark Thirty (saw it last night) had s few scenes about aerial surveillance of the Abbottabad Compound. They were fascinating. Satellite and drone, I guess because there was thermal detection of occupants.

Last edited:

binayak95

Country flag
Re: New US drones for pak with 1.8 gigapix elcamera that covers 25 squ

The last time I attended training on aerial surveillance was 10 years ago. I joked that we probably could read the time on a Rolex on the wrist of a Russian swimming in the Black Sea. Today we probably can.

The movies Zero Dark Thirty (saw it last night) had s few scenes about aerial surveillance of the Abbottabad Compound. They were fascinating. Satellite and drone, I guess because there was thermal detection of occupants.
I saw Zero Dark Thirty today. The first post reminds me of the movie, Enemy of the State starring Will Smith. The Satellite Surveillance they showed was fascinating

Global Defence

New threads

Articles