New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by Indx TechStyle, May 2, 2016.

?

Is there really any need of putting Khaki in Uniform?

1. Yep, it's our national dress buddy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, Khaki colour isn't spicy. We need something new.

71.4%
  3. Bhai mere, don't worry, it's mere colour of dress. Nothing else.

28.6%
  1. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing
    [​IMG]
    @HariPrasad-1 @bengalraider @LETHALFORCE @garg_bharat @SREEKAR

3. Indx TechStyle

Bahamut and SREEKAR like this.
  4. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

I just hope that NIFD has done a good job in designing the uniforms. If the design is good, even khadi can look awesome.

Navnit Kundu and Indx TechStyle like this.
  5. Navnit Kundu

Navnit Kundu Pika Hu Akbarrr!! Senior Member

IAF uniform must have dollars printed to portray their loyalty. IAF is the most rotten institution in the country (after the judiciary) corruption and nepotism runs deep in this organization. Promotions and appointments are made based on political considerations while meritocracy takes a back seat. So, if there's a rot in the political party at the helm, of if they are compromised or honey trapped, your entire IAF will fall victim to foreign lobbying, corruption, or worse, blackmailing. This is why these nutjobs keep recommending foreign planes in exchange for $ bribes, but we are too patriotic to raise doubts about our services. In reality, IAF is the Rahul Gandhi of the armed forces. Bloated, high maintenance, entitled, arrogant, corrupt, self-absorbed.

But you, and @Sakal Gharelu Ustad get irked when fingers are pointed at the IAF. Now that IAF chief Tyagi has been summoned in the Agusta corruption case, it has become evident how deep the rot runs. One needs to keep an eye on these assholes. During Kargil, we lost so many foot soldiers because of IAF incompetence and negligence. They were sleeping cozily till the war broke out. When they were told to do a ground precision strike, they said "oops, we have forgotten to buy precision strike equipment". Then what were you doing for so many years? LGB was 1970's technology, can any airforce claim to have forgotten to induct it even after 2 decades and still call themselves professional?

So, they can make recommendations for all sorts of expensive upgrades (only those deals which earn them a hefty commission) but they conveniently forget to induct technology which is critical to national security, and they refuse to take accountability for absolutely anything. Everything is someone else's fault. They are singlehandedly responsible for trying to stall the Tejas project so that they could buy Rafale . It became apparent later that French President Sarkozy's wife Carla Bruni had lobbied with her family friend Sonia Gandhi for the sale of Rafale; the IAF then came up with specific requirements to make sure all other planes got filtered out of the MMRCA competition. Someone has to talk tough to these people.

I recommend this uniform for IAF. Make them put it on, sit on a donkey and parade them in the whole nation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. Indx TechStyle

Why?
    There must be devoted officers inside AF as well. Think about them before talking so.

7. Navnit Kundu

Of course there are good apples and bad apples, they are mutually exclusive, one group doesn't negate the other. It goes both ways. Just like the good ones cannot be blamed for the actions for the bad ones, similarly the bad ones cannot keep deferring their duties by taking credit for the work done by the good ones.

The first thing Modi did after coming to power was fire Avinash Chander for delaying several projects. The very next day Modi took a meeting of all heads of strategic weapons programs and told them to 'deliver on time or perish', that was the exact news headline. Now they have caught that Congress stooge Tyagi, I hope they drag him to the trenches and humiliate him. This is the same IAF which doesn't waste a single opportunity to call press conferences to publicly counter their own defense minister on critical issues, simply to put him in a lurch to make him retract his decisions. They did that thrice during Rafale negotiations to pressurize him. The IAF keeps playing the all too familiar "India is not prepared for a two front war" card to misuse the nationalist emotions of the citizens for their own narrow gains.

Refer to this : http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-pathankot-airbase.74770/page-59#post-1119829

Someone at the higher up level in the IAF needs to be fired and humiliated publicly to set an example like we did for Avinash Chander. They have to understand that they can't adorn high posts in government organizations with allocations of billions of dollars without accountability. If you falter, if you fail to deliver on time, you will pay a heavy price. That Chander guy was fired for the same reason. He might have delivered great missiles in the past, but he missed a lot of deadlines of current R&D projects and was quite callous about it. He probably thought "I'm the missile man of India, they can't fire me". Then he got fired. A JNU-like callous and anarchic work culture has crept into the top leadership of a lot of our institutions. Missing deadlines for projects that are critical for national security is considered as a small offence. Then of course, they have their fanboys to defend them, so they have nothing to worry about.

Stalin used to imprison his scientists in large 'invention prisons' where they used to conduct R&D for new weapon systems. If they missed the deadline, he would shoot them. Now, obviously, we don't want to take inspiration from such barbarian civilizations but those involved in national security should not take advantage of our liberal attitude either. We definitely need a better work ethic.

There is an alternative work ethic which isn't barbarian and which we should stand behind. Every time a new bridge was constructed in ancient Greece, the monarch made the engineer stand under it as a heavy horse chariot passed over the bridge before inaugurating it for public use. So, if there was a defect in the bridge, it would collapse on top of the engineer who made it. This was made to induce a spirit of quality control and of course accountability. It made sure people didn't cut corners, as their own life would be on the line. Unfortunately, the exact opposite is being done in India. There is absolutely ZERO accountability to anyone who deals with issues of national interest. This needs to change.

The IAF keeps taking these press conferences every week stating that if the government doesn't release funds for buying the latest shiny foreign aircraft then the nation will get invaded by Pakistan and China. The IAF repeatedly keeps asking accountability from others but refuses to be held accountable for their own actions. It needs to be made known to them that they are hurting their own credibility by their actions and the public is not happy with them.

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  8. Navnit Kundu

Look at this corruption accused, shamelessly smirking while giving interviews like a celebrity.

[​IMG]

HariPrasad-1 likes this.
  9. Gessler

Gessler Regular Member

I will not take an AI flight even if all the air-hostesses are nude and do lap dances upon request. Personally, I never had much trouble dealing with AI service/timings myself, but from what others told me about their experiences, I get the feeling they don't deserve the business!

We should float tenders for developing an India-based international airline, invite 2 or 3 big conglomerates (Tata, Reliance, Aditya-Birla etc.) to submit their proposals to develop an I/N airline business which will be India's flagship carrier, some of the funding can be provided by the Govt.

Idealistically, the ownership of Air India should be transferred to private companies who will own & manage the airline - but problem is, the image of the name itself has gone to shit. AI simply does not know how to run a commercial business.

However, we do need a state-run passenger aircraft fleet for various strategic reasons. That can be maintained under the Ministry of Civil Aviation (or even IAF), with most of their planes transferred from AI fleet.

Navnit Kundu and Indx TechStyle like this.
  10. Indx TechStyle

Saras project was scrapped after 85% completion. Next one is NAL RTA(70 and 90 seater versions).
    Wish they aren't scrapped or delayed. We need to work on more and large airliners. China will be world's biggest aerospace giant by 2030. We must at least be somewhere in the league.

11. Mikesingh

Mikesingh Senior Member Senior Member

I always wondered why the heck we're still following the Brits khaki dress code for the Police. It sucks!

Regarding Air India air hostesses, you get motherly treatment from them on board.........

Yep! They look like mothers, that's why!! :lol:

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  12. Mikesingh

Ooops! double post! How did that happen? :confused1:

13. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

Yes Air India sucks. I think they don't have commitment to provide good service. Their service is like "yeah, whatever"

Cross posting from another thread. After this I never flew Air India. Emirates is my fav for i/n.

Gessler likes this.
  14. Gessler

Gessler Regular Member

Hhahahhaahah yeah lol. It is impossible to even look at them with desire - it makes us feel bad about ourselves.

SpiceJet girls -

[​IMG]

Air India bhabhis -

[​IMG]

^^ Are they air hostesses or clerks in a government office? Can't tell the difference!

Mikesingh likes this.
  15. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    OT: contrary to the experiences posted here & some others i have read elsewhere, i consider myself to have been very fortunate to have polar opposite experiences. have travelled a couple of times in AI internationally & domestically (all the times in the dreamliner in the former case :D ), and would give nearly full marks to AI on all the service-fronts, esp. on food. :D
    Tapatalked!

16. Gessler

Gessler Regular Member

Air India crew in khaki uniform...

What hopeful men expect to get -
    [​IMG]

What experienced men know that we'll get -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bahamut, Razor and Mikesingh like this.
  17. Mikesingh

Oh God Almighty! Where did you get that pic from?
    [​IMG]
    :drool: :drool:

SREEKAR and Indx TechStyle like this.
  18. Mikesingh

Future ISIS air hostess uniform for Caliphate Airlines....

[​IMG]

:biggrin2:

SREEKAR, pmaitra, Razor and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola Regular Member

Oh yeah. Try using Black or Grey in the hot Indian summer. :hitwall: There is a reason why Khaki was selected for India by the British. It does not absorb sunlight as much.
    More ideally white can be used but knowing the dust in India its impossible to wash it everyday.
    But Khaki for cabin crew is completely idiotic.

Bahamut and Indx TechStyle like this.
  20. Indx TechStyle

Well, even for police, Khaki can be recolored.

21. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

T
    There are very proffessional officersbut there are some bad apple , lets hope there is a clean up