New to DFI: JMM99

JMM99

OK, @Ray, I'm here. Now, you can tell me what to do. :thumb:

But first a brief introduction. I'm a retired dinosaur who lives in the snowbelt of Northern Michigan, not far from Canada from whence my ancestors came here in the late 1800s - Irish French-Canadian (my dad), Finnish (my mom).

Educational and legal practice background: Michigan Tech (Houghton MI), Michigan Law and Michigan Law Review (Ann Arbor MI), Sullivan & Cromwell (NYC) and private practice and consulting from Northern Michigan.

I spend a good deal of online time at Small Wars Council, where I post primarily on Hague-Geneva stuff (rules of engagement), constitutional and international law issues, and some history and foreign policy posts.

I'm told by the text editor that I'm prohibited from posting links here. As Ray knows, I link a lot and so my usefulness here will probably be limited.

Regards

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

I have created a new introductory thread for @JMM99.

Welcome to DFI, and enjoy your stay.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
OK, [MENTION=261]

I'm told by the text editor that I'm prohibited from posting links here. As Ray knows, I link a lot and so my usefulness here will probably be limited.

Regards

Mike
mike you need to cross some 20 posts to start the links in the forum i think

JMM99

I appreciate the welcomes, but particularly the advice that 20 posts are required to link. I thought it might be something like that.

Now, you all should plaster me with a bunch of questions that don't require links to answer; and soon I can get down to whatever business that Ray wants me to do re: the Khobragade case. :thumb:

Regards

Mike

pmaitra

@JMM99, Are you a military professional? Majority of people in DFI are not, although it is a defense forum.

pmaitra

@JMM99, are you a gun owner? If yes, what guns do you own? Also, what is/are your favourite guns?

Answer separately, so that it helps finish off your limited privilege quota quickly.

Waffen SS

I appreciate the welcomes, but particularly the advice that 20 posts are required to link. I thought it might be something like that.

Now, you all should plaster me with a bunch of questions that don't require links to answer; and soon I can get down to whatever business that Ray wants me to do re: the Khobragade case. :thumb:

Regards

Mike
Actually sir here was a recent spam attack on DFI. To stop Spamming Moderators were forced to take this step. Dont mind. It is temporary.:cool2::cool2:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/introductions-greetings/56873-spam-flood-dfi.html

Here is another American @W.G.Ewald I hope you will have a good time here.

And welcome.:balle::balle:

bose

Country flag
welcome Mike !! have a nice time in DFI...

JMM99

Military professional question.

No, unfortunately. When I was a young boy, my "plans" for the military were sidetracked by a bone infection that destroyed my left hip and right wrist. That was about the same time that John Keegan's plans were changed by the same problem, although he was a slightly older dinosaur than I at that time in the late 1940s. So, I've always been on the civilian side of the coin, though like Keegan I've never lost my interest in things military.

Regards

Mike

Last edited:

JMM99

Gun question #1

I've been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association since the 1970s; and, when I was still doing trial work regularly (which ended 25 years ago), I was a pro bono consultant in the Second Amendment Foundation's legal services program. So, yes, I am a gun owner.

Regards

Mike

JMM99

Gun question #2

That sounds like a form from BATF. :frusty: (the little man is BATF; I'm the brick wall). Seriously, my wife and I own a number of firearms.

Regards

Mike

JMM99

Gun question #3

Favorites:

Colt Commander .45 ACP

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. (with a Ruger .44 Mag. Carbine semi-auto); however, the better match to the revolver is my Marlin .45-70 lever action.

J.C Higgins .22LR revolver from the early 1950s (I learned handgun shooting using this piece, which is quite accurate) & a Rem. 541-S .22LR Custom Sporter (very accurate for a .22LR).

Rem. 870 pump 12-gauge & Ruger 77 in .308 Win.

Regards

Mike

JMM99

Spammers

They are annoying to say the least. At SWC we recently had some buzzard overpost to the each most recent thread in almost all of the forums. It gave David (or some other mod) something to do that morning. So, a link restriction based on posts does make sense.

Regards

Mike

Last edited:

JMM99

Spiez' avatar

My wife's sentiments also. She and I liked to target shoot when we were younger.

A revolver is the Great Equalizer, isn't it ?

Regards

Mike

JMM99

Finally, since it's 0125 here and I'm going to stop now, thank you for the added welcomes. I managed to slog through the first dozen pages of the maid thread and a number of names above are familiar from doing that.

Regards

Mike

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles