New Sukhoi base to cover south India

bennedose

Sulur is near Coimbatore - not far from Ooty. Thanjavur, with MKIs is different.
Check Thanjavur (Tanjore) towards the east and Coimbatore way off to the west

Last edited:

Jagdish58

Sulur is near Coimbatore - not far from Ooty. Thanjavur, with MKIs is different.
Check Thanjavur (Tanjore) towards the east and Coimbatore way off to the west
Top class :thumb:i really accept

What i meant is LCA in Sulur & Tanjore Air base , i know it is no match for MKI's but home grown fighter brings lot of chear & flare :thumb:

Austinjimson

What is the purpose for sukhoi base in southern India? ?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Jagdish58

For maritime recce ,strike and to fortify southern airspace where defence is neglected

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why they need Air Dominance fighters in sea Shores.. we have Vikarmaditya and IAC 1 Holding some Air Superiority fighters like MiG 29K ..So placing some ASW and Anti Ship Missile Carrying Planes like P8i or IL 38 is Good move
Part of two front war doctrine. Second line of defence if A/C fail to defend at Melacca Straits from an incoming wave and also offence, to nutrilize Chinese and Paki assets in Lanka and nearby,

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Part of two front war doctrine. Second line of defence if A/C fail to defend at Melacca Straits from an incoming wave and also offence, to nutrilize Chinese and Paki assets in Lanka and nearby,
Sir.. I sure If Pakistan and China field their aircrafts in Sri Lanka means direct threat ..and I sure Sri lanka is under the Coastal missile's range ..!!

It's better adding SAM or Coastal batteries than building a Su 30 MKI base in Tamil Nadu

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I think the Su30 squadron in the south will primarily be used as a supersonic maritime strike fighter .we shall place a squadron armed with the air launched brahmos in thanjavur finally.

avknight1408

Country flag
Sir.. I sure If Pakistan and China field their aircrafts in Sri Lanka means direct threat ..and I sure Sri lanka is under the Coastal missile's range ..!!

It's better adding SAM or Coastal batteries than building a Su 30 MKI base in Tamil Nadu
Sri lanka will be no walkover. Sri lanka is no friend of India's. We should place more warships and fighter jets in Tamil nadu. Also we should provide air cover for Kudankulam nuclear plant and navy base INS Kattabomman.

Punya Pratap

Country flag
Su 30 MKI's are an overkill if you are considering their basing in south for Sri Lanka who does nt pose a threat that needs MKI's.... The real reason is to checkmate the PLAAN's Indian Ocean activities and defend the A&N Naval assets besides the Kudankulam nuclear plant. China is making a move in Maldives and Seychelles and the rest of their string of pearls including the Coco Islands which are close to the A&N so that is also a major factor and puts the string of pearls in the direct threat with these MKI's which I hope also gets armed with Brahmos.

Also MKI's armed with anti shipping missiles is a formidable challenge to anything the PLAAN brings to IOC and even China will think twice before venturing in our "backyard" with their future AC's which is a matter of time and something PLAAN intends to do. So much for securing the Straits of Malacca as now the MKI's will put more pressure on Chinese think tanks.

Smart move if you ask me..... I will also keep my fingers crossed for a future basing of 1 squad of MKI's + NLCA Mk2 EACH + Akash SAM's and Nirbhay (when operational - just coz of better range than Brahmos) augmented hopefully by 1 Kochi class (dare I hope) + 1 Project 17A (when operational) + 1 Kamorta class & 01 SSK + 01 SSBN at the Andaman & Nicobar Joint Naval Base!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles