Light tanks for Indian Army

bhramos

Country flag
PT-91 EX AND CV90 120 WILL BE SHOT IN POLAND

Presented for the first time in Poland, at the fair MSPO, CV90 120T tank is not returned to Sweden, but the company BAE Systems Hägglund handed him over to the ZM-Bumar Labedy the implementation of the agreement signed at the salon.

In Gliwice car was started, and engineers have given it unaltered to start conceptual work on solutions that could be an element of participation in the international project Bumar tank support structure based on the CV90 120T. To learn its capabilities traction and maneuverability, the crew took the test with him Łabęd many attempts on the range Establishment.

In mid-October at the training ground in Drawsko Pomorskie the CV90 120T tank car and the PT-91 Ex shooting missiles will be carried out kumulacyjnymi moving and stationary for the purpose of 2000 meters away. Each of the tanks will give a minimum of 10 shots. This will be one of the elements of a presentation to representatives of the possibility of army tanks.

http://www.redakcjawojskowa.pl/gazeta/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8466&Itemid=35

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Polish LT is a updated polish version of CV-90 120T, the big difference is the unmanned turret which reduce the weight further..

Agantrope

If main gun is 120mm then why not Arjun's gun in Indian version? Is there an technical mismatch?
It is a heavy gun for light tank also there are many technical difficulties when assembled on a lighter turret

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
MORE PICS with MORE INFO!
e-RAPORT MSPO 1/2010
Propozycja Bumaru: Wielozadaniowa Platforma Bojowa Anders
05-09-2010

Podczas MSPO 2010 w Kielcach swoją wielką premierę ma najnowszy pojazd opancerzony, opracowany w Polsce siłami OBRUM w Gliwicach przy wsparciu Grupy Bumar. Wóz Wsparcia Ogniowego ze 120-mm gładkolufową armatą RUAG powstał na bazie najnowszej polskiej Wielozadaniowej Platformy Bojowej Anders.

Przyjęte w projekcie Wozu Wsparcia Ogniowego (Lekkiego Czołgu) rozwiązania techniczne i dokonany dobór komponentów pozwalają zaliczyć Wóz Wsparcia Ogniowego (zwany też Polskim Lekkim Czołgiem) na bazie Wielozadaniowej Platformy Bojowej do generacji rozwojowej III+ wśród światowych rozwiązań głównych czołgów bojowych (MBT) / Zdjęcie: Ireneusz Roszczyk/OBRUM

Anders jest świadectwem możliwości intelektualnych kadry naukowo-technicznej i badawczej oraz zdolności sił wytwórczych Polskiego Przemysłu Obronnego. Jest wynikiem realizacji przez OBRUM, w konsorcjum z Wojskową Akademią Techniczną i Wojskowymi Zakładami Mechanicznymi SA w Siemianowicach Śląskich, projektu rozwojowego nr O R00 0030 05 Lekki Czołg, finansowanego przez Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego.

Projekt Wozu Wsparcia Ogniowego i Wielozadaniowej Platformy Bojowej jest wynikiem:

* przeprowadzonych w OBRUM studiów literaturowych i prac analitycznych nad programami FCSS, NGP, FRES, SEP realizowanymi przez wiodące państwa (USA, Niemcy, W Brytania, Szwecja),
* programu Polska Wizja PrzyszÅ‚ego Pola Walki – studium zrealizowanego pod kierunkiem OBRUM,
* doświadczeń kadry intelektualnej OBRUM wynikających z opracowania i wdrożenia nowych rodzajów sprzętu pancernego i saperskiego dla SZ RP oraz jego modernizacji,możliwości technicznych i wytwórczych ZM Bumar Łabędy.

Niska masa bojowa oraz osiÄ…gniÄ™ty wysoki poziom osÅ‚onnoÅ›ci balistycznej (konstrukcja podstawowa – poziom 3+, z dodatkowym pancerzem 5+, a przeciw minom poziom 3) wg STANAG 4569 oraz wymiary gabarytowe umożliwiajÄ…ce transport lotniczy, predysponujÄ… jego wykorzystanie w misjach interwencyjnych lub stabilizacyjnych, zarówno w konfliktach klasycznych, jak i asymetrycznych, w tym na terenach zurbanizowanych i górzystych w dowolnych miejscach geograficznych. Ma możliwość przewożenia i szybkiego spieszenia czterech żoÅ‚nierzy desantu / ZdjÄ™cie: Ireneusz Roszczyk/OBRUM

W budowie demonstratora wykorzystano wiele innowacyjnych technologii i elementów konstrukcji, a także koncepcji eksploatacyjnych. Warto wymienić najważniejsze z nich:

* wymiary i masa predysponują wóz do działań aeromobilnych,
* 3-osobowa załoga z możliwością przewozu 4 żołnierzy desantu,
* systemy wizyjne tyłu pojazdu,
* amortyzatory cierne, oryginalne rozwiÄ…zanie OBRUM, ze zderzakami elastomerowymi,
* możliwość wyposażenia dziobowej części kadłuba w szybkozłącza do montażu osprzętu inżynieryjnego (spychacz, trał),
* agregat prądotwórczy i klimatyzacja do prac w tzw. misji cichej,
* zmniejszona sygnatura termalna gazów spalinowych przez ich mieszanie z powietrzem układu chłodzenia,
* konstrukcja ekranów bocznych zmniejszająca sygnaturę termalną pochodzącą z układu bieżnego,
* możliwość zmniejszenia wykrycia radarowego przez zastosowanie farb z absorberem mikrofalowym.
* sieć pokładowa wysokoenergetyczna ~120kW predysponuje podwozie do wykorzystania np. w WB PZA Loara, systemach radarowych, czy nośnikach broni obezwładniającej,
* napęd wieży wykonany w oparciu o oryginalne rozwiązanie OBRUM,
* 6-głowicowy system ostrzegania o opromieniowaniu laserowym,
* zmodyfikowane systemy zabezpieczeń przed bronią ABC,
* dodatkowy pancerz kompozytowy z systemem szybkiego montażu,
* technologia spajania materiałów drogą tarciową,
* rozwiązania systemów transmisji danych,
* silniki elektryczne napędu wentylatorów i technologia wykonania wentylatorów,
* systemy optyczne i transmisji obrazu celownika działonowego ze stabilizacją dwupłaszczyznową,
* sposób montażu i eliminacji luzów,
* technologia wykonania korpusu ze stali Secure 500,
* nocny przyrzÄ…d kierowcy PNK-72B.

Altair - Propozycja Bumaru: Wielozadaniowa Platforma Bojowa Anders
E-MSPO REPORT 1 / 2010
Bumar proposal: Multi-Platform Anders Battle
05-09-2010

During MSPO 2010 in Kielce has released its latest large armored vehicle, which was developed in Poland in Gliwice OBRUM forces with the support of Bumar Group. Car fire support from 120-mm smoothbore gun Ruag is based on the latest Polish Multidisciplinary Platform Anders Battle.

Adopted in the draft fire support Dipper (Light Tank) technology and made possible the selection of components include car fire support (also called a light tank Polish) based on the Multidisciplinary Platform for the generation of Combat III development among the world's responses to the main battle tanks (MBT) / Photo: Ireneusz Roszczyk / OBRUM

Anders is a testament to the intellectual capacity of scientific and technical staff and research capacity of the productive forces and the Polish Defence Industry. Is the result of the implementation by OBRUM, in consortium with the Military University of Technology and Military Establishments mechanical SA Siemianowice Slaskie, development project No 0030 R00 About 05 light tank, funded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.

Draft fire support Dipper and the Multidisciplinary Platform Battle is the result:

* OBRUM studies conducted in literature and the analytical work FCSS programs, NGP, Fres, SEP implemented by the leading countries (USA, Germany, the UK, Sweden)
* Future Vision program, Poland battlefield - a study realized under the direction of OBRUM,
* Staff of intellectual experience OBRUM of developing and implementing new types of armored vehicles and sapper for the Polish Armed Forces and its modernization, technical and manufacturing ZM Bumar Labedy.

Low mass combat and achieved a high level of ballistic osłonności (basic structure - level 3, with additional armor, 5, and anti-mine level 3) according to STANAG 4569 and the overall dimensions for air transport, predisposes its use in emergency or stabilization missions, both in the classic conflict and asymmetric, including in urban areas and mountainous in any geographical locations. Has the ability to carry and quick acceleration four Marines / Photo: Ireneusz Roszczyk / OBRUM

The demonstrator used in the construction of many innovative technology and design, and operational concepts. Worth mentioning the most important of them:

* Dimensions and weight predispose car to aero-mobile operations,
* 3-person crew with the possibility of transport of four Marines,
* Rear vision systems,
* Friction shock absorbers, an original solution OBRUM with elastomer buffers,
* Possible to equip the bow of the ship at a quick release mounting hardware engineering (bulldozer, Tral)
* Power generator and air conditioning to work in the so-called. Mission quiet
* Reduced thermal signature of exhaust gases through their mixing with the air cooling system
* Construction of screens, reducing the side coming from the thermal signature of bieżnego,
* The opportunity to reduce radar detection by applying paint with microwave absorber.
* On-board network of high-energy ~ 120kW predisposes chassis for use in the UK for example, PZA Loara, radar systems, or incapacitating weapons carriers,
* Drive tower constructed on the basis of an original solution OBRUM,
* 6-head warning system opromieniowaniu laser
* Modified protection systems against weapons of ABC
* Additional composite armor with fast assembly
* Technology materials by friction welding,
* Data transmission systems solutions,
* Electric motors drive fans and technology of ventilators,
* Transmission systems and optical image stabilized gunner sight dwupłaszczyznową,
* Assembly and the elimination of backlash,
* Technology of Secure steel cabinet 500,
* Device driver night SCG-72B.

Google Translate

Prototype Light tank is ready for field trials.. :emot112:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
one question one of indian psu is partner in it . so would india gets right to develop it or we have to buy form the original polish firm?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
First of all, great news that we are considering other east European nations in our list alongside our main partner Russia. Involving more countries into the fray would mean that we have better relations with all the former Warsaw Pact countries as well as former Soviet Republics. This in turn would benefit not only our defence industry which is slow and inefficient but also their computer industry courtesy our IT capabilities.

Very nice. We'll especially need two things out of this apart from its 100 mm (?) main-gun turret. The AAA variant and the APC/MR-APC variant.

These should also be complimented with enough numbers of heavy-lift choppers.
You know, considering that we have infrastructure for the Russian Mis I think we need to consider only Mi-26 straight as heavy lift choppers. Ask the Russians to add digital cockpit that can be handled by 2 pilots rather than a crew of 6. Mi-26 is the ultimate monster that IAF needs for heavy lift operations.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
one question one of indian psu is partner in it . so would india gets right to develop it or we have to buy form the original polish firm?
We will be developing this inside our own country..
check page 1 for more Info..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

One more Pic..
For more info's we should wait for official premier at MSPO-2010 exhibition in Kielce.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Wonder what make the turret is?

Looks pretty good to me.

A bit like an upgraded version of the Swedish CV90, if you ask me. But solid and a lot more rugged.

I'm also hearing news that the Indian requirement is that the tanks be active-lift deployable from heavy-lift choppers like the Mil Mi-26 (or the Chinook if we ever buy them).

It'll be deadly if we can count the Trophy among its Active Protection Systems.

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
india & russia jointly building a smart tank is a 3 year old news.do anyone have any new information regarding this joint venture.i heard the russian cancelled the t-95 programme in april 2010 due to obsolete design.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Wonder what make the turret is?

Looks pretty good to me.

A bit like an upgraded version of the Swedish CV90, if you ask me. But solid and a lot more rugged.

I'm also hearing news that the Indian requirement is that the tanks be active-lift deployable from heavy-lift choppers like the Mil Mi-26 (or the Chinook if we ever buy them).

It'll be deadly if we can count the Trophy among its Active Protection Systems.

The turret is unmanned, the Gun is 120mm smooth-bore ( Indian Variant will be Capable of firing LAHAT ) ...
The Chassis and turret tech will be passed on to us, India already made progress on production facility..
The tank will be equipped with ERA, Active protection system will be same as T-90S..
This Tanks will be deployed in NE sector where T-72/T-55 failed to give armored protection..

FearlessTiger

T-72/T-55 failed to give armored protection
These are MAIN battle tank in the Past, How do you say that It failed to give protection, they did their duties long enough, both are very good tanks

Agantrope

IMO this tank will take atleast 4-5 years to see a fully functional prototype. I think we are jumping even before the prototype comes out :emot100:

bhramos

Country flag
These are MAIN battle tank in the Past, How do you say that It failed to give protection, they did their duties long enough, both are very good tanks
you are correct, T-55/72 were most feared tanks by the West of their time........ And T-72 was made to fight WW-III by USSR.....
to be low and Fast......

gogbot

India, Poland to boost Defence ties - Samaylive- Latest News, Regional News, Business, Sports News.

India, Poland to boost Defence ties
07 Sep 2010 11:26:00
Font size:

India and Poland will hold discussions to strengthen bilateral ties especially in the fields of defence and will sign an agreement for cultural exchange programme for 2010-2012.

Prime Minister of Republic of Poland Donald Tusk, who arrived in Bangalore on monday on a three-day state visit to India, will hold delegation level talks with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and will call on President Pratibha Patil. Tusk is a first non-communist Polish Prime Minister to visit India on an official trip.

After his meeting with Singh, the two sides are expected to sign some agreements including one in the field of cultural exchanges. "While number of agreements are on table, one which will be signed is on cultural exchanges," Banashri Bose Harrison, Joint Secretary (Central Europe) in Ministry of External Affairs told .

"In the past, Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi had visited Poland in 1955 and 1967 respectively, but no Indian prime minister has goneto Poland since 1979. In that year Morarji Desai had come on an official visit at the invitation of the Communist government. It is surprising that no Indian prime minister has come to Poland since the fall of Communism in 1989," said Janusz Krzyzowski, president of the India-Polish Cultural Committee.

Indo-Polish trade zoomed to $800 million in 2008 from a small sum of $200 million in 2003. Many important computer companies such as Tata Consultany Services and Reliance have made Poland their base in Eastern and Central European operations in the last five years. Indian origin steel baron Lakshmi Mittal controls 70 percentage of steel mills in Poland.

On Tuesday morning, Donald Tusk will be given a ceremonial reception at forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan

On his visit he will be meeting External Affairs Minister S. M. Krishna ,United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi ,leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj .

Later, he will be attending a Business Luncheon meet by FICCI/CII/ASSOCHAM .

The Indian delegation for the talks will include Defence Minister A K Antony, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and the External Affairs Minister.

Poland is India's largest trading partner and export destination in the Central-European region. It has been a member of European Union since 2004 and is one of the important gateways into the European Union and CIS.

Poland will assume the Presidency of EU in 2011

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles