New look forum - views, problems & suggestions

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
well in that case forget the babs of MOD and just let's concentrate on the second part of my sentence which was to publish in global defence magazines of high repute .....btw this is a serious topic , ....( i hope ? )
It makes perfect sense.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@roma we have in our internal discussion talked about e-magazine. What we lack is dedicated people. If we have to become serious, we need to get serious.

And I don't think Christine fair mentioned me in any of her articles, I think she just tweeted my article on Niti :)

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
@roma we have in our internal discussion talked about e-magazine. What we lack is dedicated people. If we have to become serious, we need to get serious.

And I don't think Christine fair mentioned me in any of her articles, I think she just tweeted my article on Niti :)
It would be nice if she writes something for our front page. Even if she rehashes old stuff.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It would be nice if she writes something for our front page. Even if she rehashes old stuff.
We might not be able to afford the price for it. I don't think she writes for free :)

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
We might not be able to afford the price for it. I don't think she writes for free :)
Poochne me kya harz hai .... We are anyway a small community , would give us great publicity.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Yusuf-ji, Sir, given that we are all non-currently serving members of any armed forces nor members of academia in strategic studies, i think it is a most commendable achievement that she was even aware of your article and referred to it ( via tweet ) . Sir , in all honesty and without exaggeration, this is a truly good start and i for one certainly hope it doesn't end there .

My offer is to help you in your efforts ..... and if i can or rather if this forum can, to gather others to do likewise for you.

Allow me to ask and answer why it should preferably be yourself to lead the way - for the simple reason that you have already made serious and actual headway

To that end i therefore ask this forum to get a better focus ......all the arguing , name -calling , second guessing of personal details and all that type of childish stuff should be pruned and such persons can be politely hinted at to do their junk elsewhere - we want this forum to have a classy standard to where people like dr. christine and indeed others will take note ....at least once in a blue moon ? :biggrin2:

and i dont think we can either need or desire to pay anyone to get on here - let's do it on own own and if it gets recognised then we did it on our own efforts and not because we had paid help.

The final report card on the success or otherwise of this forum shall be our output - and little else - the quality of our output ....and lets face it every second we spend hereon is our life -time ......those hours we spend here are IRREPLACEABLE - so do we want it to be name-calling or worthy of publishing ?

in conclusion , we need to take up the first-class suggestions that yusuf-ji has made in his post quoted above .i.e revive the discussion on the e-magazine . form a closed group, with restricted email facility - some will drop out, never mind replace if possible and keep going - once we start the initial inertia will give way to momentum and it gets better . The start is usually the toughest but it needs to be done.

we are going to spend the time on this forum anyway - look at the number of posts we have made ( thousands of posts - hmmm enough for a few articles ) - look at the time since we joined this forum ( years - enough to proof-read a few articles ) - wouldn't we prefer to achieve something rather than just keyboarding and clicking ?
sorry if i wrote too much - ...... as i did say, once youre on a roll ..........:bounce:

ref for comments , please :- @Ray -ji, @LETHALFORCE-ji, @pmaitra-ji, @Kunal-ji, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad -ji

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
I am missing "Alerts". Would somebody direct me to alerts section.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@LurkerBaba - 140 characters is too much. Sometimes the answer is not so long. I think 40-50 characters is a decent limit............................

Shirman

Country flag
My suggestion to Mods is to make a separate induction , Procurement Of Defense equipment of Army , Navy and airforce under DM Manohar Parikar ie Since Modi Government took charge in 2014 or at least have a column or me starting a thread on Defense Induction , i sort of lost track of all the defense related issues since Arun Jaitley took charge......What i mean is all the induction of defense related equipment since 2014 there tenders-status-completion it may not be foreign related but also domestic induction from Drdo, Hal private players like Tata, Mahindra etc like for eg lets say induction of Dhanush howitzers or induction of 124 Arjun mk2 tanks..I want to see the Work of our current Dm Parikar compared to Dm Antony

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I would like to know the name of the default font please.

SANITY

There are too few members online since new look forum has been introduced. Earlier it used to be around 40 to 70 but now it's 25-40. At the moment, just 8 or 9 members.

Hari Sud

Country flag
The "Bell" on the right does not tell me whether it is a like posted or a quote.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Hari Sud

Country flag
Thanks Daredevil. I will adjust to the new circumstances.

TejasMK3

Country flag
Guys I miss the feature that used to automatically take up the title of the article when the url.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles