New DRDO projects

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Here is a list of projects sanctioned by the government to the DRDO since 2014.

source:delhidefencereview.com

@sayareakd notice project Pralay in the list.

View attachment 13631
Yeah seen it, its tactical SSM. More advance.

No. 13 is interesting given the funds released.

No.11 we should have done years ago. Saw test of similar system from france and now that we have club version of the same. It will caught the Paki and Chinese subs off guard and send them to the bottom for ever. It basically smallest torpedo added to nirbhay. It will drop it just above the enemy sub and enemy sub will have no idea what has hit them.

Good to see big laser was given finds, looks like the prototype laser on the truck was sucessful. Friend said it was very sucessful. This funding confirms it. Now we can target enemy missile on line of sight.

Shadow

Country flag
Yeah seen it, its tactical SSM. More advance.

No. 13 is interesting given the funds released.

No.11 we should have done years ago. Saw test of similar system from france and now that we have club version of the same. It will caught the Paki and Chinese subs off guard and send them to the bottom for ever. It basically smallest torpedo added to nirbhay. It will drop it just above the enemy sub and enemy sub will have no idea what has hit them.

Good to see big laser was given finds, looks like the prototype laser on the truck was sucessful. Friend said it was very sucessful. This funding confirms it. Now we can target enemy missile on line of sight.
What is ANVESHA?

kunal1123

Country flag
Two things drdo has not said that test was postponed, they didn't said anything, thats shocking part. Another shocking part was the report that it would be pontoon test. Why haven't they tested from ATV Arihant. Whats stopping them from testing from Arihant. Things are not what they seems.
Just one thing. DRDO has not yet declared anything which indicates that the K4 test has been delayed or cancelled. We should wait for the official statement about this test to come out.
The first test of the missile had been carried out in complete secrecy and its only later on that we came to know about it. Now this time around, it seems like the whole media thing has been shunned out from the test. Now it could mean two things.
First, the test has been delayed or postponed. But if it had been the thing, the media would have reported it. If not media, then defence enthusiast or people who closely monitor the tests would have reported it.
Second, the test had been a failure. In this scenario, I do have complete faith in our media to jump up and down and report it in bold golden letters as China had recently on 2nd feb tested its D-5 with 10 MIRV.

So a third possibility does build up. The news had been a false report to hide out on something or the test had been carried out in complete secrecy just like past. Now what were the results? I think we should keep a check on our horses from running wild and wait for the official statement.
i don't think there is any failure ,i think it is postponed and i think current international scenario lead that to happen(Iran test)

delta

Country flag
Here is a list of projects sanctioned by the government to the DRDO since 2014.

source:delhidefencereview.com

@sayareakd notice project Pralay in the list.

View attachment 13631
ek minute! we are still developing a submarine periscope? for Rs. 163.77 Cr (i assume)? have we not been able to develop one so far? and at this cost, hum kya bana rahe hain, periscope armed with missile launchers and lasers??

also, can we have a thread to discuss the various other projects on this list? what say you admins?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ek minute! we are still developing a submarine periscope? for Rs. 163.77 Cr (i assume)? have we not been able to develop one so far? and at this cost, hum kya bana rahe hain, periscope armed with missile launchers and lasers??

also, can we have a thread to discuss the various other projects on this list? what say you admins?
Sometimes some projects, were kept as front to pay for black projects.

Good example is ATV and K-series, for which there was no paperwork for long time. Still you need to ask money from Parliament. They never asked officially :scared2:

Similar things have been done by others including Uncle.

Good example is Movie Independence Day, where US President ask where did you get funding for Area 51 (Alien research center), hero's father says you believed that light bulb or toilet seat cost $500?

:biggrin2:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
what's GHATAK in #9?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
yeah some super search programme for IAF, it could be Cruise missile defence project...........
could it be the ANTI-Radiation missile which was talked about in the beginning of 2016? it was supposed to seek and destroy radars and comm. facilities..

anveshana could also means seeking/searching..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
could it be the ANTI-Radiation missile which was talked about in the beginning of 2016? it was supposed to seek and destroy radars and comm. facilities..

anveshana could also means seeking/searching..
DRDO is good with names, i must say that.

Let say if it is anti radiation missile it had to something with attack with the search name. (I could be wrong)

Anti radiation missile does exists, we need them for against Radars and AWACS.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles