New DRDO projects

Scrutator

#11 (Supersonic missile assited release of torpedo) was a pleasant surprise!! I had been wanting DRDO to take up this project/product for a while now!!!!
The concept/product is an old one that has existed with US Navy for about 50 years (known as ASROC). It is a no-brainer. Torpedos travel extremely sluggishly in water, as such it is best launched quickly in air as a rocket/missile and then a short-range torpedo (warhead of the rocket/missile) is released right over the submarine's location - with literally devastating effect.

Scrutator

Any information on what Rudra M-II is? From the amount of money allocated to this project, it is definitely not a superficial face lift to Rudra helicopter (and Rudra is a HAL product and not DRDO's anyways)

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
AFAIK, ANVESHA is the derivative or we could say advance version of Swordfish LRTR. DRDO had two version of RADAR in development. ASLESHA for Short Range and ANVESHA for long range if I remember correctly.
India is developing a Anti Mission Laser and Anti Aircraft Laser Right
And it's own version of THEL

Kshatriya87

Country flag
India is developing a Anti Mission Laser and Anti Aircraft Laser Right
And it's own version of THEL
KALI is the name. They have tested it but the amount of power it consumes is massive. That is the issue. Besides this, India has also weaponised lasers naming Dazzler/Aditya. They can be used to disperse crowds or make a terrorist come out of his hide out.

Scrutator

Any information on what Rudra M-II is? From the amount of money allocated to this project, it is definitely not a superficial face lift to Rudra helicopter (and Rudra is a HAL product and not DRDO's anyways)
It appears to be the unmanned ground vehicle!!

Gessler

Country flag
There is no K6 and K2. There is only the K-5 which is a MIRVed ICBM. It will be developed from A6.

Scrutator

It appears to be the unmanned ground vehicle!!
Scratch that! It appears to be a new "Air to Surface" missile (possibly the anti-radiation missile?)

Scrutator

No, there the mark 1 of the NGARM isnt even ready.
There were some tests which DRDO claimed as "successful" but the IAF refused to be impressed as they curiously claimed it to be overweight. Perhaps this 'M-II' version will rectify some of those problems!
I am just guessing btw...

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
There were some tests which DRDO claimed as "successful" but the IAF refused to be impressed as they curiously claimed it to be overweight. Perhaps this 'M-II' version will rectify some of those problems!
I am just guessing btw...

I dont think so. We'll see eventually.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
What do you think this could be?? Is there another Air-to-Surface missile under development other than NGARM? I am thinking it's not SAAW.

Where are you getting it's a air to surface missile? I dont know what thise Rudra Mark 2. But they never call something mark 2 without operationalizing mark 1. Similar to Arjun and Tejas, mark 1 of both did not have things which the user wanted. Had certain serviceability issues, etc.

SAAW is the 250 kg bomb, there is 1000kg glide bomb, plus a winged 1000kg 100km ranged bomb. I dont think any of those a Rudra Mark 2. I may be missing some more programs.

Scrutator

I know tha
Where are you getting it's a air to surface missile? I dont know what thise Rudra Mark 2. But they never call something mark 2 without operationalizing mark 1. Similar to Arjun and Tejas, mark 1 of both did not have things which the user wanted. Had certain serviceability issues, etc.

SAAW is the 250 kg bomb, there is 1000kg glide bomb, plus a winged 1000kg 100km ranged bomb. I dont think any of those a Rudra Mark 2. I may be missing some more programs.
None of those qualify as 'missiles'.

See this link:

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=158187

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I know tha

None of those qualify as 'missiles'.

See this link:

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=158187
From the above link

Some of the new special innovative projects undertaken by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) during last three years are:

·Pralay Missile (new missile)

·Rudra M-II Air to Surface Missile (new missile wonder if its for nuke delivery)

·Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) [we already know what it is]

·Ku-band Active Radar Seeker

·Stealth Wing Flying Testbed (SWiFT)

·AESA Based Integrated Sensor Suite (ABISS)

·EM Gun Powered by a Capacitor Bank (its rail gun)

·Multi-Agent Robotics System (MARS)

·Ku-band TWTA for Aerospace Application

·Submarine Periscope

·Air Independent Propulsion System for Submarine

·AWACS (India), Radar USHAS

Scrutator

From the above link

Some of the new special innovative projects undertaken by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) during last three years are:

·Pralay Missile (new missile)

·Rudra M-II Air to Surface Missile (new missile wonder if its for nuke delivery)

·Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) [we already know what it is]

·Ku-band Active Radar Seeker

·Stealth Wing Flying Testbed (SWiFT)

·AESA Based Integrated Sensor Suite (ABISS)

·EM Gun Powered by a Capacitor Bank (its rail gun)

·Multi-Agent Robotics System (MARS)

·Ku-band TWTA for Aerospace Application

·Submarine Periscope

·Air Independent Propulsion System for Submarine

·AWACS (India), Radar USHAS
For Nuke delivery? Is another one required when we have Brahmos-A for the purpose (air-to-surface)?
You don't think it could be the improved NGARM?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles