New Chinese visa policy irks India

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
China snubs India again

China snubs India again

Rejecting New Delhi's assertions that Beijing should respect India's sensitivities on Kashmir, China on Tuesday said that its policy of issuing stapled visas to Kashmiris would remain unchanged, in crucial comments ahead of a meeting between Prime Ministers of the two countries.

Weeks after External Affairs Minister SM Krishna hoped that Beijing would maintain "neutrality" on the affairs related to Jammu and Kashmir and respect India's sensitivities on the issue, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said, "Though China had friendly relations with India, its policy towards the stapled visas for residents of the State remained unchanged."

The comments come ahead of this week's meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao on the sidelines of East Asia Summit in Hanoi, Vietnam.

The issue of stapled visa is likely to figure prominently at the talks.

Ma Zhaoxu, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said at his bi-weekly briefing, "As for the Indian Kashmir visa our policy is consistent and has stayed unchanged." He was replying to questions whether the issue would come up for discussions at the meeting between Singh and Wen.

He said officials of both the countries were in "touch" with each other to arrange the meeting. Indian officials expect the meeting to take place on October 30.

Ma declined to comment on the just concluded visit of Singh to Japan and the Indian Prime Minister's talks with his Japanese counterpart, Naoto Kan in which China figured prominently.

"We usually do not comment on leaders meeting from other countries. Our friendly position with India remains unchanged. Meanwhile, we value strategic relations with Japan," Ma said.

China has been issuing stapled visas to residents of Jammu and Kashmir since 2008.

The policy had its biggest fallout when China recently declined to grant visa to Lt Gen BS Jaswal, the Chief of Indian Army's northern command for official talks here on the ground that he headed troops of a disputed area.

The stapled visa issue has emerged as an irritant in Sino-Indian ties at a time when bilateral trade is set to cross US $60 billion target set for this year.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/292555/China-snubs-India-again.html

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
who cares?????we are always one step ahead.....we have govt. of free tibet in exile in dharamshala.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A day will come when India will just say China has to vacate illegally occupied Tibet and support the struggle overtly and recognize tibet as independent. The west will surely support this as a majority of the people in the west sympathize with tibetan cause and will force their govts to support tibetans.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A day will come when India will just say China has to vacate illegally occupied Tibet and support the struggle overtly and recognize tibet as independent. The west will surely support this as a majority of the people in the west sympathize with tibetan cause and will force their govts to support tibetans.
That is what worries China.

The other issue is that if China get too belligerent and it becomes essential for the US to confront China, there is the chance that CIA may come into play and create great headaches for China through Tibetans and Uighurs. India, naturally, will be suspect in Chinese eyes!

The US will not overtly do anything since that may not appear Kosher! CIA is a past master to engineer regime changes, more so, the Communist ones!

amoy

It's like a boomerang. India has to take it as a tit-for-tat move for their duplicity over Tibet and Lama

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's like a boomerang. India has to take it as a tit-for-tat move for their duplicity over Tibet and Lama
Duplicity? India under Nehru went out of the way to accommodate Chinese brutality in Tibet. There is but a toothless tibetan govt in exile in India nothing else. If India really gets to mischief China will reduce in size by half as you have two of your largest provinces ruled under brutal suppression.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That is what worries China.

The other issue is that if China get too belligerent and it becomes essential for the US to confront China, there is the chance that CIA may come into play and create great headaches for China through Tibetans and Uighurs. India, naturally, will be suspect in Chinese eyes!

The US will not overtly do anything since that may not appear Kosher! CIA is a past master to engineer regime changes, more so, the Communist ones!
Oh I think the US would be hoping for India to take a tough stand on Tibet so that it can pin down China. I think Obama has realized after his earlier flirting with China that China does not want to share world dominance with the US but do it on its own. They have crossed paths quite frequently since.

CIA would salivate at the thought of mounting covert ops in Tibet and Xinjiang.

mayfair

Read up on history written by who, by India or by Sikkim, or by China?
Only history written by India denies your outrageous invasion to Sikkiom and your illegal annexation of Sikkim.

You should read up on history!

So people in other northeastern states you mentioned above are not happy with India, then why not India let them go, let them gain independences they are fighting for?
First you let go of people in Turkestan and Tibet and Inner Mongolia before preaching others.

please feel free to reply to this and earn your 5 Maos

nimo_cn

Country flag
First you let go of people in Turkestan and Tibet and Inner Mongolia before preaching others.
I think it is Indian who always like preaching others.

Indians preach Chinese on government administration, while Indian government is more corrupt than Chinese one.
Indians preach Chinese on giving good life to its citizens, while many Indian people are still starving.
Indians preach Chinese on education, while none of Indian colleges made top 100, China has 6 universities in the top 100.
Indians preach Chinese on human right, while Indian army treats people in Kashmir so brutally.
Indians preach Chinese on peace, while Indians have fought no less wars than China.
Indians preach Chinese on non-proliferation, while India even refuses to sign NPT.

When we say no to these ridiculous preachings, and try to remind you of your own problems, you accuse us of preaching. You must forget it is you who start all these sh!t in the first place.

please feel free to reply to this and earn your 5 Maos
You can keep on fooling yourself by convincing yourself that Chinese netizens are here because we are hired by CCP. But fact is, all of us come here voluntarily.

5 maos a post, how hilarious!
Do you mind caculating how much money i have earned by posting 580 posts including this one till today?
Well, maybe you are mathematically retarded, let me help you with this one.
580*0.5=290RMB.
Do you know what you can do in China with that amount of money?

See the date of my registeration? It was in August 2009, which means i have been here for more than a year. So i stay in this Indian forum for more than a year, quarrelling with asses like you everyday, for fu**king 290 RMB?

How dumb are you to believe this 5 maos crap?
Do you forget to take your brain with you today, or do you always think with your feet instead of your brain?

Last edited:

mayfair

Indians preach Chinese on government administration, while Indian government is more corrupt than Chinese one.
Indians preach Chinese on giving good life to its citizens, while many Indian people are still starving.
Indians preach Chinese on education, while none of Indian colleges made top 100, China has 6 universities in the top 100.
Indians preach Chinese on human right, while Indian army treats people in Kashmir so brutally.
Indians preach Chinese on peace, while Indians have fought no less wars than China.
Indians preach Chinese on non-proliferation, while India even refuses to sign NPT.

When we say no to these ridiculous preachings, and try to remind you of your own problems, you accuse us of preaching. You must forget it is you who start all these sh!t in the first place.

You can keep on fooling yourself by convincing yourself that Chinese netizens are here because we are hired by CCP. But fact is, all of us come here voluntarily.

Do you mind caculating how much money i have earned by posting 580 posts including this one till today?
580*0.5=290RMB.

See the date of my registeration? It was in August 2009, which means i have been here for more than a year. So i stay in this Indian forum for more than a year, quarrelling with asses like you everyday, for fu**king 290 RMB?

Do you forget to take your brain with you today, or do you always think with your feet instead of your brain?
Looks like I touched a raw nerve... hurting much?

Debating with you is like indulging in a battle of wits with a witless. It's evident that you cannot indulge in a civilised debate without resorting to petty insults and hyperventilating- perhaps CCP needs to hire better tutors. Enjoy your 290 RMB, may many more Maos embellish your savings..

SixSigma1978

580*0.5=290RMB.

Don't be silly!!
You can use that SAME Logic with the Japanese, the Tiawanese, South East Asians - anyone whom China as some territorial dispute or the other with.
OF COURSE we'll preach - China is talking about MESSING with the sovereignty of a nation.
It will make ANY self respecting country's blood boil!!

Why DOES China have a beef with ALL its neighbours is beyond me !! Despite being such a large country - they STILL want more!! Its unbelievable!!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Looks like I touched a raw nerve... hurting much?

Debating with you is like indulging in a battle of wits with a witless. It's evident that you cannot indulge in a civilised debate without resorting to petty insults and hyperventilating- perhaps CCP needs to hire better tutors. Enjoy your 290 RMB, may many more Maos embellish your savings..
Instead of tagging people as fifty cents party and trolling, what else can you do?

Yes, i feel offended when people call me fifty cents party, escpecically by DFI amateurs like you. I have contributed to this forum more than you do, why should i endure such baseless insult from an Indian who is acting like a 12 years old kid?

What is civilised debate? Labeling people can also be called civlised debate? Is that what you have been taught in school? Well, I am getting to know the reason why India fails to have the best universities in the world though boasting about its freedom all the time.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Don't be silly!!
You can use that SAME Logic with the Japanese, the Tiawanese, South East Asians - anyone whom China as some territorial dispute or the other with.
OF COURSE we'll preach - China is talking about MESSING with the sovereignty of a nation.
It will make ANY self respecting country's blood boil!!

Why DOES China have a beef with ALL its neighbours is beyond me !! Despite being such a large country - they STILL want more!! Its unbelievable!!
How about India? How many times do we have to remind you of India's territory disputes with all of your neighbors?

pmaitra

How about India? How many times do we have to remind you of India's territory disputes with all of your neighbors?
All of our neighbours? We only have dispute with Pakistan. We have no dispute with Tibet, East Turkestan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar or Afghanistan. China doesn't count, because in Aksai Chin, Shaksgam Valley and Arunachal Pradesh, India does not have any border with China, but with Tibet and East Turkestan, and we've never had any dispute with the Exiled Government of Tibet or activists/freedom fighters from East Turkestan. We just have to get the Han Chinese out of Tibet and East Turkestan, pack them back to wherever they came from to occupy Tibet and East Turkestan and all problems will be solved.

Last edited:

mayfair

Instead of tagging people as fifty cents party and trolling, what else can you do?

Yes, i feel offended when people call me fifty cents party, escpecically by DFI amateurs like you. I have contributed to this forum more than you do, why should i endure such baseless insult from an Indian who is acting like a 12 years old kid?

What is civilised debate? Labeling people can also be called civlised debate? Is that what you have been taught in school? Well, I am getting to know the reason why India fails to have the best universities in the world though boasting about its freedom all the time.
I have been taught in school and not so world class universities that there's more to education than "Long Live Chairman Mao" and "Down with fascists/imperialists" (perhaps it would have been different if was a student at JNU). Besides, I have learnt that

- I can clearly speak my mind
- I can use google without fear
- I can criticise my government and politicians and officials
- I should ignore wankers

Hence, I try my best to ignore the tripe that comes out of your mouth, alas like a proverbial moth to the flame, I find it difficult not to indulge in a chance to put down wums who spoil it for everyone..may the good lord bless me in my endeavours...

anoop_mig25

Country flag
does this apply for pok as well or it is that only indian part is disputed while pak isn`t

SixSigma1978

Excuse me!! WE Didn't invade any of our neighbours!!
WE Are not claiming any Chinese territory.
We didnt attack you in 1962!!!
Dont conjure up fantasies to justify your aggressive position!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why do i need to visit Sikkim? Even if the people in Sikkim are not revolting now, even if there is no Sikkimise government in exile now, it doesnt justify your illegal annexation of Sikkim in the past. The legitimacy of Indian's sovereignty over Sikkim is still controversial.

No violence? Indian army forced the king of Sikkim to sign unfair treaty with India, just like the evil British Empire did to China, and you call that non-violence?

How about Indians lecturing us on Chinese history? Is it funny?
I am not lecturing you on freedom and democracy, and i will never do that, apparently Indians know more about freedom than me. Plus, the democracy of India is too perfect to be challenged. But your sovereignity over Sikkim can not be recoginsed by every one as your democracy is.
First of all, you don't have to come to Sikkim. In fact, should you come, you will be ever so disappointed that your ideas about Sikkim, as taught by your history books, is totally concocted as is so many issues of history connected with China.

The legitimacy of Sikkim is controversial to the Chinese alone. And that is no surprise. It indeed puts the Chinese hegemonic imperialist aspiration to a grinding halt!

There was no violence when Sikkim became a part of India. In fact, there was agitation by the Sikkimese against the Chogyal. For those who can recall, the CIA had planted a nubile American girl, Hope Cooke, who enticed the Chogyal and became the Gyalmo by marrying the Chogyal. The aim was simple – to have a US 'outpost' that could listen on to China and, if necessary, to rework the Khampa rebellion against the Chinese in Tibet – the same rebellion which fizzled out because Nehru did not want India to be used as a base for such activities. The CCP was well aware of the reasons. However, it suits the CCP now to perk up with dyspepsia, since she has consolidated her grip in Tibet, but is worried that with India cosying up with the US, Sikkim could once again be used by the US as a launch pad to 'excite' the Tibetans of the freedom that democracy alone can bestow on the people.

Indians don't lecture on Chinese history. It is too well documented for even a layman to realise that though China is today a Communist country, it is steeped in the Imperial expansion mindset. China is too cunning and sly whereby, using the Chinese Machiavellian gambits and pious double talk, lull others into complacency and then strike to chart out its imperialistic ways.

Our democracy in Sikkim may not be acceptable to you, but it is fine with the rest of the world. In comparison, please mull over the status of Tibet and the world's wrath at the way they are being trampled underfoot. Tibet has rebellion, but Sikkim is one of the progressive and peaceful states of India!!

Added Later

It may be of interest to you to know that once the Chogyal became a figurehead and Sikkim was a part of India, good old Hope Cooke abandoned the Chogyal and returned to the US. So, much for her gushing love for the Chogyal!!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed, you must remind us that India has territorial disputes with all its neighbours.

It will provide us with some comic relief. Chinese history books must be as funny and make belief as, let us say, Tom and Jerry cartoons!

Pakistan is not 'all our neighbours'. It is just one of our neighbours. They have a dispute with us. We have none.

We have no territorial disputes with Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives and any other neighbour missed out that the Chinese history books or the CCP has told you about?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles