New Chinese visa policy irks India

BLACK_COBRA

Celebrating its 60th anniversary on Thursday, China shocked India with its new visa policy for Kashmiris. China has begun issuing separate visas to people from Jammu and Kashmir rather than treating them as any other Indian.

The Chinese move has upset New Delhi and its new visa policy has sent shock waves across the country under which Kashmiri students were being given separate visas.

The Chinese embassy has been issuing visas on separate sheets of paper stapled to the passport. Visas for all other Indians are stamped inside the passport.

MEA sources told Headlines Today that the government has asked China to follow a uniform policy for all India and issuing visas on separate sheets was not acceptable.

Indian immigration officials are now stopping Kashmiris from leaving the country if they have loose visa sheets. The problem with loose visa sheets is that there is no record of the person leaving the country, MEA sources said.

For some time now, China has been issuing separate visas to Arunachalis and in some cases has even rejected application of people from Arunachal Pradesh claiming that it was disputed area.:thumbs_thmbdn:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/64388/Top Stories/New+Chinese+visa+policy+irks+India.html#

Mohan

Respected Member
Why not have a tit for tat. Tell them the visas to people from tibet,xinjiang will be done in the same way.

Vladimir79

Professional
Keep pushing China... India will only sit on their hands for so long.

bhramos

Country flag
this is totally sick man ,
they are just itching for war,
their is a proverb in china about china"THERE IS ONLY ONE SUN IN ASIA, THAT IS CHINA this means their is only one Superpower in Asia, thats china, they cant see any other Superpower emerging around it or in Asia.

bhramos

Country flag
Why not have a tit for tat. Tell them the visas to people from tibet,xinjiang will be done in the same way.
hi mohan their is no visa for people of Tibet in India i think?

BLACK_COBRA

In my Opinion Our Tibet Policy(Tibetian refugees) may be anoying China???

:evil:

sky

Don't go to china then? Indian money is accepted all over the world,why go there then.

Goodperson

Oops I opened another thread, request mods to merge.

India can definitely change its official position by not recognizng Tibet as part of China.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In response to this, India should recognize and maintain official relations with Taiwan, maybe sign trade agreements.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Already deleted that thread Good boy.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Good. Govt. of India needed that final kick from China to realize the true face of China. Time for GoI to pay China in the same coin. People from tibet/xinjiang should also be given separate visas.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Everyone is saying the same thing here and thats the only thing so say as well on this thread. So people if you have something else to say, then do so. Otherwise dont waste your time saying what others have already said and come up with one liners.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Not much can be achieved in playing the Xinjiang card. It will only aggravate the situation in AP further. Rather, hit it where it hurts, and which is more practical. Establish formal relations with Republic of China (Taiwan), start a consulate in Taipei, strengthen trade and military relations further.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Chines must be living in fools world in they think that we are soft state which they can mess with, they have forgotten that those nukes are for china and pakistan individually or jointly.

GOI though appears to be groups of nurds and they have been all along following diplomacy, rather then strong action on ground, but those fools in PRC think it is our weakness.

We need to counter China instead of having fear PLA commies.

We need to promote Tiwan, Tibet and all the coutries, who oppose and fear China.

I personally wont mind giving some of these countires, our Prathvi missile system and other sytems and in case of war, we need to share intell and satellite images with them.

China at present is playing games with India and they will countinue to do the same in future and will not loose any chance to humiliate India in future.

We need to re think our plan strategy with respect to China. We need to properly trap China in its own game plan.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
finishing touch of a kick to wake them out of their own-devised dream

Good. Govt. of India needed that final kick from China to realize the true face of China. .
i've only partially quoted my collegue DD above.

While the monkey tricks china is playing in its attempt to divide india is irritating , it is not at this stage alarming howeve i whole heartedly agree with DD that many of the so-called netas (?) need that finishing touch of a kick to wake them out of thier own-devised dream that china is a friend , but the "show" and diplomacy MUST go on , simply because that's the way it's done.

meanwhile the MEA had excluded china from participation in the indian ocean forum, so we can be sure the guys in that area know the facts pretty well.

to me the answer is to develop a strong nuclear missile deterrent - russia has done so and china simply doest play games with them

it s simple enough in concept and india deos have the resources including the money to do somethig similar to the russian military but it is a matter of focus and determination to get it done.

this latest kick from shina might just be what is needed to help GOI do exactly that .

Quickgun Murugan

Somebody has to be the bigger man between china and India, and i feel that has to be India.

We must take positive steps which actually makes china happy and then expect reciprocal actions from them. India has long payed the price of taking the scorn from China at the expense of Tibetian refugees and Dalai Lama.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Somebody has to be the bigger man between china and India, and i feel that has to be India.

We must take positive steps which actually makes china happy and then expect reciprocal actions from them. India has long payed the price of taking the scorn from China at the expense of Tibetian refugees and Dalai Lama.

I couldn't disagree more. This "being a bigger man" fails to work in the cruel, cold world of Machiavellian politics. If there is one thing we have learnt, it is that China will press its advantage.

We need be NO APOLOGISTS for the 'taking in' of the Dalai Lama and his Tibetan refugees. As for 'reciprocal actions", it would be fatuous to expect them without sufficient material cause or purpose for political expediency, and only upon the vacuous notion of some preceding "positive steps". Were we to expel the Dalai Lama, it would preclude all possibility of us revoking our stance on the Tibet issue [which in fact was borne out of China's acquiescence to our stance on Sikkim and later on Arunaachal Pradesh] and which to date remains a 'key resource'.

Ofcourse, the Dalai Lama is obligated to obey our rules in exchange for our hospitality, which at present include non-interference in political affairs as we remain on peaceful, economically salubrious terms with China.

Global Defence

Articles