New Censor board chief don't want you to know about sex

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by fyodor, Jan 28, 2015.

1. fyodor

fyodor Regular Member

The newly appointed Chairman of Censor Board of Film Certificate (CBFC) Pahlaj Nihalani, in an interview to ‘The Hindu’, talks about the changes he is going to bring in terms of Bollywood films and their censorship.

Asked about the plans for controlling the explosion of content on the internet, Nihalani told that he is calling for an umbrella policy to censor material on all platforms.

“I'm talking about the material that is uploaded. For instance, take Sunny Leone. We accepted her as an artist. And with her popularity, everybody, from school kids to grown ups, have watched her sites (adult films). People are paying money to watch her. How can there be tolerance for all this? What will the new generation learn? On television, they watch content without any censor. Many live programs come without censor, especial the comedy and fashion shows. So much vulgarity they show on TV. On many live shows you can see short skirts and lingerie. How can you tolerate all this? What is the meaning of censorship then?
    So, I am calling for an umbrella policy to censor material on all platforms. A uniform policy. Be liberal here and restrict elsewhere, doesn't work. I'm not against anyone. But the form should be the same for everyone. Or else people manipulate things,” the Chairman said.

"I don't mind being called conservative if I have to serve the nation. You have to take care of the new generation, on whom the future of the country depends. So how can we allow ourselves to give them wrong education? The censor board is very liberal. But what is the modern generation watching? We are giving them the license to see anything. How is this projecting our culture? There are free channels for all this. But this is cinema. Everything is free online and as you can see the youth is misusing it. Even for the online platform, I feel there should be rules and without censorship material should not be uploaded.

I will give the right kind of content. I will monitor the sensitive things that might harm the society. Today there is a lot of focus on "double-meaning" dialogues, gaaliyan (abuses) and other offensive material are freely used," he explained.

School kids as well as grown ups are accessing Sunny Leone's site: Censor Board chairman Pahlaj Nihalani

So now we Indians are going to have Saudi arabia's counterpart of Ministry of Promotion of virtue and prevention of Vice? Note that this guy was popular for making raunchy and double meaning songs in the 90's and now he wants to decide what is appropriate? This is one of the downsides of voting BJP....we get economic freedom but we have to loose cultural freedom to guys wrapped inside victorian mentality.

@Bangalorean @Energon

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. fyodor

fyodor Regular Member

Some of the gems of the current CB chief:

The song features an erect Anil Kapoor proclaiming his availability to Juhi Chawla. Also contains multiple crotch zoom-ins for subliminal effect.
    1) Khada hai

2)“Hum dono kambal main, baahar madhumakkhi ka darr”

3)Main Maal Gaadi Tu Dhakka Laga

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  4. Poseidon

Poseidon Regular Member

The new censor board chief is a well known sanghi idiot.

5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Fcuking idiot. When will the right-wing movement in India be free of such extreme retards? We want a socially liberal and economically right-wing dispensation. Assholes like this really give a bad name to the entire RW in India.

6. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Always a tussle between religious nutcases and economic liberals in RW bodies all around the world!

7. Spindrift

Spindrift Regular Member

8. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

One one hand people are trying to bring sex education to schools and then there's this guy !!