New axis of China-Pak emerging, India needs to be prepared, says BJP

huaxia rox

New axis of China-Pak emerging, India needs to be prepared, says BJP - Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Warning that a "new axis" of China and Pakistan had emerged in the last few years, the Opposition pressed the government to step up defence preparedness to match the changing geo-strategic realities.

Participating in a debate in the Rajya Sabha on the functioning of the Defence Ministry, Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley said the government should work for self-reliance in the defence production sector.

A new axis has emerged between China and Pakistan in the last few years which was evident from China's altered stand on Jammu & Kashmir and its involvement in building at least two nuclear reactors for Pakistan, the former Union Minister said.

"This is the geo-strategic reality as far as India is concerned and the situation in the last one decade in this regard has substantially changed. We must recognise this reality, and our defence preparedness, therefore, has to match this reality," he said.

"...in terms of these changing geo-strategic realities, our defence strategy has to be planned, particularly when you find Chinese troops present in PoK and in other areas, the kind of military cooperation between the two countries which is going on, the kind of road building across our border which is going on," Jaitley added.

Even though he discounted the possibility of " full-spectrum war", he said India's defence strategy should be prepared keeping in mind "how to defeat Pakistan, how to hold China".

Questioning whether India has the defence preparedness to do so, he said, "There was a time when we considered our defence superiority over Pakistan to be 3.5 against 1. Today it has narrowed down to 1.5 against 1."

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wow, finally the leader of the opposition in RS realized we have a situation on hand.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Actually Arun Jaitely wants to say vote for BJP this time and not Congress :D

And it's obvious after Tatra truck deal,Gen VK Singh dispute, lack of weapons, 2G scam, FDI, Lokpal, etc. etc.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Atleast some one spoke this out loud. Why on earth dont we train Tibetans to start evangalism pro democratic movement inside China? What can they ever do to us that they have not done before?

Train Naxals? Done already.

Support Pakistan? Done already.

Aid our enemies? Done already.

Threaten Us? Done already.

What is left in their arsenal? Just send in the moles already.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Atleast some one spoke this out loud. Why on earth dont we train Tibetans to start evangalism pro democratic movement inside China? What can they ever do to us that they have not done before?

What is left in their arsenal? Just send in the moles already.
Supported ULFA et al ? Done already.

Proliferated nuclear technology ? Done already.

Pumping weapons on whole sale to Pakistan on war scale ? Done already.

Making inroads into POK ? Done already.

Let us call it axis of evil. One land encroacher Communist + Another border infiltrator fanatic.

no smoking

Country flag
Well, you has been doing that since that old lama got into your land. Hell, you even have a tibetan force in your army.

huaxia rox

u ve already tritrained some tibetan losers and they failed to conduct any missions.

like the myth of nehru asking the US to grant china a seat in SC to be a p5 country? or indian troops fought really well after 1962 in some skirmishs with prc???if u say yes then what else can i say?

we have healthy relation with many muslim countries and whats the problem here??u hate someone so prc has to hate someone as well?

so why u made so many enemies??and why should prc care who ur enemy is?

threaten u? in what way???

actually i ll suggest my indian friends to put BJP in power in the next election.....last time when they were there they made pakistan to demonstrate that its also a nuclear weapon country which took indians by surprise.....last time when they were there indians took no actual actions to counter pakistan after accusing pakistan of sending people to attack indian parlament although BJP had said it would take actions to attack pakistani soil.......

so what will happen next time? a lot of fun to see i assume....

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Supported ULFA et al ? Done already.

Proliferated nuclear technology ? Done already.

Pumping weapons on whole sale to Pakistan on war scale ? Done already.

Making inroads into POK ? Done already.

Let us call it axis of evil. One land encroacher Communist + Another border infiltrator fanatic.
absolutely true !!

Pakistan is a terrorist state, and forming an axis with a terrorist state may bring serious criticism to expansionist China, which is really bad for China alone.If China is an Aircraft carrier then Pakistan is a sinking vessel with increasing junks, not going too far together , leave Pak or China will go down with it :nono:

...actually i ll suggest my indian friends to put BJP in power in the next election.....last time when they were there they made pakistan to demonstrate that its also a nuclear weapon country which took indians by surprise.....last time when they were there indians took no actual actions to counter pakistan after accusing pakistan of sending people to attack indian parlament although BJP had said it would take actions to attack pakistani soil.......

so what will happen next time? a lot of fun to see i assume....
I am answering the part which is making some sense, Pakistan never had nuclear technology, it has received it as a do-it-yourself-kit with love from your country and the part it did not receive, stolen that, Pakistani nuclear scientist's accounts tell of Chinese proliferation

BJP was never in an absolute majority, it was NDA and not BJP alone, so whatever you said is just a complete junk like Chinese products, thats all.

So far as the nuclear tests by BJP are concerned, only a Chinese or a Pakistani can tell you how much burn it has caused.:sad:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well, you has been doing that since that old lama got into your land. Hell, you even have a tibetan force in your army.
Prove that India trained Tibetains to fight with guns against China? Prove it or keep quite.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
u ve already tritrained some tibetan losers and they failed to conduct any missions.
Lie, prove that Indian government trained them against China.

like the myth of nehru asking the US to grant china a seat in SC to be a p5 country? or indian troops fought really well after 1962 in some skirmishs with prc???if u say yes then what else can i say?
Maoists in India where trained by Chinese maoists.

we have healthy relation with many muslim countries and whats the problem here??u hate someone so prc has to hate someone as well?
Right so you give missiles and technology to aid against India then we should give over look that. We are not equals in Evil, your country is a bully.

so why u made so many enemies??and why should prc care who ur enemy is?
Everyone from US to NATO, East asia are our friends except Porkistan and Communist party.

threaten u? in what way???
All of the above...Dont play dumb.

actually i ll suggest my indian friends to put BJP in power in the next election.....last time when they were there they made pakistan to demonstrate that its also a nuclear weapon country which took indians by surprise.....last time when they were there indians took no actual actions to counter pakistan after accusing pakistan of sending people to attack indian parlament although BJP had said it would take actions to attack pakistani soil.......

so what will happen next time? a lot of fun to see i assume
India already knew Pakistan had nukes and china aided it with Missile technology. Your CCP will come down one day and everyone will be there to piss on you.

parijataka

Country flag
BJP has some good ideas but probably destined to remain `largest opposition party` while likes of Didi, Mullayam, Lallu and MuKa clan make merry along with `secular` forces.

huaxia rox

Prove that India trained Tibetains to fight with guns against China? Prove it or keep quite.
u may start by checking whats SFF to begin with......as u know i wont mind giving u the rite direction to go but dont have too much time on telling u why 1+1=2

So far as the nuclear tests by BJP are concerned, only a Chinese or a Pakistani can tell you how much burn it has caused.:sad:
well the 1st nuclear test indians did was in 1974 or so and prc did it in 1964....so u think who needs to be bothed? i think none of us. reasons r:

1 indians knew clearly that prc tested and then kept developing its nukes only to counter the US or the west (in 1964 soviet union wasnt our enemy yet and the current russia isnt as well) and prc has nfu policy....

2 chinese on the other hand have known these: india also has nfu policy.....in kagil war....and after..... events like indian parlament got attacked....or like 2008 mumbay attack.....in which indians claimed pakistan was involved but didnt do anything other than conventional war (in kargil) and ranting (parlament and mumbay attack)......so we dont think indians would use nukes to 1st attack anyone........

3 for pakistan part.....prc helped them develope some nuke techs and gave them some materials......but all supossedly for civil use.....and their scientists r mainly trained by the west who played the key role in their nuke buildups.......and pakistan wont use nukes to fighte anyone unless they r invaded........thats their national policy.....and i dont think countries like prc would ever invade pakistan..........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles