Nepal grabs Bihar land

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Now, I'm just waiting for Burma to claim NE and Maldives to claim Lakshadweep...

At the rate of how soft and pathetic this government is becoming, both are quite possible in the next couple decades.

pmaitra

Nepal has been a friend all along, we have an open border with them. We have the Gorkhas serving in our Armed Forces. They have done much for India. They certainly do not need this tone of abuse. It's the fault of the GoI to not control some junkie's from Nepal. Please channel your energy in the right direction.

We also don't want to profile all Nepalis because of a loser Prachanda!

Eh! After some years, you would say the same about North East?
Oracle bhai, I would reserve my praise and admiration only for those Gurkhas who joined the Indian Army post 1947. Those that joined earlier were simply servants of the British Empire. While it would be wrong to call all of them 'traitors', it would be equally wrong to call all of them 'patriots'.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Stupid statement even as sarcasm, even more since you are some kind of administrator over here..........
Does being an administrator enjoin me to make only "please all" statements ? Am I not allowed to express myself ?

No wonder why Aussies don't respect Indians and use almost similar statements used by you down this thread.
Is that a smart statement ? You just called 20million Australians Indophobic xenophobic racists.
And how does me making a sarcastic statement make Australians lose respect for Indians, if they indeed have ? Please don't put me on a pedestal.

People who don't respect their own fellow countrymen but cry foul when some of them gets abused, manhandled, slapped, punched, stabbed and burned.
So Cliche. Let me indulge you, for eg. : I don't respect my fellow countrymen who indulge in female foeticide.

--
perhaps those nepali gorkhas would be more than willing to accommodate dirty and cheap Biharis . perhaps you should also lead party similar to MNS and Shiv sainiks. :thumb: you will find many like minded people there .

Let me explain the sarcasm...

I wouldn't mind losing Bihar... implies Bihar is a problematic state
... to Nepal ... implies like Nepal, Bihar is stereotyped as a labour provider only.

Now would you disagree with either of the statement ?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Does being an administrator enjoin me to make only "please all" statements ? Am I not allowed to express myself ?
I am not here to decide or to even express what an Administration 'should have' or 'can'. As far as i know forum condemns racism and other discriminations including 'REGIONALISM' in same breath.

Is that a smart statement ? You just called 20million Australians Indophobic xenophobic racists.
And how does me making a sarcastic statement make Australians lose respect for Indians, if they indeed have ? Please don't put me on a pedestal.
Yes i did, but not whole 20 million bunch, otherwise i would have used word Australians.

Don't tell me you think Aussies are that blind deaf that they can't see sheer hypocrisy of Shiv Sena and like( fill the blanks) who speak viciously against Bihari in Maharashtra and other parts(fill the blanks) but other day yells "Australia hay hay" when Indians are abused and etc in Australia. People who can't respect their fellow citizens in what they call their own sate or city are actually crying for rights in whole different country. Hypocrites don't get respect in fact they are laughed at.

So Cliche. Let me indulge you, for eg. : I don't respect my fellow countrymen who indulge in female foeticide.
And I don't respect my fellow countrymen who are indulge in vicious regionalism, which by far is greatest threat to national integrity.

Bihar is stereotyped as a labour provider only.
And this cheap labor insures that country gets roads, flyovers, hospitals and bridges despite 50% corruption tax on any sanctioned budget.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Let me explain the sarcasm...

I wouldn't mind losing Bihar... implies Bihar is a problematic state
... to Nepal ... implies like Nepal, Bihar is stereotyped as a labour provider only.

Now would you disagree with either of the statement ?
yeah and its better for whole country that Bihar remains a bimaroo state and it should be full of poor illiterates and filthy people otherwise where will whole India will not be able to get cheap labour . It has become a fashion to scold Bihar and Biharis but at the same time people forget that contribution to whole country by Bihari labour. If there is no Bihari labour then Punjab will not lead country in agriculture or Gujrat factories will not be able to produce the goods. Truth is just opposite to what many here think. Bihar is not the curse for nation but Bihar is blessing.

ganesh177

Country flag
Sorry no offence to anyone , but these stupid bihari youth keep flocking towards mumbai, bangalore leaving behind there native villages empty or at the mercy of women and kids. Whose duty is it to keep the village and gram panchayat intact ?
Its not that professional nepali army marched and grabbed the land, it is general public of nepal who took hold of these lands as there is no care taker for it coz the youth is flocking in train after train to rest of india. I know some of these people who dont visit there places for years.

Anyways, now that this has happened whose duty is this to drive the nepali scums away and revoke the land back ? Looking at that police in the interview it does not appear to me that he can even revoke one inch of land back.

pmaitra

I have lived in Bihar for 2 years. I have extremely good memories of Bihar. I understand things went drastically bad that the Biharis had to emigrate to other places for livelihood inviting fallout like those we have seen in Maharashtra. Bihar is improving now under Nitish. I like that gentleman. He has shown enough calibre to run the state without getting into corruption.

Maharashtra in general and Mumbai in particular has seen spates of vicious regionalism from a section of the population. Some like to openly flaunt their disgust for Hindi and Hindi speakers, brag about how much Mumbai contributes towards tax revenue yet refuse to acknowledge that much of the revenue generation can be attributed to the Hindi Film Industry.

Nepal exists today because of their loyalty to the British Empire. Otherwise, it would have been a vassal to the British Crown or an outright colony like an agency or presidency. Gurkhas are brave - true. Gurkhas are patriotic - gross generalisation. Bravery is not the sole forté of Gurkhas and the Silda massacre should be a reality check for all. Be it the Pathan tribesmen, the Sikh and Rajput warriors or the Tamil Tigers, all are brave. Of course we should acknowledge bravery. However, when it comes to India, Nepal's recent bonhomie with PRC does not exude admiration for the Nepalis. Of course, this should not imply that all Nepalis are anti-India. When I visited Nepal, I simply loved the country, the people and their culture. Apparently these things don't flow from the barrel of the gun. It is regretful that Nepal today has become exceedingly hostile towards India and Indians.

Regionalism will not be eradicated altogether anytime soon. However, when it comes to Indian States, we need to stick together. We only have two choices:
  • be merciful to each other,
  • be treated mercilessly by invaders.

Together we can defend ourselves - and if you did not catch my drift, I am hypothesising a possible invasion of India by Pakistan and Nepal with the blessings of PRC.

SHASH2K2

Sorry no offence to anyone , but these stupid bihari youth keep flocking towards mumbai, bangalore leaving behind there native villages empty or at the mercy of women and kids. Whose duty is it to keep the village and gram panchayat intact ?
Its not that professional nepali army marched and grabbed the land, it is general public of nepal who took hold of these lands as there is no care taker for it coz the youth is flocking in train after train to rest of india. I know some of these people who dont visit there places for years.

Anyways, now that this has happened whose duty is this to drive the nepali scums away and revoke the land back ? Looking at that police in the interview it does not appear to me that he can even revoke one inch of land back.
I would like to ask you a very stupid question. You seems to be very knowledgeable person and Please dont take is offensively . Whose duty is it to protect the international borders ? Is it state police or Border security forces? And also an additional question about whom to central forces report to ? Is it the Government that rule stupid people of Bihar or government That rule Stupid Indians?

pmaitra

I would like to ask you a very stupid question. You seems to be very knowledgeable person and Please dont take is offensively . Whose duty is it to protect the international borders ? Is it state police or Border security forces? And also an additional question about whom to central forces report to ? Is it the Government that rule stupid people of Bihar or government That rule Stupid Indians?
Shash2K2 Bhai,

I'm sure you know this, but I will say it anyway.

Our borders are porous. We lack manpower. There is frequent border crossing between Nepal and India. I have seen it with my own eyes at Raxaul-Birganj crossing. I took that route on my way from Patna to Kathamandu on road. Many Indians travels to Nepal for pilgrimage and vice-versa. People marry across the border and buy properties. Ganesh made a valid point. Local panchayats are definitely a part of the problem. This is not very different from the local panchayats in WB or Assam doling out ration cards to illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.

What is a possible and pragmatic solution? We cannot forget the human factor. I don't think Nepal Army will dare invade Indian territory. It would be cakewalk for us to thrash them and kick them back. We cannot do this with civilians.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
but these stupid bihari youth keep flocking towards mumbai, bangalore leaving behind there native villages empty or at the mercy of women and kids.
Let me get is straight. You are saying anybody who is qualified enough to get a job somewhere other that his/her native state and selects to work there is STUPID?

Whose duty is it to keep the village and gram panchayat intact ?

This is very interesting. Since when international border disputes became state police and state population matter? Last i remember there were agencies and ministries like BSF, ITBP, FM and POM responsible for keeping Indian borders safe and secured.

SHASH2K2

Shash2K2 Bhai,

I'm sure you know this, but I will say it anyway.

Our borders are porous. We lack manpower. There is frequent border crossing between Nepal and India. I have seen it with my own eyes at Raxaul-Birganj crossing. I took that route on my way from Patna to Kathamandu on road. Many Indians travels to Nepal for pilgrimage and vice-versa. People marry across the border and buy properties. Ganesh made a valid point. Local panchayats are definitely a part of the problem. This is not very different from the local panchayats in WB or Assam doling out ration cards to illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.

What is a possible and pragmatic solution? We cannot forget the human factor. I don't think Nepal Army will dare invade Indian territory. It would be cakewalk for us to thrash them and kick them back. We cannot do this with civilians.
I agree with your point that Civilians are part of the solutions but as per reverend MR Ganesh Stupid people there are responsible for this . If he said something like involving people to solve it I would have never reacted in that manner. What I feel really sad is that bashing bioharis has become a fashion here in almost whole country. Its the most famous state in whole country. cow is not giving milk curse biharis,there is no rain curse biharis , there is no power curse biharis , traffic is bad curse biharis . In short something goes wrong beat the shit out of a bihari and everything will be ok .

pmaitra

Let me get is straight. You are saying anybody who is qualified enough to get a job somewhere other that his/her native state and selects to work there is STUPID?

This is very interesting. Since when international border disputes became state police and state population matter? Last i remember there were agencies and ministries like BSF, ITBP, FM and POM responsible for keeping Indian borders safe and secured.

Rahul, there are stupid and intelligent people in every state. When intelligent people move to a new city or state, the locals do not feel threatened. They feel threatened when the uneducated or stupid people move. We too feel threatened when uneducated Bangladeshis enter India. I am sure nobody felt threatened when Dr. Yunus of Grameen Bank from Bangladesh was awarded honorary citizenship of India.

Think about it.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I agree with your point that Civilians are part of the solutions but as per reverend MR Ganesh Stupid people there are responsible for this . If he said something like involving people to solve it I would have never reacted in that manner. What I feel really sad is that bashing bioharis has become a fashion here in almost whole country. Its the most famous state in whole country. cow is not giving milk curse biharis,there is no rain curse biharis , there is no power curse biharis , traffic is bad curse biharis . In short something goes wrong beat the shit out of a bihari and everything will be ok .

I am with you on the Bihari bashing issue buddy!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
yeah and its better for whole country that Bihar remains a bimaroo state and it should be full of poor illiterates and filthy people otherwise where will whole India will not be able to get cheap labour .It has become a fashion to scold Bihar and Biharis but at the same time people forget that contribution to whole country by Bihari labour. If there is no Bihari labour then Punjab will not lead country in agriculture or Gujrat factories will not be able to produce the goods. Truth is just opposite to what many here think. Bihar is not the curse for nation but Bihar is blessing.
I agree, I will tell you of a personal anecdote. One of my employee wanted to leave because the supervisor used to chide him and call him Bihari-Bihari. He came to my Dad, my Dad said why are you so ashamed of being a Bihari ? you should be proud of being a Bihari, and told him if Biharis were to leave Delhi, the city would come to a standstill, look at what happens during Chath etc...
So people may curse and chide Biharis, but the fact is without Biharis India would stop functioning.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not here to decide or to even express what an Administration 'should have' or 'can'. As far as i know forum condemns racism and other discriminations including 'REGIONALISM' in same breath.
Forum also condemns people discriminating against people who discriminate against others.

Yes i did, but not whole 20 million bunch, otherwise i would have used word Australians.
Aussies is different from Australians. Sorry my bad.

Don't tell me you think Aussies are that blind deaf that they can't see sheer hypocrisy of Shiv Sena and like( fill the blanks) who speak viciously against Bihari in Maharashtra and other parts(fill the blanks) but other day yells "Australia hay hay" when Indians are abused and etc in Australia.
AFAIK Australians really don't care about internal Indian politics. The people who were accused of attacks against Indians were/are generally not well versed in domestic Indian affairs.

People who can't respect their fellow citizens in what they call their own sate or city are actually crying for rights in whole different country. Hypocrites don't get respect in fact they are laughed at.
People who don't respect others views, and seek to force their views cause the downfall of a nation.

And I don't respect my fellow countrymen who are indulge in vicious regionalism, which by far is greatest threat to national integrity.
I also don't respect my fellow countrymen who indulge in female foeticide, which is by far the biggest issue in the country.

And this cheap labor insures that country gets roads, flyovers, hospitals and bridges despite 50% corruption tax on any sanctioned budget.
And investments ensure India gets infrastructure despite a majority of population being poor.

PS: I can also type cliche statements. What are you trying to say ? Please don't be disingenuous. If you can't understand sarcasm/satire even after an explaination, it is not my fault. I am done here.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Rahul, there are stupid and intelligent people in every state. When intelligent people move to a new city or state, the locals do not feel threatened. They feel threatened when the uneducated or stupid people move. We too feel threatened when uneducated Bangladeshis enter India. I am sure nobody felt threatened when Dr. Yunus of Grameen Bank from Bangladesh was awarded honorary citizenship of India.

Think about it.
These uneducated and stupid people are your own country men who moves to make a living. Unlike infiltrators or aliens they no threat to national security. However i do accept that huge migration to bigger cities do increases crime but then the same inter-state migrants makes the city run, no? Point is Mumbai and Chennai will continue to attract all class of immigrants as long as they monopolize the urban life, solution is distributed development.

pmaitra

These uneducated and stupid people are your own country men who moves to make a living. Unlike infiltrators or aliens they no threat to national security. However i do accept that huge migration to bigger cities do increases crime but then the same inter-state migrants makes the city run, no? Point is Mumbai and Chennai will continue to attract all class of immigrants as long as they monopolize the urban life, solution is distributed development.
I am sorry Rahul. I do not agree that:
  • Infiltrators are necessarily a threat to national security. Prima facie, most immigrate to work and earn money, albeit illegally. They do not immigrate to carry out bomb blasts. I can agree that they are a potential threat.
  • I reserve the right to discriminate between educated and uneducated people, regardless of which state they hail from.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
So what is wrong with cheap labor? Manufacturing in China is cheap labor. IT & ITeS industry in India is cheap labor. Atleast they work and earn, unlike Bangladeshis who are involved in crimes inside India. India spending billions is what India can afford, not out of passion but due to geo-political needs. As someone wise said, there are no permanent friends, only strategic interests. And where do you get the idea that most Nepalis hate India? Who feeds this? I know too many Nepalis from Nepal to refute this over zealous remark.

I will quote you again, this time in red:

What was it? Praise in a cauldron?
Quoting text in red wont change the truth. My words were a little harsh but not false. It would not be wrong to call Nepal to be failed as a nation. It is misguided between aristocracy and democracy. Massive unemployement, not a single resource in bulk, entirely dependent on neighbors(especially India) for almost everything, weak administration, weak armed force but still daring to grab our land.

Listen Oracle, this country is our motherland and if someone will try to touch or snatch it from us then abuses are a very small thing, but I would like to burn that nation to ashes and will delete it from the world map(if possible).No matter whether Nepal`s agencies were involved in it or not. I cant speak the same about you who is favoring Nepal still after reading the report, god knows for what reason.

AND ONE MORE THING, I DONT CONSIDER DEMOCRACY AS THE BEST WAY OF ADMINISTRATION

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Forum also condemns people discriminating against people who discriminate against others.
Surely it does, but here matter is regionalism.

Aussies is different from Australians. Sorry my bad.
Aussie is a slang not Australian!

AFAIK Australians really don't care about internal Indian politics. The people who were accused of attacks against Indians were/are generally not well versed in domestic Indian affairs.
But they are not dumb to not know what goes in India. You expect them to respect you, when you can't respect your own, how funny?

People who don't respect others views, and seek to force their views cause the downfall of a nation.
Yes exactly, point proven.

And investments ensure India gets infrastructure despite a majority of population being poor.
And cheap labor ensures that these investments counts despite loosing a lot to corruption.

PS: I can also type cliche statements.
Oh 'cliche.......' I did not checked lately for new definition.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles