Nepal: Demand for Hindu nation rejected by majority (in assembly)

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2015-09-14/demand-for-hindu-nation-rejected-by-majority.html
Sep 14, 2015- The Constituent Assembly meeting has been adjourned for 2 pm.
Voting on the constitution bill will resume after 2 pm after CA Chairman Subash Chandra Nembang announced the meeting postponement.
So far, 20 articles have been endorsed by the meeting since it convened at 11 am this morning. Three articles were endorsed by the meeting on Sunday.
Demand for Hindu nation rejected by majority
The amendment proposal submitted by Rastriya Prajatantra Party Nepal’s to declare Nepal as a Hindu nation by scrapping secularism as mentioned in the revised draft has been rejected by a majority during the voting at Constituent Assembly today.
The amendment proposal was put to vote after the party Chairman Kamal Thapa refused to withdraw his proposal. CA Chairman put the proposal on vote and was rejected by a voice majority.
Two other lawmakers—Bhaskar Bhada and Kumar Khadka—had also registered amendment proposals for Hindu state.
Thapa also demanded for a split voting on his proposal but received the backing of only 21 lawmakers. The CA rules requires 61 members for a proposal to be put on split voting.
Cow retained as national animal
CA has retained cow as a national animal after majority turned down the demand of replacing cow by a rhino as a national animal.
CA members Chitra Bahadur KC, Shiva Lal Thapa, Yasoda Kumari Lama, among others, had registered an amendment proposal to replace cow by a rhino as a national animal.

FUCKKK first the congtards supported the marxists and now this :(
FUCK you BJP /RSS this is your loss too.

Indian Devil

It would not have been the case if an election (nepalis people) would have happened.. Also as there is no constitution in Nepal in present to endorse the statute or the powers of constituent assembly to declare the state as secular or not (I think, Please correct me if i am wrong), And majority of Nepalis including Muslims are in favor of Hindu nation, it should be their decision....
And about national animal, they should opt for Dinosaurs....
NB - Welcome Nepal.
yours... Adarsh liberal Indian

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
It would not have been the case if an election would have happened.. Also as there is no constitution in Nepal in present to endorse the statute or the powers of constituent assembly to declare the state as secular or not (I think, Please correct me if i am wrong)
Correct.

And majority of Nepalis including Muslims are in favor of Hindu nation, it should be their decision....
Nobody knows. Some muslims have come out in support of it, but that doesn't mean all are.

And about national animal, they should opt for Dinosaurs....
Good one.

Indian Devil

Nobody knows. Some muslims have come out in support of it, but that doesn't mean all are.
So what is your take on this?? cause if election is conducted (though it seems unlikely here), the favor would be toward Hindu nation,.. So what is the problem, they should remain what they were, unlike India...

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
So what is your take on this?? cause if election is conducted (though it seems unlikely here), the favor would be toward Hindu nation,.. So what is the problem, they should remain what they were, unlike India...
Actually the term would be Referendum rather than Election, I think. It is highly likely that except the heavily Maoist influenced parts of the Nepal rest of the Nepalese will go for a Hindu Rastra. The Nepalese people are traditionally very religious, and living in such a hazardous place one has to for peace of mind. Further, any natural calamity seems to entrench faith in religion rather than remove it among men, and at the aftermath of the recent tragedy, I would think Nepal would have gone for its Hindu identity rather than apart from that.

However, since i have hardly any idea of the Nepal and the Nepalese people, and their ground realities, I don't think I can opine on that. Although, I would hope that they would not try to divorce Hindu identity from their national identity in a sweep, 'coz that would do them any good. Also, I far I have seen and learnt, secularism is one thing that always puts majority in a box and disadvantages them, hence only a stupid man who is majority would want secularism to prevail.

amoy

Elephant is on Nepali bank notes, so is Rhino. Everyone would go to Chitwan national park for rhino, but cow ?? [emoji27]

Separating religion from state (politics) is the way for a modern state.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Ash

Country flag
Elephant is on Nepali bank notes, so is Rhino. Everyone would go to Chitwan national park for rhino, but cow ?? [emoji27]

I couldn't agree more with the need for seperation of state and religion. One just has to look at the state of the countries who have not .

amoy

I couldn't agree more with the need for seperation of state and religion. One just has to look at the state of the countries who have not .
Indeed. One of them who played with fire has been jailed and sentenced to death ~ Mr Morsi the 1st ELECTED President of Egypt

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Except we have a philosophical & spiritual culture instead of an abrahamic religion.

Why should we ignore Jain economics or Sikh martial arts or Bhuddist cooking or Vedic math in Name of secularism & separate religion state.

Should we go for inferior western alternatives? Ones which are bad copies of our own??

Keep your melech bs to yourself.

Secular Marxism is a religion, & the most horrible one at that. Don't worry we will destroy it in next 20-45 years. :)

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Nepal will be screwed sometime in the future.

Alien

Well said, I wish your leaders had the intellect which you have!

I wonder why China is not advising this to it's all weather best friend Pakistan?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This will be more devastating for Nepal than recent Earthquake.

amoy

As china is implementing it very effectively, I could have contradicted anybody but your claims...
And man, this was really something...
http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/154674/china-forces-imams-to-dance-in-street
"forcing" imams to dance or sell alcohol?! [emoji33] I've read enough of this on dfi. and devil is supposed to be abler to discern what is disinfo than laymen.

then on topic what's your own stand on this national-animal or hindu-nation thing?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
At present, Nepali Parliament is dominated by commies and congressies. Let fresh elections happen and let right wingers win more seats, then we will see who will stop Nepal from becoming a Hindu nation again! Till then stay low and educate the masses! Already Medhesis are up in arms against the commies and Nepali army is already frustrated with these commie dumbos. Bhattarai and Prachnada are stabbing each other on a daily basis. People are very disenchanted with commies and congresseis in Nepal.....hence the movement!

Beautiful times to come for Nepal and whole commie infrastructure will be ripped appart by Nepalis themselves!

amoy

At present, Nepali Parliament is dominated by commies and congressies. Let fresh elections happen and let right wingers win more seats, then we will see who will stop Nepal from becoming a Hindu nation again! Till then stay low and educate the masses! Already Medhesis are up in arms against the commies and Nepali army is already frustrated with these commie dumbos. Bhattarai and Prachnada are stabbing each other on a daily basis. People are very disenchanted with commies and congresseis in Nepal.....hence the movement!

Beautiful times to come for Nepal and whole commie infrastructure will be ripped appart by Nepalis themselves!
the Congess is already the (relative) right wing IMO, and the biggest party in their assembly.

and they obviously voted against this Hindu-nation thing in their CA.

don't see any other to emerge to outstrip the congress.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
the Congess is already the (relative) right wing IMO, and the biggest party in their assembly.

and they obviously voted against this Hindu-nation thing in their CA.

don't see any other to emerge to outstrip the congress.

If Nepali con-gress is right wing then Indian con-gress is uber nationalistic! :D

Go beyond what your CCP run Politburo teaches you guys!

Anyways communism will end in Nepal as it did in China, however in a better way!

amoy

If Nepali con-gress is right wing then Indian con-gress is uber nationalistic! :D

Go beyond what your CCP run Politburo teaches you guys!

Anyways communism will end in Nepal as it did in China, however in a better way!
so in your dictionary, right wing = nationalistic [emoji38] [emoji3]

your arrogance outstrips your learning.

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
It does not mean that Nepalese have suddenly become secular. All it means that Christian interests have bribed enough legislatures to have their way. They are the tiniest minority there, but would like to enlarge it, hence play this game.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles