Nehru's Greater India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The term "Greater India" as well as the notion of an explicit Hindu colonization of ancient Southeast Asia have been linked to both Indian nationalism[15] and Hindu nationalism,[16] however, many Indian nationalists, like Nehru and Tagore, although receptive to "an idealisation of India as a benign and uncoercive world civiliser and font of global enlightenment,"[17] stayed away from explicit "Greater India" formulations.[18]
Wiki title is Greater India and you conveniently make it Nehrus. And as from the excerpt above, that very article says Nehru didnt subscribe to the idea.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In the future (and I mean well over 50 years from now), we might see a "Greater India" or "Akhand Bharat" due to India's rise as a superpower and the economic dependence of India's neighbors on India (if you look at the list of Top 20 failed states, you will notice that many of them are India's neighbors).

But at the current time I think it is best to focus on India itself and developing our own country, so we become a model of South Asian progress.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
First tibet has to be made independent country

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
First tibet has to be made independent country
There is very little chance of that happening.

In fact the chances of an independent Baluchistan or Pakthunistan are much greater than an indepedent Tibet.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is very little chance of that happening.

In fact the chances of an independent Baluchistan or Pakthunistan are much greater than an indepedent Tibet.
nothing is impossible.Btw tibet was/is/will be the country on the borders of Akhand bharat not the china.=heheh

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
No, we don't dream of Greater India. I do however dream of reintegration of West Punjab, Sindh and East Bengal in my lifetime.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
nothing is impossible.Btw tibet was/is/will be the country on the borders of Akhand bharat not the china.=heheh
Tibet can only become independent if the PRC central government is toppled. As long as CCP is in power they will never allow Tibet to secede, even if they have to kill a hundred thousand civilians.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Tibet can only become independent if the PRC central government is toppled. As long as CCP is in power they will never allow Tibet to secede, even if they have to kill a hundred thousand civilians.
Just 've paitence.You are fortunate enough to be living in interesting times like those of 1935-39.==ev++vil++

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Just 've paitence.You are fortunate enough to be living in interesting times like those of 1935-39.==ev++vil++
Well, you seem confident :D

Explain how you think Tibet will gain independence.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
ROC claims Tibet too. It also claims outer Mongolia. PRC's toppling won't change that. Tibet's sovereignty is completely in Beijing's hands, and with the influx of Hans into Tibet, I don't foresee that happening. I think Tibetans should accept Chinese control the way it is, while Beijing should protect Tibetan culture and religious practices. Tibetan people should be exempt of inter-provincial movement laws (they should be allowed to freely move to any province for work or business).

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
ROC claims Tibet too. It also claims outer Mongolia. PRC's toppling won't change that. Tibet's sovereignty is completely in Beijing's hands, and with the influx of Hans into Tibet, I don't foresee that happening. I think Tibetans should accept Chinese control the way it is, while Beijing should protect Tibetan culture and religious practices.
I agree, that's why I said Tibet has vey little chance of independence.

We should free Baluchistan and Pakhtunistan before Tibet.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I agree, that's why I said Tibet has vey little chance of independence.

We should free Baluchistan and Pakhtunistan before Tibet.
Historically Baloachistan favored Greater India. Congress used to have a huge support base in Quetta. Sadly the situation has changed. If South Asia is reorganized politically, there's sentiment for a greater Baloach state combining Baloach provinces of Pakistan and Iran.

Minghegy

China doesn't have such great long-term target, what a pity.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
China doesn't have such great long-term target, what a pity.
The Chinese always have long term strategies... I'm sure your politburo has a strategy chalked out for the next 50 years atleast...

Rebelkid

By going the logic of the Chinese, shouldn't Mangolia claim whole of Russia,china,Hungary,Poland ?

SHASH2K2

By going the logic of the Chinese, shouldn't Mangolia claim whole of Russia,china,Hungary,Poland ?
And By same login we should claim bangladesh, pakistan, afganistan, Iran and half of China as King Ashoka ruled them once .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thread started on a wrong notion with twisted title and reference. More like a flame as we call it. What followed was not very inspiring either. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles