Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower Project to be completed before given timetabl

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chinese company to deploy additional work force to expedite work on Neelum-Jhelum project

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

BEIJING: The Chinese contractor building mega Neelum-Jhelum Hydro power plant has decided to deploy more engineers, technical staff to expedite work on 969 MW project.

In this connection, Vice-President of the China Gezhouba Group of Companies (CGGC) Deng held talks in Beijing with Pakistani side and briefed about deployment of additional Chinese technical staff.

The induction of additional work force will help completion of the project before given timetable.
The meeting was held after conclusion of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif's visit to China.

While travelling on High-Speed Train from Beijing to Shanghai (July 6), the Prime Minister had held meeting with Executive President of the CGGC Yang Yisheng and got briefing on the progress of work on the hydro power project.

The company President had informed Prime Minister that it was expected to accomplish the project in June 2016. However, in view of the acute energy crisis, Pakistan wants that the mega hydro project needed to be completed before given time frame.

Before embarking on visit to China, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last month visited the site of the project and directed the authorities concerned to expedite construction work on Rs 274.882 billion Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower Project and make it functional until 2014-15 to overcome power shortage in the country.

The Prime Minister during his 5-day official visit to China met with President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang as well as number of Chinese companies working in energy, infrastructure development, power distribution and financial institutions and discussed with them on energy shortfall being faced by Pakistan and its remedies.

The Prime Minister met the heads and Chief Executive officers of various companies in all the three cities he visited --- Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.

Timely completion of this project will reduce the gap between demand and supply of power in the country. Moreover, it has strategic importance as due to its timely and early completion the government of Pakistan can claim water rights of river Neelum.

The project which is in the vicinity of Muzaffarabad (Azad Kashmir), envisages the diversion of Neelum river water through a tunnel and after producing power, out-falling into Jhelum river.

Chinese company to deploy additional work force to expedite work on Neelum-Jhelum project

Blackwater

Re: Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower Project to be completed before given time

Every construction in POK is illegal...

TTP and BLA should take notice of that:p:p:p

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

Last govt in the 5 years could not start work on this strategic project

this govt is is trying there level best..i hope the target of 7% growth rate in 2015 would also be achieved.
in the mean time for india in 2015 the set growth rate target is less than 5%.

amoy

Sharif in a meeting with Chinese investors on Beijing-Shanghai HSR

Sharif visiting a Chinese constructed hydro power plant

Last edited:

drkrn

this govt is is trying there level best..i hope the target of 7% growth rate in 2015 would also be achieved.
@farhan why dont you speak something worthy?
Trillion dollars economies (2050) based on GDP - Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
here just see this pakistan is no where near to india in terms of gdp and you cant even reach that targeted levels with your current growth rate and govt. policies

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

@farhan why dont you speak something worthy?
Trillion dollars economies (2050) based on GDP - Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
here just see this pakistan is no where near to india in terms of gdp and you cant even reach that targeted levels with your current growth rate and govt. policies
For Pakistan they have set the growth rate of 2% as an average?do you really think pakistan will grow for the next 40 years by just 2%?
other than this imf predicted that Pak gdp in 2011-12 would be 214billions dollars.but you know the GDP was 236-40billions dollars

for 2012-13 they had predicted 222billions dollars and you know now the GDP this year is 252billions dollars?

do you know why this so?

because in 2010 when they had set the future GDP targets they used more than 7% as average growth rate for india while 2.1% for pakistan.
because those were our respective growth in 2010.

right now pak is on up trend while indian gdp growth rate had reduced to 4.96% if i am not wrong
and pakistan 3.7%.

I cant access the PF site now.got IP ban from the site for this week

drkrn

For Pakistan they have set the growth rate of 2% as an average?do you really think pakistan will grow for the next 40 years by just 2%?
other than this imf predicted that Pak gdp in 2011-12 would be 214billions dollars.but you know the GDP was 236-40billions dollars

for 2012-13 they had predicted 222billions dollars and you know now the GDP this year is 252billions dollars?

do you know why this so?

because in 2010 when they had set the future GDP targets they used more than 7% as average growth rate for india while 2.1% for pakistan.
because those were our respective growth in 2010.

right now pak is on up trend while indian gdp growth rate had reduced to 4.96% if i am not wrong
and pakistan 3.7%.

I cant access the PF site now.got IP ban from the site for this week
then try wikipedia..List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

note:this site is not maintained by RAW
your gdp may have crossed expectations due to unexpected economic helps which wont stay longer
india's current growth rate is 5.8

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

then try wikipedia..List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

note:this site is not maintained by RAW
your gdp may have crossed expectations due to unexpected economic helps which wont stay longer
india's current growth rate is 5.8
No because they had used average growth rate of 2.1% till 2050 for pakistan while the growth rate this year was 3.7%.
which is expected to reach 5% next year

Go and search i am ready to bet more than 10billions dollars on that indian growth rate was 4.96%-5% this year.

Down from 8.4% in 2010 to 7.2% in 2011 to 6.5%(i guess later it was reduced to 6.2%) to now in 2013 4.96%-5%.

next year i am sure it would be even worse than 4%.

would you wanna bet that next year the pak and india gdp growth rate difference would be very less and in 2015 pakistan will have more gdp growth rate than india.

i am following indian economy.you cannot prove me wrong.

as per my estimate in 2011(done with one indian defence forum admin jagginatt singh or a similar name) by 2020 if we use average gdp growth rate at 6-7%(NOTE:real gdp growth rate) than pak GDP by 2020 would be more than hald a trillion billions dollars) may be even more

drkrn

No because they had used average growth rate of 2.1% till 2050 for pakistan while the growth rate this year was 3.7%.
which is expected to reach 5% next year

Go and search i am ready to bet more than 10billions dollars on that indian growth rate was 4.96%-5% this year.

Down from 8.4% in 2010 to 7.2% in 2011 to 6.5%(i guess later it was reduced to 6.2%) to now in 2013 4.96%-5%.

next year i am sure it would be even worse than 4%.

would you wanna bet that next year the pak and india gdp growth rate difference would be very less and in 2015 pakistan will have more gdp growth rate than india.

i am following indian economy.you cannot prove me wrong.

as per my estimate in 2011(done with one indian defence forum admin jagginatt singh or a similar name) by 2020 if we use average gdp growth rate at 6-7%(NOTE:real gdp growth rate) than pak GDP by 2020 would be more than hald a trillion billions dollars) may be even more
then provide a link.following news over gdp wont make you an expert regarding.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

then provide a link.following news over gdp wont make you an expert regarding.
link for what?

Indian gdp growth rate?pakistan gdp growth rate or what?

Shatrujeet

Let see about your nation projection in near future. Yes, your new government has projected GDP growth rate 7% up to 2015. However, in between your government has set the target to achieve 4.4% Growth rate for immediate fiscal year. First achieve it then we will talk about your target in 2015.

Who said that INDIA has set growth rate target less than 5%? If I go by world bank then according to them 6.7% GDP growth for India by Financial year 2015. And in case if I go by my government then India to return to 8 p.c. growth rate in coming 2 years & in Fiscal 2015-16, we want to go back to our potential growth rate, which is above 8 %.

agentperry

the target couldnt be reached as the steps taken will barely maintain the status qou. pakistan need much more than this and in case of india the set target is lowered keeping in mind the difficult time in international market which also apply to pakistan.

being realistic is what india is doing and feeding public with foolish goals just like FBR of pakistan and many other previous govts is case with pakistan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles