Need help designing a marketing E-mail

H.A.

Hi,

I need help in designing a marketing e-mail. I am trying to imbed a video into my e-mail so that the recipient can view the video in the e-mail itself rather than going to a different page.

Also wanted to know the latest methods used in email marketing with special interest on the design of the email.

Any help will be appreciated with a like.....:)

Thank you in advance.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Don't know if what you require is possible. I use mail chimp otherwise. I think you will have to create a YouTube and send the link in the mail.

H.A.

thats what i have found out...you can only insert an image hyperlinked to the actual webpage.....but i want the reader to see the video in the email itself...just like the one we see in the posts

pmaitra

How big of a video clip do you want to present?

Two options:
  • YouTube (as @Yusuf suggested).
  • Create an animated GIF.

Also, have you used Prezi? I strongly recommend yo have a look. You can make very entertaining presentations there, and all you need to do is send the link.

There are plenty of online tools for the latter, and they are free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
thats what i have found out...you can only insert an image hyperlinked to the actual webpage.....but i want the reader to see the video in the email itself...just like the one we see in the posts
The chances are that even if you are able to embed a video, the mail will become heavy and not get delivered itself.

H.A.

How big of a video clip do you want to present?

Two options:
  • YouTube (as @Yusuf suggested).
  • Create an animated GIF.

Also, have you used Prezi? I strongly recommend yo have a look. You can make very entertaining presentations there, and all you need to do is send the link.

There are plenty of online tools for the latter, and they are free.
The video is approx 10 minutes but i shall crop it if required

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The video is approx 10 minutes but i shall crop it if required
10 min video will make the mail very heavy. It will never get delivered.

Let me give you an example. When I make a video on my iPhone and try to mail it, I am asked to crop it to within manageable limits. That is a few seconds of the video.

You will have to send links.

Better make a good website with videos in it and send links to your site.

H.A.

Let me give you an example. When I make a video on my iPhone and try to mail it, I am asked to crop it to within manageable limits. That is a few seconds of the video.

I had the same doubts...about the mail becoming heavy...however if there is a possibility of streaming the video in the mail itself without opening a different webpage...that is what i am looking at. I will not attach the video, just attached link but the streaming happens in the mail.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had the same doubts...about the mail becoming heavy...however if there is a possibility of streaming the video in the mail itself without opening a different webpage...that is what i am looking at. I will not attach the video, just attached link but the streaming happens in the mail.
Hehhehe the ever demanding Indian. Mate go ahead and develop something like that

H.A.

Unhelpful....:pfft:...

Trying to do something different is not very easy but not impossible....the image option hyperlinked to the webpage is Plan B

let me search for Plan A

sasi

Thank you for posting the links...as i said that the above options posted in the link are option B i am searching for option A. which is for the video to play in the email itself or atleast post it in a newer way with a fresher approach.
Well, then you have to break the code of gmail software itself which is impossible ! Anyway try and tell us.That may work if it is in html software !

cloud_9

Country flag
If you will try to do some tricks with HTML it will most probably be seen as junk or suspicious mail.Easiest way is described here

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Video quality must affect size too?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles