Need Android Help

Adux

Country flag
Gentlemen,

I have a slight issue, I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 in Feb of this year, I had an issue with it as it was over heating, I showed it to Service Center, they told me it was a defective 'P/B Board', and they replaced that for me. I could update my firmware via samsung kies before, but after that 'replacement which meant re-install of software' (also I cant get sound through the left channel) I could never update via kies but I can do everything else, but i get updates through OTA whenever it is available.

Today for Samsung Galaxy Note, the Ice Cream Sandwich update is out, I got my initial 36 MB of upgrade via OTA Version-2.6.35.7 -N7000DDLC1, But then I connected to my laptop, it still says I cant update via kies.

I have noticed something peculiar, please look at the version it says as posted on the pic, (XXX) but it used to be (INU) and I hear Indian Area Sales code for Samsung is (INU),

How can I fix my Kies problem, and then get my update, I dont want to do anything that will make me loose my warranty.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Adux,

The issue of Kies not updating firmware is widely acknowledged. It can be due to various reasons ranging from incompatible MS framework of computer or non-updated samsung/mtp drivers on pc.

Generally people update the drivers & try re-installing latest version of Kies software. It solves the firmware upgrade issue in many cases. You can get the latest Kies s/w from Samsung's website.

However, if that is not working out then you can try for manual upgrade to XXLP8 i.e the latest Ice Cream Sandwich for N7000. I see that you are currently on LC1, it was March ICS update if I recall correctly.

Here is a step-wise guide for manual LP8 update via Odin - Android AdvicesHow to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Official DDLP8 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware

This is official firmware, it is not rooting so it wouldn't affect your device warranty.

Otherwise you can wait for few days & get the OTA update.

Samsung India has still not pushed LP8 on OTA and I think this May ICS update was released just a couple of days ago so be sure that LP8 will be available on OTA in coming days.

Adux

Country flag
Adux,

The issue of Kies not updating firmware is widely acknowledged. It can be due to various reasons ranging from incompatible MS framework of computer or non-updated samsung/mtp drivers on pc.

Generally people update the drivers & try re-installing latest version of Kies software. It solves the firmware upgrade issue in many cases. You can get the latest Kies s/w from Samsung's website.

However, if that is not working out then you can try for manual upgrade to XXLP8 i.e the latest Ice Cream Sandwich for N7000. I see that you are currently on LC1, it was March ICS update if I recall correctly.

Here is a step-wise guide for manual LP8 update via Odin - Android AdvicesHow to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Official DDLP8 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware

This is official firmware, it is not rooting so it wouldn't affect your device warranty.

Otherwise you can wait for few days & get the OTA update.

Samsung India has still not pushed LP8 on OTA and I think this May ICS update was released just a couple of days ago so be sure that LP8 will be available on OTA in coming days.

Nrj,

Thanks I knew you would come to my rescue.

I have tried reinstalling Kies, but no luck. Let me tell it is only my Note which doesnt work with Kies on my laptop, but my friend's all 3 of their Note's work.
I have checked the CSC code, it is shown as INU, I actually even did that once just to be sure. When my friends show's INU on Kies, mine is shown as XXX, what is XXX? Which location is that?

All the problems started, after they had to replace my motherboard for overheating, I have an issue of not getting one audio channel, I am getting it to Samsung Service center tomorrow, I am going to ask them to replace my phone or fix it correctly.

I got LC1 today morning through OTA, and it is the Indian one, which got released yesterday by Samsung India. This is how my about phone, area codes look like

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Adux,

Maybe when the motherboard got replaced, the service centre guys flashed some random CSC and therefore it is showing xxx. Indian CSC should be DD or INU.

However, that does not make much difference. This is minor or no issue at all. I often run on european/korean CSCs since their firmwares are released before India-specific bundles.

You can flash latest ICS via Odin software if Kies is not working. There is not much of difference & it does not touch your warranty. But since you mentioned that there is also audio problem, I strongly suggest you get it replaced. Push those Samsung guys a little and since this is a genuine case where device is malfunctioning even after m/board exchange, they will replace it. Entire replacement process should take roughly 12-15 days. Don't worry, I've heard of few similar cases where they replaced the handset.

Adux

Country flag
Boys what is task 29? Custom rom?

Nrj,

I will update you by tomorrow afternoon

Adux

Country flag
^^^Thanks but what a trying to be cool but failing immensely though. I like his fake accent coming out on 'instaaaaaal' and cursed4eva, anyway he knows his stuff.

Adux

Country flag
NRJ,

I had a very good interaction with the Samsung staff, I made sure my office called the Samsung area head and the Manager at the Service Center. They have assured me a replacement or a refund by the end of next week. I told them I am not interested in a refund especially since I have spend more than 75% of the amount on buying accessories for my device. I have the car dock, hdmi adapter, desktop dock, 2 extra s pen's and lots of software bought.

I want to know from you, what should I do about softwares bought, can I re install it in my new device or should I write to them? I have bought the N7player, AVG pro, Sygic MapmyIndia, FIFA, Doubletwist alarm clock, Beautiful widgets, Tapatalk tunein, couple of other specific programs?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I want to know from you, what should I do about softwares bought, can I re install it in my new device or should I write to them? I have bought the N7player, AVG pro, Sygic MapmyIndia, FIFA, Doubletwist alarm clock, Beautiful widgets, Tapatalk tunein, couple of other specific programs?
You need not worry about them. All those premium apps are linked to your google account that you used on Android Market(Play Store). So whenever you sign in to your next whichever android device, you will have them ready for installation in play store. You dont need to purchase them again no matter which android handset you got.

Thats one of the prettiest thing about android :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You need not worry about them. All those premium apps are linked to your google account that you used on Android Market(Play Store). So whenever you sign in to your next whichever android device, you will have them ready for installation in play store. You dont need to purchase them again no matter which android handset you got.

Thats one of the prettiest thing about android :)
I bet he didn't buy mapmyindia through google! I also have sygic aura mapmyindia and you will need to uninstall it on your phone and then install it on your new phone with serial provided.

I read somewhere that once installed it only works on one phone but i have flashed countless roms and installed it again.

Adux, to be on the safe side just copy the entire sygic folder from your phone and store it on your pc hard drive (before uninstalling it) or you can backup it using any backup app. I use mybackuproot but that only works on rooted phones.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
I bought Sygic in Playstore ? Why?
I have did what you said. I have copied the whole folder? What do I with it, when I get the new device?

NRJ,

I really like the whole android concept, I used a blackberry before, boy it sucks.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
When you get the new device...try installing the normal way with the serial.

if not then you can try to restore it with folder.

Adux

Country flag
It seems Samsung is being shipped from Delhi, Now if they dont have a white, they said they will get me black, which I have flatly refused. I bought a white one, I want a white one. So if they dont have a stock of white, it seems they will give me a refund in the form of a DD. If the phone is available, then I will get it in 3-4 days, if it is not I will get the DD in 7 days.
If that is the case, I might actually buy it from Flipkart which has white available.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
that traffic doesn't seem pleasant.

i connect my phone to the car through bluetooth!

Adux

Country flag
Have you experienced Kerala Monsoons? Though this was one of the crazy showers that happened for a week during the summers. Unbelievable.

Cochin floods in half an hour continuous shower.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles