NDTV & Chidambaram Accused of Money Laundering Scam of Rs. 5500 cr.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sasi, Jan 16, 2014.

1. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

IT Commissioner SK Srivastava’s Battle against Thwarted Probe into Hawala & Tax Evasion Scam by NDTV
    Some weeks ago, my office received a big bundle of papers along with two DVDs by courier. The name and address of the recipient was Ranthambore Rana, D 55 Defence Colony, New Delhi. I do not know any such person but the bunch of papers and the two DVDs contained very disturbing information. (When a Manushi volunteer went to check at the given address, we found someone else living there)
    They provide in-depth information with detailed documentation regarding an unholy partnership between Finance Minister P Chidambaram and directors of premier TV channel—NDTV. It took me days to go through and make sense of these papers which I also got vetted by a senior lawyer. Even so I was diffident in putting this information in the public domain lest I make an error of judgment. However, on 6 December 2013, former Law Minister and now MP, Shri Ram Jethmalani sent a letter to Mr Chidambram directly accusing him of receiving a bribe of Rs 5000 crores and then getting it laundered by NDTV and harassing Srivastav who attempted to inquire into this economic offence.
    Chiadambram has not denied or rebutted anything. Rather, he offered to get himself inquired by his own subordinates. Following this exchange of letters between a former Law Minister and the present Finance Minister of the country, I felt compelled to share the information I had received with the public at large.
    As per the information in these papers, Chidambaram whose job it is to stand guard over public money and state revenues is allegedly involved in a Rs 5500 crore money laundering scam in collaboration with NDTV and consequent tax-evasion of3,500/- crores. To facilitate this loot, two IRS officers of 1999 Batch were paid huge amount of bribe and illegal gratification, including an all expenses paid pleasure trip with family to Europe for one officer while the other officer was sent on pleasure jaunt to Mauritius. This is borne out by documentary evidence presented by Srivastav in the High Court.
    The two DVDs I received contained a video recorded conversation between S.K. Srivastava, 1987 batch Indian Revenue Service Officer and a small team of lawyers. After having studied the papers and going over the video recorded conversation twice over, I phoned SK Srivastava and asked for an appointment. I met him with a Manushi volunteer at his residence in Pandara Park, in the hope of interviewing him to confirm or refute the authenticity of those documents and the DVDs. He took no time in confirming that the papers were genuine and that he stood by all that was stated in those IRS and court documents. But he said he had no idea how the conversation got to be recorded or why and who sent me the DVDs. When I tried asking him further questions, he refused to answer them saying that as a government official he is not allowed to speak to the media or give interviews for public consumption. However, he did give me the names and phone numbers of his lawyers, including that of S K Gupta, Advocate (Mobile No.-9811211218) who has for years defended him in court against the powerful adversaries like NDTV and Chidambaram.
    Read full-
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/190072062/Ram-Jethmalani-s-letter-to-P-Chidambaram-in-NDTV-money-laundering-matter
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/193677788/P-Chidambaram%E2%80%99s-reply-to-Ram-Jethmalani-and-Ram-Jethmalani-s-reply-to-P-Chidambaram-in-NDTV-money-laundering-matter

3. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Re: NDTV & Chidambaram Accused of Money Laundering Scam of Rs. 5500 cr

Media's are trying to hush up the info.
    ~
    all members are requested to help make this video and material viral on the net.

Vishwarupa likes this.
  4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Quite a new revelation and a stink!

Chidambaram does not appear to be too straight and he has been whispered to have connection to many a scam.

But he is super smooth.

5. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Who are Manushi? Who are they funded by? I've seen their name pop up a few times, but couldnt really get much info from their website apart from them being a womens rights group.
    Anyway seems like more trouble for Chiddu.