NDA States top 20-pt plan; livid Cong says scrap it

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by maomao, Oct 29, 2010.

1. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

NDA States top 20-pt plan; livid Cong says scrap it

Annapurna Jha/Kumar Uttam | New Delhi

Gujarat shows the way

Embarrassed over a UPA Government report ranking NDA-ruled States of Gujarat, Karnataka, Jharkhand and Punjab as the four best performers in implementing the 20-point Programme (TPP), the Congress on Thursday rejected the findings which the Government it leads has come out with. Not surprisingly, the BJP patted its back.

“All this is baseless. We consider it wrong and reject the report,” Congress spokesman Manish Tewari said while reacting to the higher ranking of NDA-ruled States in implementing TPP meant for poverty eradication and empowering people. The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has come out with the report.

Furthermore, according to the report, non-UPA ruled States like Odisha and Uttar Pradesh have also shown impressive performance in implementing TPP both being ranked at fifth place, while the Left Democratic Front-ruled Kerala and BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh have both achieved the seventh place.

Delighted by the findings, the BJP said the main focus of the programme is poverty eradication and the report proves NDA Governments were serious in doing that.

“Congress-ruled Andhra Pradesh is at 10th position. This is another indicator of how serious is that party. They were only interested in eradicating their own poverty during the Commonwealth Games,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.

Significantly, all NDA-ruled States have improved their performance as far as implementing TPP is concerned. Gujarat had ranked fourth last year but topped the list as far as performance between April to July 2010 is concerned. Karnataka was at seventh place in 2009-10 but is now ranked second. Jharkhand jumped 10 places to be placed at third. Punjab jumped to the fourth place, up from 21st last year.

Odisha and Uttar Pradesh have improved their positions from sixth and seventh place respectively last year to fifth this year. Kerala also had 17th rank in 2009-10 while Madhya Pradesh had eleventh.

Among Congress-ruled States, Andhra reached tenth place climbing down from ninth last year while Rajasthan has come down from second place to 12th this year. Maharashtra has also gone down from 14th rank last year to 23rd this year.

About Congress rejecting the report, Sitharaman reminded that it was not a document manufactured by the opposition but of the UPA Government led by Congress.

North-Eastern States have been the worst performers as far as States and Union Territories are concerned. Manipur has been ranked last at 30th place while Nagaland, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh have been placed at 29th, 28th and 27th place.

Interestingly, NDA-ruled States of Bihar and Chhattisgarh have been ranked low at 27th and 21st place. But Bihar has remained static at this level while Chhattisgarh has improved from 25th rank last year. However, Uttarakhand has deteriorated from fifth position last year to 18th this year.

DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu has also gone down from second place last year to 12th this year while strife-torn Jammu and Kashmir has remained static at 23rd place.

TPP has programmes meant to provide food security, housing, health services, clean drinking water, education, women and child welfare, slum improvement, environment protection, social security, rural roads, rural electrification, development of backward areas, e-governance, SC/ST welfare, support to farmers and labour welfare.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/292991/NDA-States-top-20-pt-plan;-livid-Cong-says-scrap-it.html

3. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

how can congrees spokesperson Manish Tewari outrightly reject ie when it is released by their own part at power and that to by statistics department

hope barkha dutta puts show on it this Saturday rather then on kashmir or mrs roy freedom of speech in her show at NDTV

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Well its known to everyone that BJP ruled states are doing much better than Congress ruled states. About congress reaction I would say that they are sore loosers.

5. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

because he is a congress spokesman if he had excepted it madam would had kicked him out of the party.

about barkha dutt she will be next candidate from congress to RS. now NDTV has become propaganda tv of congress. due you really think they will air the show

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

These states were already in better condition than the rest.

Traders and businessmen have always been voters of bjp.

7. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Maharashtra was one of most developing as well as fastest growing state . you can see what 2 terms of congress has done there. Vote bank politics of congress is ruining state development as well. What would you say about growth rate of Bihar in that case?

8. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Jharkhand?!! You've got to be kidding me

9. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Jaharkhand is one of state for which congress can claim some credit. Jharkhand has been under presidential rule for most of the times and it helped in implementing policies better .

10. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

after bhuj earth quake the economy of gujarath was almost destroyed. some analyst thought it will take atleast a century to recover from the devastation of the earth quake. when it came to karnataka we are always unfortunate we always have opposite government in state and centre.
    what about state like jharakhand
    it all come to good governance . commitment to the people
    if trader and businessman had voted for bjp,how it is related to governance.
    congress party from last 60 year doing sudo secularism. but not the development

11. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

i think gujarat is doing fantastically well, no doubt in that and tons of credit goes to narender modi there but punjab in that list, there has to be something drastically wrong somewhere. if anything punjab has gone to the dogs since sad-bjp combine took over the state, that state is heading to a near bankruptcy thanks to the idiotic policies of badal father-son duo.

12. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

There will always be few exceptions but when you look at it generally almost all top performing states have BJP in power .

13. thakur_ritesh

i am not complaining that, and i am very sure himachal and uttrakhand (both bjp ruled states) would be very close by as well, but punjab! man those two father and son have literally raped that state (please pardon my lingo but there was no better word to explain that)

14. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I completely agree with you about Punjab . I dont know exact reason for this pathetic performance.I am not sure if BJP is senior partner over there.If Bjp is senior partner then obviously they should try to rectify their mistakes.

15. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

not sure if its relevent.

Distant kin got flats, won't quit: Chavan

MUMBAI: Under intense media scrutiny over the Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society scam, Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan admitted that some of his relatives got flats in the building but have now surrendered them.

In his first formal interaction with reporters after the scam surfaced, Chavan also announced that he had asked MMRDA to revoke occupancy certificates till Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) gives clearance.

The embattled Chavan ruled out quitting his post, saying there was no need to do so.

"Distant relatives...if they are eligible, then there is no reason to deny them (flats)," Chavan said, after the media expose that his mother-in-law, sister-in-law and one more person got allotment in the building.

"Seema Sharma and Madanlal Sharma are distant relatives. Today, they have informed in writing that they have resigned from the Society," he said.

Chavan's mother-in-law Bhagwati Sharma is dead and has no nominee.

The prime piece of land in upmarket Colaba given to the Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society belonged to the state government and not the Services, he said.

"The land belongs to the state government, based on the collector's records. Revenue department granted land to the Society as per GR of 9.7.1999," he said.

"This land falls outside defence boundary. It was not reserved for war veterans or Kargil heroes," Chavan said, adding "The charges of my involvement (in the scam) are politically motivated."

Asked if he felt he should step aside while the inquiry was on, Chavan said, "There is no such need. Every day one thing or the other goes on in politics. I have been in politics for 40-45 years... one faces difficulties.

"I wasn't a minister when the land was given to the Society."

Ruling out a fresh probe into the alleged irregularities in the project, he said, "CBI is already handling the matter. The state government does not need to institute a fresh inquiry.

"I have asked MMRDA to revoke occupancy certificate till Ministry of Environment and Forest gives clearance."

On the MoEF permission, Chavan said Union minister Jairam Ramesh has written a letter to the state government. "Earlier there was a letter from MoEF saying this authority has been delegated to state government. From that basis, the clearance must have been given (at the local level)," he said.

Today, there are 102 members of the Society, of which 37 belong to the Defence. All the plans were approved by the BMC, he said.

He admitted the need for a new policy to be adopted by the state government on allotment of plots, considering the Adarsh row.

Read more: Distant kin got flats, won't quit: Chavan - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Chavan/articleshow/6836461.cms#ixzz13mOJZd3w

16. thakur_ritesh

SAD is the senior player there.

their most of the budget is spent in some senseless subsidies, electricity is being given free to farmers and their farm out in near stagnant, the loans get written off, there is constant blackout, the growth rate figures have gone for a toss and this was the state which was the best performing in india a few decades back and now compare it to haryana, two absolutely different worlds, today most od the annual budget of haryana is spent on education and if i am not mistaken they spend 10times to what punjab spends on education with a much smaller budget (by the way when haryana was being governed by chautala and bjp combine it was again in the gutter). in punjab it is only and only about vote bank politics and nothing else.

17. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

18. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

where is bihar.?it was doing well under nitish kumar.hope he gets re-elected.kashmir too is doing well on other states' hard earned money.

19. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

and delhi is doing well due to looted commonwealth money

20. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Bihar was 2nd among best performing states last year. I think they are counting states where party is in majority on its own.

21. thakur_ritesh

the 20 point program is:

http://megpied.gov.in/tpp/ItemsunderTPP.pdf

they have been ranked in the following order:

1 Gujarat, 2 Karnataka, 3 Jharkhand, 4 Punjab, 5 Uttar Pradesh, ............., 8 Kerala and Madhya Pradesh, 10 Himachal Pradesh

the worst performers:

Bihar, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Jammu and Kashmir and Chhattisgarh.

ok my bad i jumped the gun there too soon, i thought this was about some economic indicator. these are center run policies and the ranking has been done on account of which state has been able to implement these policies most efficiently and effectively. well congress has a valid reason to be disappointed and sulk, their ruled states just dont show up in the top 10 there (dont know which all were ranked 6th and 7th), but that said chhatisgarh is a bjp ruled state but then that could be because of the maoist factor there.