NDA and Rights for Sexual Minorities (LGBT)

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by busesaway, Aug 27, 2016.

1. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

I'm a supporter of Hindu Nationalism. I think India should be more respectful of its Hindu-Buddhist heritage. I would vote NDA if it actively campaigned for the human rights of sexual minorities..

Historically, Indian culture and philosophy were supportive of sexual minorities and considered their "lifestyles" to be normal and part of their natural rights. A true conservative Hindu should support covering lgbt and gays under human rights.

The ruins of how progressive Hindu/Indian culture was can still be seen in the gay cultures of East Asia.

The majority of homophobia, as with other negatives in India such as corruption, were implemented by the European colonialists. Homosexuality is openly encouraged by gods and books in Hinduism. It's still possible to see "gays" in the statue-artwork of South Indian temples. In Sri Lanka, the Portuguese actively criticized how gay and evil the ruling king was. The land still has a tradition of supporting third-gender too.

On a side note: Am I right in thinking that a South Indian states tend to be more supportive of LGBT rights than the North Indian states? I find it hard to gather information on how progress for sexual minorities varies in each state. I understand that Sri Lanka is very split on the issue of homosexuality too despite being a Hindu-Buddhist South Indian nation. :crying:

Dark Sorrow likes this.
  3. Bharat Ek Khoj

Bharat Ek Khoj Senior Member Senior Member

In the age of TV and internet, hard to support LGBT openly. Can't know someone will capture your support and spread it, and your kid might get wrong impression, thinking its ok to have X with same gender.

4. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

There's nothing wrong with having sex with the same gender. If you're a Hindu, you should be able to understand this from reading up on the history of Hinduism. Countries like Japan and Thailand openly support LGBT relationships, and Japan even considers showing gay-sex to underage kids to be normal.

Nearly everything "homophobic" about India came from the European colonialists.

5. Bharat Ek Khoj

Thats most disgusting thing I'm getting from Japan.

PAPA, spikey360 and Dark Sorrow like this.
  6. Scarface

Scarface Regular Member

No , a conservative Hindu wouldn't necessarily support homosexuality even if Hinduism itself does.

Because Hinduism and it's accepting nature has been our weakness and has been very well exploited.

Our accepting culture is the reason the Khyber Pass invaders were accepted as leaders.

We need a conservative reform in the religion,something like what the new testament was for Christians.

Homosexuality is degeneracy,if my religion supports it then it needs reform.

The fact that a hypothetical Homsexual family union deprives a child of either mother/father should be enough to oppose it

Bahamut likes this.
  7. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

Japan doesn't consider showing sex to underage children to be bad, and it doesn't discriminate between gay and straight. It's probably derived from Hindu/Buddhist culture, because you can see statues having sex (both gay and straight) on South Indian Hindu temples.

A "conservative" reform of Hinduism would be a "Europeanization" of Hinduism, which I strongly detest. I think you should adopt one of the western religions if you really want to be homophobic, because there's no place for homophobia in real Hinduism. I'd suggest that you should move to Pakistan if you can't handle living with Buddhism-Hinduism in India.

We need a proper Hindu political party, similar to the right-wing Buddhist political parties found in East Asia, that supports human rights for gays, and wants to erase all the stupid "Christian" westernization brought from Europe (homophobia, corruption, aryanism, etc...).

8. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

I am split on family and marriage. I don't support gay marriage in the sense that I think it should be up to individual organizations and temples to decide whether they think gays should be allowed to marry.

I don't think one should need to get registered with government in order to get married, and I don't think government should give benefits for simply being married. Instead, you should get benefits if you are caring for a child or a sick person.

So my view is that government should NOT legislate in the area concerning marriage. It's a matter for private individuals to concern themselves with. The majority of Indians don't register their marriages anyway.

Dark Sorrow likes this.
  9. Dark Sorrow

Dark Sorrow Respected Member Senior Member

That's just not disgusting but also mentally deranged too.

spikey360 and Bharat Ek Khoj like this.
  10. Scarface

Scarface Regular Member

A conservative reform of Hinduism would be a conservative reform,just because it would be similiar to European Christianity doesn't mean Hinduism would be losing it's identity and culture.

And even if I were to agree with that terminology , I don't see anything particularly wrong with that.

The conservative European Christianity from the medieval ages was an unmatched cultural power in itself, and is the reason Christianity still is the biggest religion on this planet.

The "real Hinduism"/mainstream Hinduism may have acknowledged the existence of homosexuals but never promoted it.

Manusmriti clearly admonished it but of course the liberals had that book burned because it didn't fit their views on "real Hinduism"

Your suggestion is a really bad one considering Pakis have highest amount of searches regarding "Gay Sex" in the world.

There is no current static Hinduism right now in India.Too many people practicing it in their own way.

Thankfully Homosexuality is still illegal and we Hindus are anything if not law abiding,so the degeneracy that is Homosexuality hasn't penetrated Hinduism yet.

11. Bharat Ek Khoj

Human rights are just hyped thing. Nobody cares for human rights. Everybody love watching adult movies over internet, or even visit in real. Does anybody care how those women are sent to such business ? Does anybody care the human rights of theirs ? No. Don't tell me how western countries do care about it, cuz they don't.

Now even man are being send to such business, and even being raped. Read somewhere that UK has higher ration of men being raped.

I personally have no problem with LGBT, and may be gov can set up special help line for them. But I don't want them to come out in open so media/tv can show them 24x7 and corrupt young minds at early age.

If anybody thinks gays are natural, let me give an exception.
    The guy who represents LGBT community in india, wasn't born that way. He was raped by his uncle for several years. And his mother didn't even send the uncle to jail, and now finding a guy for her son to marry. How pathetic creature his mother is.

In bollywood new comers(male) are offered gay relationship. One actor openly said it. So if anybody thinks its ok, may be non homo people might start offering themselves just for the sake of their career. Even child abusers exist in Bollywood while our so called reputed actors/actresses keep mum on that issue. There is also one movie in bollywood that shows the glimpse of how an ambitious mother's kid could be in danger.

I know few things looks not directly related to subject, but if you give a thought, you may understand what are you doing by talking about sexuality in open, specifically homo relationship.

Talking about Hinduism, it also teaches you to follow 'brahmcharya', why not go that way ?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Subbu, Razor, spikey360 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

It is also the prevalence of drug and unhealthy sexual practices among LGBT, also there support for pedophilia.
    Kids should not be expose to this until they reached 16.Also in many case scientist were able induce and get rid of homosexuality. LGBT community always target kids, look the pride parade.Personal there is no shame or pride in being from LGBT but please do not do this freak show on the road.

Razor, spikey360 and Bharat Ek Khoj like this.
  13. Bharat Ek Khoj

What ? This is new to me.
    And yeah, those parades are to mislead young through media. Mafia media plays bigger role in that.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  14. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

On pedophilia: Japan believes in the idea of "freedom-of-thought". So it's not illegal to draw or think about pedophilia, but it is illegal and immoral to carry out such acts in person.

I usually support anything to do with "freedom-of-thought", and the reason why pedophilia is immoral is for the protection of the child; simply drawing or thinking doesn't harm anyone.

It's the difference between someone being shot in a cartoon, and someone being shot in real life.

Japanese culture understands the boundaries between real-life and fiction. Japan also has a strong "freedom-of-speech" culture that makes such things less "disgusting" in their culture.

15. Bharat Ek Khoj

Load of [email protected] !!! You have nothing to say other than what Japanese believe. I consider all such things pervert and mentally ill. Being great at technology and science doesn't set an example someone being right in other subjects.

16. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

17. Bharat Ek Khoj

Also the adopted child after marriage might be sexually abused.

Glad to hear that India soon to Ban Foreigners, Gays, Singles From Hiring Surrogate Mothers.

Bahamut likes this.
  18. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Homos should be shot dead at sight when they choose to openly parade as homos and not normal human beings. Such incidences should not be treated as murders.

aditya10r and Subbu like this.
  19. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

I am very much against any kind of state persecution on any person based on his religion, sex or whatever. But, the point is laws in India are very different compared to how laws are implemented in other countries. And I stand by this law against homosexuality in India. Once you legalize this, you will have all sorts of filth promoting this nonsense along with other degeneracy.

The point is in India these lgbbqs or whatever were left out to form their own parallel society, they were not bothered nor were they celebrated or promoted. That is still in practice to some degree too and thats how it should be. So, these people asking to be assimilated in mainstream society and have equal rights as mainstream is just retarded.

20. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

Bharat Ek Khoj likes this.
  21. LordOfTheUnderworlds

LordOfTheUnderworlds Regular Member

From what Wikipedia says, that particular section of law is a very vague British era law about 'carnal intercourse against the order of nature.' I see no specific mention of homosexuality in it. The words are so vague that technically it can be used to arrest anyone framing charges against anyone even husband and wife, depending on whims of police and magistrate. At the same time commonsense says practically it is nearly impossible to prove any such thing in court.

The gay groups should have kept the issue to decriminalization of what consenting adults do in bedroom and basic human rights; avoiding any kind of politicisation or talking about things like gay marriage and child adoption. When some court gave verdict about decriminalization; instead of quietly consolidating on it, there was huge noise by the media and American style parades and what not. That was bound to elicit negative reaction from a sill largely conservative society like India and there was stay over that judgement.
    Now no one will take any position on the issue because no matter what side court or government takes, media will create huge drama out of it making everyone uncomfortable and unlike Western countries Indians have many other livelihood issues to worry about at present.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016