NCTC: National Counterterrorism Center

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Refer to this thread and post #15 in particular.
http://defenceforumindia.com/politics-society/28511-splitting-linguistic-states-dangerous-federalism.html

There is something called Federalism.
So what.... if people want a seperate state why not give them.... and how long are we planning on fighting our selves....???? Creating many states all with equal population, so that no state becomes dominant and all the states become interested in welfare of the people and not fighting(moronically) with other neighboring states is Excellent for the country...

I would rather be in a country where politicians dont take us for granted(as idiots) and play the language card, religion card, caste card etc and rather focus on the development of its people....

And Dont trust those Dravidian(i mean seriously :laugh:) parties which RANT(falsely though) about Tamil nationalism and made us ignorant about our National language(Hindi) by which we lost our years of edge in Business and Education while on the same time justifying the promotion of their kids( Kanimoli, Maran) into politics as central ministers on the grounds that they know Hindi.... They are the greatest criminals, even more dangerous to the state than Pseudo-seculars

Param

So what.... if people want a seperate state why not give them.... and how long are we planning on fighting our selves....???? Creating many states all with equal population, so that no state becomes dominant and all the states become interested in welfare of the people and not fighting(moronically) with other neighboring states is Excellent for the country...

I would rather be in a country where politicians dont take us for granted(as idiots) and play the language card, religion card, caste card etc and rather focus on the development of its people....

And Dont trust those Dravidian(i mean seriously :laugh:) parties which RANT(falsely though) about Tamil nationalism and made us ignorant about our National language(Hindi) by which we lost our years of edge in Business and Education while on the same time justifying the promotion of their kids( Kanimoli, Maran) into politics as central ministers on the grounds that they know Hindi.... They are the greatest criminals, even more dangerous to the state than Pseudo-seculars
Bigger states are not the issue, breaking down existing states into smaller units will strengthen the centre.
I guess you are either not a supporter of Federalism or don't understand its importance in the Indian context.

This is not about Dravidian ideology
Go through the full thread particularly the links to the articles by CPM or CPI in some page.

Btw India does not have a "national" language. There are only official languages. There is a very long thread on that topic too.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Bigger states are not the issue, breaking down existing states into smaller units will strengthen the centre.
I guess you are either not a supporter of Federalism or don't understand its importance in the Indian context.

This is not about Dravidian ideology
Go through the full thread particularly the links to the articles by CPM or CPI in some page.

Btw India does not have a "national" language. There are only official languages. There is a very long thread on that topic too.
1. I am totally ok with the Strong Central govt... I think this is time for us to grow up....A strong India is possible only if we have a strong central govt....

2. Federalism means state has more power over the centre, meaning state can over rule and enforce any law it wants against the central govt... US is Federal we(Center always has more power than state in INDIA) are not... You should do more research on it if you dont believe me...

3. dont compare with US for convenience of argument... As you yourself have already told, they are more homogeneous....

4. Dont buy the Rubbish these politicians throw at us(thats what i wanted to say with the language)....

5. I think this is all political drama by the opposition..

6. Federalism should exist, for ease of administration and not for some stupid quasi nationalist view by a few Local parties who used and continued to USE it as a political tool to mask their corruption( what was our precious all Dravidian voice house MK pi* doing when Tamils were butchered and raped in Sri Lanka under the diplomatic and military support from India)...

7. We should get out of our constant dilemmas and hypocrisy first, what do you support??? A Central nationalistic government which listens and treats all citizens as equals hence acting as a unitary force or Some Bogey Regional nationalistic party which uses language to divide us and rule us( i mean if they really cared where were they on so many issues from cauvery water to srilankan tamils issue, we had 40 MPs for god's sake)....????

P. S:. I personally believe you must forget the BS those Dravidian parties fed us for the years and reboot your knowledge, you will come to know more about their( Dravidian parties) hypocrisy... I am a Dravidian too, but for me India as whole is more important....

Param

1. I am totally ok with the Strong Central govt... I think this is time for us to grow up....A strong India is possible only if we have a strong central govt....

2. Federalism means state has more power over the centre, meaning state can over rule and enforce any law it wants against the central govt... US is Federal we(Center always has more power than state in INDIA) are not... You should do more research on it if you dont believe me...

3. dont compare with US for convenience of argument... As you yourself have already told, they are more homogeneous....

4. Dont buy the Rubbish these politicians throw at us(thats what i wanted to say with the language)....

5. I think this is all political drama by the opposition..

6. Federalism should exist, for ease of administration and not for some stupid quasi nationalist view by a few Local parties who used and continued to USE it as a political tool to mask their corruption( what was our precious all Dravidian voice house MK pi* doing when Tamils were butchered and raped in Sri Lanka under the diplomatic and military support from India)...

7. We should get out of our constant dilemmas and hypocrisy first, what do you support??? A Central nationalistic government which listens and treats all citizens as equals hence acting as a unitary force or Some Bogey Regional nationalistic party which uses language to divide us and rule us( i mean if they really cared where were they on so many issues from cauvery water to srilankan tamils issue, we had 40 MPs for god's sake)....????

P. S:. I personally believe you must forget the BS those Dravidian parties fed us for the years and reboot your knowledge, you will come to know more about their( Dravidian parties) hypocrisy... I am a Dravidian too, but for me India as whole is more important....
You are very idealistic.

If you are really the age that you mentioned, I too was like that a few years ago. I grew up in the north.I was a BJP supporter. I was very "nationalistc" like most "nationalists" here.
I used to think that the "national" language should be made compulsory. I did not think very highly of "regional" parties particularly our very own dravidian parties.

I used to advise others on "nationalism" and centralization before reality dawned on me.

I guess it will take some more years for you to catch up.

PS: My thinking is not because of Dravidian ideology, I was fed "national" ideology in a school in Delhi associated with Arya Samaj.

Last edited:

mayfair

Hang on, the states are whingers..we need the UPA government to set up more such agencies..especially one to tackle terrorism...

Oh wait.....

Last edited:

Param

Hang on, the states are whingers..we need the UPA government to set up more such agencies..especially one to tackle terrorism...

Oh wait.....
I don't know what happened to UPA 2.

UPA 1 was not like this.
In the past 6 months the centre has been behaving as though they are still in the 80s.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You are very idealistic.

If you are really the age that you mentioned, I too was like that a few years ago. I grew up in the north.I was a BJP supporter. I was very "nationalistc" like most "nationalists" here.
I used to think that the "national" language should be made compulsory. I did not think very highly of "regional" parties particularly our very own dravidian parties.

I used to advise others on "nationalism" and centralization before reality dawned on me.

I guess it will take some more years for you to catch up.

PS: My thinking is not because of Dravidian ideology, I was fed "national" ideology in a school in Delhi associated with Arya Samaj.
whatever sir.... they cant do whatever they want if thats what you fear... just like Karthik Sri said We Hindus alone wont let any party bullying others in the name of religion or caste... so i dont think your fears are well founded.... but then again my knowledge is limited to my locality....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I don't know what happened to UPA 2.

UPA 1 was not like this.
In the past 6 months the centre has been behaving as though they are still in the 80s.
For me the entire UPA was like that , it dint matter 1 or 2.... Dont buy their load of crap about the supposed 9% growth...

they had no part in that... its alll because just then the projects initiated by NDA got over(golden quadrilateral, look east, Israel, you name it)....

These looters came along and took the growth for granted and failed to invest in any other projects.... and we have NOW growth slowing down and all.... Just see, if they lose UP and feel that they will lose the general elections:cool2::cool2:, then they will make sure that they will leave our country in the worst state possible for creating a mess for NDA , too big to handle:tsk::tsk:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I was not talking about economic policy.
But there has been no change in any of their policies either....???? was there...??? they did what they traditionally do... Play vote bank politics and pseudo-secularism....

Param

But there has been no change in any of their policies either....???? was there...??? they did what they traditionally do... Play vote bank politics and pseudo-secularism....
Since you are supporter of centralization and your views about federalism and "regional" parties are quite different from mine, what I was talking about may not seem significant.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Since you are supporter of centralization and your views about federalism and "regional" parties are quite different from mine, what I was talking about may not seem significant.
help me expand my knowledge THEN...!!!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
the mafia in usa was having a field day because of fedralism because local police could not cross the state border and the mafia could easily escape from one state to another. i believe for fbi the rules were amended that they have to not worry about state boundaries and could do whatever they want throughout the country, then only did the mafia get a death blow.

Param

the mafia in usa was having a field day because of fedralism because local police could not cross the state border and the mafia could easily escape from one state to another. i believe for fbi the rules were amended that they have to not worry about state boundaries and could do whatever they want throughout the country, then only did the mafia get a death blow.
If federalism is undercut then the same should be done to secularism too.

There are ample reasons _ political,social and internal security related.

We cannot always sight other countries as examples.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If federalism is undercut then the same should be done to secularism too.

There are ample reasons _ political,social and internal security related.

We cannot always sight other countries as examples.
Exactly so stop citing USA for Federalism...

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There is nothing wrong to cite other countries on some aspects.

Read carefully post # 54, I used the word always.
Thats what i meant too don't compare Apples(India) and Oranges(USA)

You are comparing a multi ethnic state with a homogenized one....

Or else it can be put forward like this.... you are comparing what you want to compare(federalism there) and omitting what is hurtful for your sentence....

Param

Thats what i meant too don't compare Apples(India) and Oranges(USA)

You are comparing a multi ethnic state with a homogenized one....
There are certain aspects that are comparable even between the most different countries.

If federalism is important in a homogenous country it is imperative in a diverse country.

No offence,I think you do not a have a proper understanding of Federalism. Federalism is not meant for administrative ease. For administrative purposes provincial system is enough.

Federalism is generally a feature in countries that have states or sub national units that are ethnically, linguistically distinct from each other.
The founding fathers of this country supported Federalism and ensured it is protected by the constitution.
It is the constitution of India that supports Federalism.

It is not a creation of "regional" parties. It is not something bad or anti national. It is law.

Last edited:

Param

FBI I believe is autonomous or atleast not used as a political tool by the Federal govt of the US.
I'm sure it is not politicised like our own agencies.

I have no problem if the NCTC is a completely neutral, autonomous organisation that is not used as tool by the centre.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There are certain aspects that are comparable even between the most different states.

If federalism is important in a homogenous country it is imperative in a diverse country.

No offence,I think you do not a have a proper understanding of Federalism. Federalism is not meant for administrative ease. For administrative purposes provincial system is enough.

Federalism is generally a feature in countries that have states or sub national units that are ethnically, linguistically distinct from each other.
The founding fathers of this country supported Federalism and ensured it is protected by the constitution.
It is the constitution of India that supports Federalism.

It is not a creation of "regional" parties. It is not something bad or anti national. It is law.

Whoof..... So what who said We will destroy the states here....!!!! Federalism with increased Central presence ....!!!!! Dont say that this is some thing new for india... we dont have a proper federation... get your facts right... Center has the power to over rule the state legislature.... But in a federation, state can can over rule the legislation by center....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles