Navy orders 8 tejas fighter jets

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas

I believe this pic may be wrong. Just found this image from aero India 2011. Total external stores of LCA are capped at 3500 kg.

The pylons and the wing have the capacity to support that much load of more than 5 tons. But due to the 84 KN thrust of present engine it can only lift 3.7 ton is my assumption.

This is one of the reason ADA says that there may not be major weight gains on tejas mk-2 as the structures required to lift 5 plus ton weight is already present in mk-1.DECKLANDER CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON IT.

Future higher thrust engine in mk-1 will allow it to lift that much weight is also my assumption.

Since tejas has one of the lowest wing loading per kg of weight ,it has enough lifting potential for that much weight.Only problem is the lack of thrust from the present engine and some problems with air intake which seems to be worked on because the LSP-7 has aerodynamically reshaped air intake with aux air intake like JAG.Only further test flight will reveal that.

The main purpose of developing NLCA in mk-1 version is to finish most of the engineering regarding landing gear extra strengthening of the air frame ahead in time, so that when mk-2 is ready it can easily be configured into naval role. Also future engine changes and lighter anti ship missiles that are going to be developed for AMCA will give a fresh leash of life to these NLCA mk-1is the only logical conclusion we can arrive at.

It is this planning for the future which makes navy to fully back the program unlike naysayers elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles