Navjot Singh Sidhu is having tough time in politics as BJP MP

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Black Cats, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Black Cats

Black Cats Regular Member

Navjot Singh Sidhu is having tough time in politics as BJP MP says wife Navjot Kaur

New Delhi: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu wife Navjot Kaur Sidhu has alleged in a Facebook post tht her husband is facing troubles being in politics. In the post, she has announced that Sidhu may leave politics.
    Navjot Kaur has alleged that her husband is having a tough time in politics as a Bharatiya Janata Party MP because he is being pressured to support corruption. She claimed Sidhu has switched over to doing television shows because he was sidelined.
    Navjot Kaur’s Facebook post said, “How can you let an honest leader survive? One who does not believe in corruption, does not support criminals, does not become party to commission system, what good can he do to party? So, finally you pair up to push him aside, make him feel suffocated in the system.”
    Sidhu, who is the Amritsar MP, has not been to the city for the past several months and has signed contracts for various TV shows.
    Justifying his absence Kaur said “I Want to tell people of Amritsar that Navjot Sidhu is not running away,he felt suffocated so staying away for sometime”
    Reports say Sidhu is upset as he was denied a post in the party national executive.

Source:
    LiveIndia.tv

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  3. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

You gotta give it to him. His body language, the way he comes across, the way he looks into your eyes and talks, it is quite obvious, despite being outspoken, he is a clean guy. You cannot be in politics and be clean. He should go back to doing what he does best - cricket. Start an academy and groom youngsters in cricket. Politics is not meant for the honest folks.

Tronic likes this.
  4. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

His past may not be the cleanest and I used to have a very critical view of him (I know the family whose member he allegedly killed), but I know for a fact that he is not a corrupt man, just a very hot tempered one. I know I am in no position to say this, but everyone makes mistakes, and so did Sidhu. He has gone through a lot for the mistake he made, and it was unintentional. Don't see a lot of clean men like him in politics.

Singh likes this.
  5. Black Cats

Black Cats Regular Member

Navjot Singh Sidhu 'made to feel suffocated for his honesty', alleges wife; is he planning to quit BJP?

BJP MP from Amritsar Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife Navjot Kaur Sidhu has stirred a controversy in the party's state unit by commenting on social networking site Facebook saying that her husband had switched over to the television world because he was "made to feel suffocated in the system for his honesty".

The cricketer-turned-politician has not been in the city for the past few months and has signed contracts for various TV shows. Apart from participating in the reality show Bigg Boss, Sidhu has also been commentating in the ongoing Twenty-20 tournament Indian Premier League (IPL).

Apart from dealing with infighting in the BJP, Sidhu also had differences with the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) over the issue of municipal corporation elections.

Political observers feel Sidhu has been nursing a grudge against the BJP leadership for being denied a post in the new team of president Rajnath Singh.

BJP sources also said that senior party leaders were not happy with him for being a part of the Bigg Boss show. Later, when Sidhu went to Gujarat for campaigning, he criticised BJP rebel Keshubhai Patel, which RSS and senior leaders of the party did not like.

The BJP MP could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.

However, his wife justified venting of ire on Facebook, saying, "Everyone has right to express feelings on social networking sites. Many people share things with me on my page and I have shared mine. Right now Sidhu is out of the city. Once he is back things would be clear. There is something going on in his mind."

Source:
    indiatoday.intotoday.in

6. pmaitra

I vaguely remember that. He punched that guy and he died. Nobody punches with the intention to kill. Obviously, the other guy had some internal weakness, and I don't buy the allegation that he was saved just because he was a cricketer. I have been elbow-punched in my ribs so many times, and this is bound to happen to anyone who plays soccer, and at times it felt like I was going to die. The human body isn't so easy to destroy. I became his fan from the moment he took his bat to beat up that Pakistani wicket-keeper (what is name?).

VIP and Ankit Purohit like this.
  7. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

The victim was an elderly man, who died of a heart attack after Sidhu dragged him out of the car and started beating him.

And Sidhu wasn't saved... He's already been convicted for culpable homicide and sentenced to serve 10 years in jail.. He's out because politicians in India are above the law..

8. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

he need to do work hard , he has to work for party and for the peoples

9. pmaitra

I see. I didn't know the details.

So he still has a jail term on him. I really don't wanna see him sent to jail, but the law is the law.

10. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

I believe Sidhu was actually remorseful over that incident, and he has changed his life around for the better.

Fact is no one who is clean can survive in Politics, and even if someone who is clean wants to change the system from within the system like Kejriwal are treated with suspicion and contempt.

I think, the Indian psyche likes a flashy leader, with bodyguards, cars, morally bankrupt and who indulges in partisanship

thakur_ritesh, sob, pmaitra and 2 others like this.
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Politics is Dog eat Dog.

I like Sidhu, except that because he has the same name as his wife, I don't know when one is talking about him and when one is talking about his wife.

I also like Badal junior's wife (damn difficult to remember her name because it is long and complicated). A real feisty lady, but who has the facts on her finger tips!

Amarinder, being a Prince or a King, if you wish, is a gentleman!

12. Singh

Harsimrat Kaur Badal nee Majithia. A most feisty and ambitious lady.

13. Ray

Very few Sardars are cool as a cucumber!

He proves the rule!

Manmohan is the rare exception where nothing on earth can make him lose his temper!

sob, pmaitra, VIP and 3 others like this.
  14. Ray

From the same Majithia family which is in politics?

I think there was a Defence Minister who was a Majithia!

what a lady, this Harsimrat.

What does Harsimrat mean?

15. Singh

Yes, from the family of Majithia Sirdars. Majithia Sirdars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HarSimrat means One who constantly dwells on/remembers the Lord

16. Ray

I don't know why Sidhu should feel peeved that he was not given a position in Rajnath Singh's kitchen cabinet.

Many taller leaders also have missed the boat, like Yeshwant Singha, Jaswant Singh and the ex Education Minister (I forget his name) apart from the CMs of MP and Chhatisgarh.

All have good reasons to grouse and froth at the bit!

17. Ray

Thanks.

The Badals are related to a friend of mine, who was killed in SL and won a gallantry award. But then, they are not too 'friendly' (if that would explain the situation). I wanted to ask the wife of my friend who was recently in my hometown and stayed with us, but then I thought it would not be a proper to ask and so I gave it a go by!

HarSimrat - a cute name, but difficult to remember. like her on the TV debates. Sharp and quick witted and takes on the others in a neat and feisty way without being crass and offensive like Mani Shankar Aiyer.

Hopefully she remembers the Lord! :)

Another chap I like is Gujral of the Akali Dal. A gentleman in his discussion. He is clean shaven, Is he a Sardar?

18. Singh

Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh are pariahs now. They have gone against the party line many a times.
    CMs have power in their states.
    Sidhu has always towed party line, and in his mind did all that he could and more for the party, perhaps he thinks he deserves more autonomy, responsibility, power ?

19. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Sidhu was the best thing happened to BJP Punjab. He is one of my favorite politician. It will be BJP's lose if he quits.

20. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Appears that Siddhu hoped for a party post. He did not get it and hence feels stifled. Happens.

21. Singh

@Ray no gujral is not a sikh, he is ik gujrals son iirc

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015