Naval MRCA contest. Lockheed offers F-35 to IN

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Indian GDP is barely $2 Trillion and IN has 6 Submarines U/C costing $700 million each, 3 Destroyers U/C which cost a bloody $1 Billion each, an Aircraft Carrier U/C, 2 SSBN U/C and 1 SSN on a lease from Russia in addition to P-8 purchase fron US.

Instead of prioritizing the purchases and limiting the capabilities to a minimum deterence level Indian Armed forces are going on full throttle for full blown offensive capabilities which in a way is injustice to Poor People of India.

Limit/Cancel the purchase of foreign maal like MRCA $15 Billion Deal, invest in Strategic Capabilities (BM, CM, ABM, Nuclear Weapons, Radars, EW, etc.) and defensive capabilities. I dont see a need for AC and LPD considering the ecomomic mess we are in. It will take at the least 10 years to come out of this mess and we will be relatively well off.

The reasons some people give like MMRCA deal will come with ToT for next gen stuff is complete Bullshit. If we have so much money to spare why not invest some in indigenous stuff like LCA and prioritize Production Engineering.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ninja85

SPIEZ

Country flag
Indian GDP is barely $2 Trillion and IN has 6 Submarines U/C costing $700 million each, 3 Destroyers U/C which cost a bloody $1 Billion each, an Aircraft Carrier U/C, 2 SSBN U/C and 1 SSN on a lease from Russia in addition to P-8 purchase fron US.

Instead of prioritizing the purchases and limiting the capabilities to a minimum deterence level Indian Armed forces are going on full throttle for full blown offensive capabilities which in a way is injustice to Poor People of India.

Limit/Cancel the purchase of foreign maal like MRCA $15 Billion Deal, invest in Strategic Capabilities (BM, CM, ABM, Nuclear Weapons, Radars, EW, etc.) and defensive capabilities. I dont see a need for AC and LPD considering the ecomomic mess we are in. It will take at the least 10 years to come out of this mess and we will be relatively well off.

The reasons some people give like MMRCA deal will come with ToT for next gen stuff is complete Bullshit. If we have so much money to spare why not invest some in indigenous stuff like LCA and prioritize Production Engineering.

I totally agree with you?

What is the need of an A/C now?

Very few countries have them currently. And what about it's maintenance cost?

China w 8.2 trillion GDP and an advanced weapons producing state it building it's first one. And considering it's relationship with its hostile neighbor, it really requires one.

Soldiers in Kashmir are fighting with poor gear, Body amour pierced by bullets very easily. Why not use the same for our soldiers.

However I disagree with you on one point. We need nuclear subs just a deterrent against an over enthusiastic trigger happy neighbor or any future agressor.

Why not invest in cruise missiles + drones?

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Let shift India to moon, There is no need for defense budget .. ;)

A country with such a trouble past and present so does future cannot lag behind, As of people that is ' we ' need to be more careful in our chosing leaders and spending so does removing corruption in our daily lives ..

Start correction from within to outside, Country will change with your change .. :)

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
However I disagree with you on one point. We need nuclear subs just a deterrent against an over enthusiastic trigger happy neighbor or any future agressor.
I never said we dont need Nuclear Submarines but just raised the issue of viability of those 6 Scorpene Subs U/C.

I am all in for full blown Nuclear Deterence but just not on Aircraft Carriers, LPD and such show-pieces.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
I never said we dont need Nuclear Submarines but just raised the issue of viability of those 6 Scorpene Subs U/C.

Scorpenes will surely bring in much needed tech. It's definitely required.

But IN is spending far too much on imaginary war.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Scorpenes will surely bring in much needed tech. It's definitely required.

But IN is spending far too much on imaginary war.
What Technology? I remember reading about IN issuing RFP for 6 new Conventional Submarines for $11.1 Billion.

SPIEZ

Country flag
What Technology? I remember reading about IN issuing RFP for 6 new Conventional Submarines for $11.1 Billion.

Sonar etc...

Besides they might also aide nuclear submarines by providing buddy sorties or detecting potential aggressors.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Indian economy is 2 trillion $ per annum. These deals are spread over many years. Our defence budget is amongst the lowest of all major powers and can sufficiently cover all these purchases.

I believe all these deals are very important both for deterrence, power projection and foreign policy goals.

he-man

only a fool will say that we need to go for f-35,lol

USA is not anyone's friend as shown by the devyani khobragade case.

whats the use of getting f-35 if the danger to get sanctioned looms over us at all the times??
that said we must upgrade mig-29k radars as soon as development of zhuk-ae or fga-35 radar is complete.

zhuk-me is a radar dood for 10 years back,its tech is at least 2 generations behind modern aesas and when gaN aesas come(in next 10 years),,it will be 3 generations behind.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
only a fool will say that we need to go for f-35,lol

USA is not anyone's friend as shown by the devyani khobragade case.

whats the use of getting f-35 if the danger to get sanctioned looms over us at all the times??
that said we must upgrade mig-29k radars as soon as development of zhuk-ae or fga-35 radar is complete.

zhuk-me is a radar dood for 10 years back,its tech is at least 2 generations behind modern aesas and when gaN aesas come(in next 10 years),,it will be 3 generations behind.
Can you compare any Russian Jets Vs F 35 B ..Which one is Superior in our IAC 1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles