Naval Barak-8 Missiles, Israel, India

tejas warrior

Country flag
India developed ghanta I mean 0% and its 100% Jew .

Thanks to our Jew brothers helping us to upgrade our defence
The work share was divided, with 30 per cent going to the DRDO, which was charged with developing the LR-SAM’s solid-fuel, two-pulse propulsion motors. Israeli company, Rafael, has developed the rest of the interceptor missile. IAI has built the rest of the systems, including the sophisticated MF-STAR radar.

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/12/lr-sam-operationalised-indian-navy.html

salute

The work share was divided, with 30 per cent going to the DRDO, which was charged with developing the LR-SAM’s solid-fuel, two-pulse propulsion motors. Israeli company, Rafael, has developed the rest of the interceptor missile. IAI has built the rest of the systems, including the sophisticated MF-STAR radar.

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2015/12/lr-sam-operationalised-indian-navy.html
@Blackwater

sometimes you give so much and unnecessary sarcasm,

india provided dual pulse engine for the missile.

Country flag
so india gonna trust them and buy half their weapons production, :laugh:
no biggie americans and chinese do such favours to paki all the time, :laugh:

but now this is about weapons production.
It builds a relationship. India is not forced to buy from Israel. There must be obvious advantages? No need to be a whipping boy like Pakistan to get third class weapons.
India is a nation that does charity we don't
want to be receipients of charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
no biggie americans and chinese do such favours to paki all the time,
pakis are unique creatures you know.
They love to lick boots of biggies.
US in past, now, China and also moving to Russia.
They were licking the feet of Modi too despite of the fact that he went pakistan without visa.
Here's the case of Israel. So, Israel has no reason for cheating India nor India has any reason of not to trust them.
Israel is surrounded by blood monger terrorist countries.
West can also help them to a limit.
Meanwhile, India being a big guy just to the next door, can handle all of them alone. Plus both countries have same stance on terrorism.
So, it is usual, if they ask India for help in that case. Similarly, India can ask them for technical corporation as a country like Israel can't betray India.
Otherwise, they may loose their nearest friend which could help them in a war with surrounding nations.

Blackwater

In that case, Israel could have gone alone. At least, their budget is enough for funding of whole project.
Yet Israel is a technologically advanced nation, it also lacks some techs in which India has edge. Similarly, India is behind them in some technologies. Joint Venture solved problems of both.
:)

Again thanks to our Jew brothers for helping us

Blackwater

@Blackwater

sometimes you give so much and unnecessary sarcasm,

india provided dual pulse engine for the missile.

Kya baat Kar raha ha yaar . Kaveri engine to bana nahi 17-18 salo me DRDO se . Puls engine kitho ban Gaya [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

kstriya

Country flag
Kya baat Kar raha ha yaar . Kaveri engine to bana nahi 17-18 salo me DRDO se . Puls engine kitho ban Gaya [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
Oye Kalapani, pulse motor aur gas turbine engine Mein farak hota hai..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Bhai ji Jet Engine nahin, baki naval, drone, vehicles aur missile engines toh kafi hain.
, a new drone engine and two new aircraft engines one MANIK and other don't remember name are underway. One of them was successfully tested for thrust of 25kN in first try. We need 40kN for Tejas. Toh thodé time main ban hi jayega. First project kaunsa successful hua hi. Agni 1 bhi fisaddi thi.

hardip

No, I said Barak 8= LRSAM ~ CIWS.
Barak 8 is an LRSAM capability to play role of CIWS. :biggrin2:

Oooo.. CIWS.. know this is Defence system method..

read this..

A close-in weapon system (CIWS) , often pronounced
" sea-whiz ," is a point-defense weapon for detecting and
destroying short-range incoming missiles and enemy
aircraft which have penetrated the outer defenses,
typically mounted shipboard in a naval capacity. Nearly
all classes of modern warships are equipped with some
kind of CIWS device.
There are two types of CIWS systems. A gun-based CIWS
usually consists of a combination of radars, computers,
and multiple-barrel , rotary rapid-fire cannons placed on a
rotating gun mount. Missile systems use infra-red ,
passive radar/ESM or semi-active radar terminal
guidance to guide missiles to the targeted enemy aircraft
or other threats. In some cases, CIWS are used on land to
protect military bases.
Gun systems
A gun-based CIWS usually consists of a combination of
radars, computers, and multiple-barrel , rotary rapid-fire
cannons placed on a rotating, automatically-aimed gun
mount. Examples of gun-based CIWS products...

(by Wikipedia)

now u know CIWS never be a LR-SAM.. because this system only for colse in weapon system..

hardip

Israel did free favors in kargil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes.. bro. this is Good sign for..us.

Isreali always.. back us blindly.. also sell us billion $ weaponry and give highly sophisticated military technology..

after india.. votes many time against Isreal.. in UN for Palestine

I think.. very good.. India Isreal friendship..
Jai hind

Chinmoy

Country flag
It would be wrong to say that Kaveri was not built. Kaveri was infact a working Jet engine, but where it lacked is to provide the required thrust of 90 KN as demanded by IAF. So technically you cant say that Kaveri was not a development.

We are too ready to see a failure but too resilient to show appreciation.

Blackwater

Bhai ji Jet Engine nahin, baki naval, drone, vehicles aur missile engines toh kafi hain.
, a new drone engine and two new aircraft engines one MANIK and other don't remember name are underway. One of them was successfully tested for thrust of 25kN in first try. We need 40kN for Tejas. Toh thodé time main ban hi jayega. First project kaunsa successful hua hi. Agni 1 bhi fisaddi thi.

Bhai asaal me [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]DRDO fisaadi ha

Gessler

Country flag
Many people dismiss Barak-8's capability, citing it's low speed of Mach 2 as a disadvantage compared to contemporary SAMs in it's class like the existing MBDA Aster family, which have speeds of about Mach 4.

What these people don't realize is that LRSAM is a dual-pulse missile. The first pulse (boost motor) gives the
missile lift and time to adjust course & find it's target. The 2nd pulse kicks in later and drives the missiles to velocities of between Mach 5 to Mach 7.

Another aspect is the missile's g-stress tolerance in lateral acceleration that is upto 80g, which is incredible for a long-range radar-guided SAM of this size & weight. Comparable Aster has 12g. AB Missiles like THAAD are believed to max out at 60g. The small SPYDER missiles have a maximum of 76g.

Also, recent tests have shown that LRSAM has surpassed it's anticipated range parameters, clocking in upto 90km instead of previously estimated 70km. This entails that the Barak-8ER version (with an additional booster section like Aster-30) could have ranges in the region of ~150km.

LRSAM has been a successful project. A bright idea converted into a practical system, a symbol of what the states of India & Israel can achieve together.

Last edited:

guru-dutt

Many people dismiss Barak-8's capability, citing it's low speed of Mach 2 as a disadvantage compared to contemporary SAMs in it's class like the existing MBDA Aster family, which have speeds of about Mach 4.

What these people don't realize is that LRSAM is a dual-pulse missile. The first pulse (boost motor) gives the
missile lift and time to adjust course & find it's target. The 2nd pulse kicks in later and drives the missiles to velocities of between Mach 5 to Mach 7.

Another aspect is the missile's g-stress tolerance in lateral acceleration that is upto 80g, which is incredible for a long-range radar-guided SAM of this size & weight. Comparable Aster has 12g. AB Missiles like THAAD are believed to max out at 60g. The small SPYDER missiles have a maximum of 76g.

Also, recent tests have shown that LRSAM has surpassed it's anticipated range parameters, clocking in upto 90km instead of previously estimated 70km. This entails that the Barak-8ER version (with an additional booster section like Aster-30) could have ranges in the region of ~150km.

LRSAM has been a successful project. A bright idea converted into a practical system, a symbol of what the states of India & Israel can achieve together.
But what is stopping Israel to make a air to air version of the same missile i am no engineer tell me bro is that a practical option to go for ?

Gessler

Country flag
But what is stopping Israel to make a air to air version of the same missile i am no engineer tell me bro is that a practical option to go for ?
Theoretically possible. But it'll be one giant-a$$ AAM if actually used like that, the diameter is like 4 times that of AMRAAM/Meteor. Which will limit it's options as very few aircraft can possibly carry and launch it.

rohit b3

Country flag

Barak 8 has a Top speed of around Mach 4, mentioned in a recent report..Broadsword or Livefist i think, dont remember.
Btw, can you give a source for the mentioned g loading of these SAMs?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles