National Geographic: Secret Lives Of Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by bhramos, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

The TRUTH is known to everyone, but no one agrees with this as it may shake the foundation of CHRISTIANITY which has been followed in various forms around the world for 2000 years.

JESUS is known as ISHA NATH in INDIA. He is a saint like many other saints in INDIA who lived, who are living and who will live forever in INDIA.

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There is no end to speculations!

5. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

first and foremost the messiahs preachings are in Armaic or Syriac and these original copes are supposed to be with mallu syrian christians.Brigadier even Judas has written a gospel about his betrayal

6. Ray

Iam,

I am an animist.

I have no religion even though I have interest in Christianity (for undisclosed reasons) and Islam.

Jesus, in one of the books I read, is an alien descending on Earth by a spacecraft and hence the bright star over Bethlehem!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  7. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

The gnostic texts were written centuries after his death. That is why they were kicked out at Nicea for the first hand accounts. Not to mention they had nothing in common with each other while the added text told the same story from different view points. There was no Bible until 325, so people were still writing stories for their own purposes.

8. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

As a Christian I think it is amusing that people would accept that hypothesis over the divinity of Christ.

Don't think DFI needs a long thread on the subject!

9. Ray

Try this

Anything sensational catches the fertile imagination of the modern man!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

I always found it amusing how Jesus is depicted as having white skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair, even though he is from a region of the world where those characteristics are rather uncommon (to say the least).

asianobserve likes this.
  11. lemontree

lemontree Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Not much is known about Jesus from the age of 12 to 30. What is it that will shake the foundation of Christianity?

12. Ray

Some say Jesus is a Kashmiri and an Indian Hatha Yogi and so he could walk over water.

Kashmiris are fair and have blue eyes too! If you go to Guraiz, it is as if one has walked into Russia. Huge, bulky in a muscular way, flaxen hair and blue eyes.

If you see some of the Middle East people, they look similar to Europeans.

Here is the image of Halla Gorani. Gorani was born in Seattle, Washington, United States, to Syrian parents from Aleppo, but was mainly raised in Paris, France. She has also lived in Algeria

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  13. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

The people who say Jesus was a Kashmiri are lunatics.

The vast majority of West Asian/Semitic people have dark hair and relatively dark eyes. In all likelihood Jesus was no different. I saw a study once which reconstructed Jesus' appearance based on available data; his figure was typical of West Asians. I will try to find that study if I can.

14. Ray

What is interesting is this:

15. Ray

Several authors have claimed to have found proof of the existence of manuscripts in India and Tibet that support the belief that Christ was in India during this time in his life. Others cite legends in a number of places in the region that Jesus passed that way in ancient times.[SUP][1][/SUP] The Jesus in India manuscript was first reported in modern times by Nicolas Notovitch (1894). Subsequently several other authors have written on the subject, including the religious leader Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (founder of Ahmadiyya movement) (1899), Levi H. Dowling (1908), Swami Abhedananda (1922),[SUP][2][/SUP] Nicholas Roerich (1923–1928),[SUP][1][/SUP] Mathilde Ludendorff (1930), Elizabeth Clare Prophet (founder of Ascended Master Teachings New Age group) (1956)[SUP][3][/SUP] and more recently Holger Kersten[SUP][4][/SUP] in his book Jesus Lived in India (1981).

[h=3]Bhavishya Maha Purana[/h] According to Kersten, the Hindu Bhavishya Maha Purana, in the Pratisargaarvan (19.17-32), a 19th century redaction of a text purporting to tell future events, describes the arrival of Jesus thus:
    "One day, Shalivahana, the chief of the Shakas, came to a snowy mountain (assumed to be in the Indian Himalayas). There, in the Land of the Hun (= Ladakh, a part of the Kushan empire), the powerful king saw a handsome man sitting on a mountain, who seemed to promise auspiciousness. His skin was like copper and he wore white garments. The king asked the holy man who he was. The other replied: 'I am called Isaputra (son of God), born of a virgin, minister of the non-believers, relentlessly in search of the truth.' O king, lend your ear to the religion that I brought unto the non-believers ... Through justice, truth, meditation, and unity of spirit, man will find his way to Isa (God, in Sanskrit) who dwells in the centre of Light, who remains as constant as the sun, and who dissolves all transient things forever. The blissful image of Isa, the giver of happiness, was revealed in the heart; and I was called Isa-Masih (Jesus the Messiah).'"[SUP][13]

[/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_years_of_Jesus

16. Ray

Faith is but belief of the individual.

If it weren't so, there would not have been so many religions or so many interpretations!

17. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

Why care for Jesus?? Only look at what he said!

18. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic."

HeinzGud likes this.