National Arms Act must be lowered

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by shom, Feb 6, 2013.

1. shom

shom Regular Member

National Arms act better known as Arms Act 1959 must be amended to make sure the safety of our society. Recently I bought a flip knife for my Girl friend for her safety as we live in Kolkata (once well known for safety) which is recently in headlines for rising crime graph. She was afraid of carrying it with her and feared that she may be arrested by police. I clarified her that a flip knife untill has a blade more than 7 inches and both side sharpened doesnt needs a license. But to my Opinion the raising crime rate specially crime against women government should take a look into the matter and make necessary changes in the arms act so that girls can carry at least a .22 bore with them for their safety. Though the arms act 1959 doesnt prohibits them to carry or buy one but the licensing authorities do prohibits on the grounds of reason. where as the reason of safety is enough for a woman. This is entirely my opinion and needs correction and views regarding this.

3. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

4. shom

shom Regular Member

Much sensible but sumtimes these sprays sends a message to the criminals that the person they are attacking are retaliating due to fear and not becoz they can retaliate,,, whereas guns or sharp weapons sends a msg which creates a panic for the attackers,,,. Also a pepper spray is only useful when u get the attacker's eyes but if the attackers have glasses then it is useless.

Razor and W.G.Ewald like this.
  5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Pepper spray may antagonize an armed attacker. A woman jogging near here was shot to death when she used pepper spray on an assailant.

Don't bring a knife (or pepper-spray) to a gun-fight.

6. shom

shom Regular Member

But you can use a knife against a knife and Guns are the best for this,,, thats why I want our gun laws shud be lowered so that a person who really needs a gun can get it ,,,. By strengthening gun laws what happens is those criminals acquires a gun illegally and uses it and we civillians who needs it cannot acquire it.

parijataka and W.G.Ewald like this.
  7. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

i once saw Delhi police notification that said that 4 inch blade is against prohibited in Delhi. It was filed in arms act case.

shom likes this.
  8. shom

shom Regular Member

See so we cant defend ourselves. Those who are keeping sharp weapons for crime police cant stop them by strengthening laws ,, laws should be implicated ,,,,

9. shom

shom Regular Member

Seems I have posted duplicate thread ,, sorry guyzzzz there is already a thread on this issue ,,, am utterly sorry for this didnt knew,, plzz ignore my fault.

10. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

The admins and mods are discussing your fate tight now.

Just kidding. :)

shom likes this.
  11. shom

shom Regular Member

Nooooooooooo:shocked: plzzz consider me this tym,, I am new to this forum ,,, save my soul ,,, I am Sorryyyyyyyyy:frusty:

arnabmit likes this.