Nathuram Godse's last words

Tronic

Good question. Much of what happened to him after his arrest is obscure and unknown. In the past six decades the Governments both Congress and non-Congress ones have systematically tried to censor information about Godse. It is not specifically known when exactly this letter was leaked by which exact book. However you can take this letter to be authentic because the same has been cited in various websites, some which praise Gandhi.
However, it is in our interest to let the truth be known and you are encouraged to disprove the authenticity of this letter if it is indeed so.
That doesn't prove the letter to be authentic.

I'm no fan of Gandhi, nor Ghodse; so either way, I'm content with knowing the truth. However, citing Internet sites, copy pasting each other, does not prove authenticity!

parijataka

Country flag
Perhaps Nehru with his ambition to become Prime Minister of India was more culpable in the partition of India. Gandhiji was a rather eccentric personality IMHO but he was able to unite the whole of India in those days when journeys took weeks and days across the country.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Thanks for Sharing..

Interesting to know about his mindset, I know little about this man..
As always, a pleasure.
Indeed, the enigma which surrounds the most infamous (or famous, if you will) assassin in Indian history never seems to dissipate. The main reason being the censorship. IMHO after all these years, maybe the nation will be able to accept the truth. Information shouldn't be restrained anymore.
That doesn't prove the letter to be authentic.

I'm no fan of Gandhi, nor Ghodse; so either way, I'm content with knowing the truth. However, citing Internet sites, copy pasting each other, does not prove authenticity!
Yes, I do agree. I should have said that it "perhaps" proves its authenticity. For all we know, this letter might be a work of fiction until and unless it has been officially recognised. However, having said that, it is highly unlikely that the whole of the letter is fabricated, cause, mind you, Godse thought along these lines only.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles