Narendra Modi story a hoax - Times of India Clarifies

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by anoop_mig25, Jul 14, 2013.

1. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Narendra Modi story a hoax - Times of India Clarifies

Bangalore, July 14: The manner in which the media has twisted Narendra Modi's comments in a recent interview to Reuters are a good example of how Media creates controversies around Narendra Modi and then goes on milk those controversies for weeks to generate traffic, eyeballs and TRPs. The media reporting on Narendra Modi's visit to Uttarakhand last month was no different when that visit was turned into a controversy for weeks thanks to a report in the Times of India on 23rd June.

It now turns out that the Times of India report of 23rd June attributing claims to Narendra Modi was a false and mischievous report. The Times of India has now belatedly issued a lame clarification almost 3 weeks after the fact. The Times of India clarification has appeared today as a small insert in an inner page in one of its local editions. In the clarification the Times of India admits to its mistake and also admits that its mistake created a huge controversy for Narendra Modi for no fault of Mr Modi. The clarification also admits that all the exaggeration in that report was due to Times of India. The clarification makes it clear that neither did Narendra Modi, nor did the Gujarat Government have anything to do with the mischevious report. It is shocking that the Times of India filed such an irresponsible report without checking with Narendra Modi or Government of Gujarat. It is also mischevious that the Times of India milked the controversy for so many weeks by allowing the Congress Party and other anti-Modi elements to take advantage of this report to write slanderous and defamatory columns as well as run a motivated campaign in Social Media. This lame excuse by Times of India coming 3 weeks after the damage was done is a case of doing too little too late.

Narendra Modi story a hoax - Times of India Clarifies - Oneindia News

This is why I never take the media as the Gospel Truth.

Remember the Radia Tapes.

Paid news is not a new phenomenon!

Patriot and A chauhan like this.
  4. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

It Modi starts suing each and every news agency/channel who spreading false reports he can become a millionaire. :truestory:

I bet NDTV will go bankrupt. :lol:

Vishwarupa, Patriot and VIP like this.
  5. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

Ab Pachhataya kya Hot Hai Jab Chiriya Chug gayi Khet...

6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

TOI & regret ?? Better you say Muh me Raam bagal me chhuri. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

"Modi in Rambo Act . . ." would mean Modi was shooting down Hind helicopters using a bow and arrow, if taken literally, i.e.. If not taken literally, one can be rather imaginative. Now, even if reports of Modi or Gujarat govt. giving food/shelter/medicine is true, then he did save some of the victims of the disaster.

What's the big deal about banging one's head about ToI? ToI owed everyone a clarification, but I do not see why ToI should offer an apology, but if that soothes some frayed nerves, ToI should do it.

One is however entitled to criticize media, and ToI is not a saint either.

This title is an example of exaggeration. The term "hoax" is completely inappropriate considering what actually happened. It is just a cheap bashing of one medium by another.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

[​IMG]