Narendra Modi LIVE

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Raj30, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

Ajay devgan hosting the show

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    VIP and thakur_ritesh like this.
  3. Hanging out with NaMo: ‘NRIs should participate in election process’ | Firstpost

Narendra Modi: I am looking forward to the day when Americans will be in queue for an Indian visa. E-passport is not far away. But I am not sure when the Central government will do that. If the Centre allows me I shall digitise all passports within a year.

9.28pm: Governance is not like fire brigade where we only react.

9.25pm: There is no power cut in Gujarat. My idea is to create a rural-urban connect where the soul is of the rural bent but with an urban touch. In Gujarat all 18,000 villages are broadband connected where we use e-governance technologies.

9.15pm: The Naroda Patiya conviction might have put NaMo in a spot, but he seems to have waded out of the mess in the video chat by zesty patriotic declarations. “For me secularism is India first. Even a micro-minority like the Parsis from Iran stay in Gujarat happily.” “However, people have distorted the idea of secularism for their own benefits, given it a completely new meaning. We shouldn’t let it happen. There’s no problem for anyone in my state,” he adds. Note how he skirts past all things ‘minority’. That’s some verbal cricketing!

9.10PM: Modi plays to the gallery and how! To a question posed by a Pawan Kumar Bansal, Modi starts off rather poetically,”The pain in your heart for the country, is India’s biggest strength.” Devgn, we hope, is taking notes!

9.05PM: Effusive in his praise for Google Plus, Narendra Modi finally enters in style after a brief, rather dull, introduction by Ajay Devgn. Modi throws in a bit of humour in his apology and says that probably traffic policemen might not have had to handle this amount of traffic like the people at Google had to in the past one year.

9.00PM: Fashionably late, yes,but Ajay Devgn finally is on YouTube!

8.45pm: The official site of Narendra Modi continues being down and the YouTube channel isn’t live anymore. YouTube India had promised 15 minutes back on Twitter that the chat will go live soon – seems like ‘soon’ isn’t in sight yet.

8.20pm: Good news for Modi and Devgn! These men have fans! And how many! Narendra Modi’s official website and the YouTube channel both went down even before the chat could take off. Villain: Too much online love, we’re guessing! However, Modi tweeted the following:

Swami Vivekananda, Ajay Devgn, Google Hang-out and Narendra Modi – difficult to imagine in a single sentence, but the Gujarat CM is all set to make it possible. A tech-savvy Modi, or his image managers, have organised a Google Hang-out live video chat where political controversy’s favourite child is supposed to take questions from the aam janta between chit-chatting with Ajay Devgn. While he might just wrestle a few more voters away from the Congress with his tech-coolness if the video chat is successful, he might also be given a refresher’s course in beauty if some caller fancies.

The possibilities are many, one can only hope, diplomacy decides to skip this one event, big on India’s net calendar.

Raj30, Jim Street and parijataka like this.
  4. 10.20pm: “I am going to bring in a new law on black money. Nobody will be able to contest an election in Gujarat unless he gives a declaration that he has no investments and money stacked away abroad,” says Modi. Here comes the first pronounced dig at the government too: “The Indian government’s white paper is so white, so white, that you can’t read anything on it. So it’s useless.”

10.10pm: Now comes a Modi fan’s favourite. How does he handle media criticism? By dismissing it, like most famous people. “Criticism is welcome, but not from people with vested interests. There’s no criticism, just allegations with political motivations,” he says. “When people throw stones at me, I make stairs out of those stones,” he explains with a metaphor. Poetic leaders have always been a hit with the masses. Remember Mamata Banerjee? However, an afterthought from him: “I am the livelihood of a section of the media. That’s why I keep calm.”

10.05pm: Who designs NaMo’s kurtas? NaMo himself! That’s how the ‘Modi kurta’ was born! “I used to lead the life of a vagabond with a small jhola with me. I cut the long kurta short and cut off its sleeves so that it becomes easy to carry them around. It’s another thing that my simplicity has turned into a fashion statement for some!” Apparently, the kurta is a rage in the US. Is Anna Wintour listening?

10pm: Now, NaMo tells you, how he’s just one of us! Here comes a question on his favourite food and diet! “Main bhiksha maang ke khaata tha (I used to go to people’s homes and eat whatever they offered me.)” He is only one of us in that his stomach is as troubled as an average Indian’s. Otherwise NaMo is a simple, almost ascetic, eater, he says.

9.50pm: If the video chat has not yet been sounding like a smart spin to a poll promotional, it does with a question asked to him about labour relations. A software engineer asks him about the secret to peaceful labour relations in his state. The question: “How will you convince investors that there won’t be a Manesar like incident in Gujarat.” Modi, being the clever politician, first dismisses comparisons with any other state. Then attributes peaceful relations to the understanding of business running in the ‘genes of Gujaratis’. But the point has already been made. A Congress-led Haryana government couldn’t stop violence in the Maruti plant, Gujarat, on the other hand, has no such trouble.

9.45PM: In a fix for his comments on malnourishment and beauty, Modi was handed over an elaborate opportunity at defending himself by Sathyalaxmi from Hyderabad who asked about women and the girl child in Gujarat. “Progress can only happen with help from our mothers and daughters. To go ahead, we have to empower our mothers and daughters,” he added. Another bouncer dealt with!

9.37pm Sathyalaxmi from Hyderabad asks a question to Narendra Modi

What have you done to increase the girl child ratio in Gujarat?

Modi: You have touched upon a topic that is closer to my heart. We strengthened the rules to protect the girl child. We forced the doctors to stop bias against the girl child. We are trying to bring in a new revolution. Our mothers and daughters are the hope of the future.

Hanging out with NaMo: ‘India govt’s white paper is too ‘white’, gives away nothing | Firstpost

Jim Street likes this.
  5. Jim Street

Jim Street Regular Member

"India govt’s white paper is too ‘white’, gives away nothing."

Awesome dialogue....:pound:

6. Jim Street

Tiger population is increasing after CBI probes started. things have got more strict.

7. Jim Street

Cry babies can't give anything to the nation. We have live examples. :D

8. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Updated:

Raj30, parijataka, VIP and 1 other person like this.
  9. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

10. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Some good discussion, though it seemed to have been scripted and usual political point scoring, but it is very encouraging to see our politicians can take on the questions directly from the people live and the same can be seen by many more, and definitely there has been good work put in by the Modi government.

One thing comes out clear, he is ready to give it a shot as the PM in the coming general elections, how will he manage that, needs to be seen.

11. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

12. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

NaMo is really a next gen person :thumb:

parijataka likes this.
  13. Splurgenxs

Splurgenxs Regular Member

Well i saw this on NDTV and was nothing new wrt to Mr Modi.

Nevertheless i cant help but see the difference good governance and respect has brough about in his own personality and physique.

Check this

and then look at him now. Proof tht good will can do wonders for ur own individuality.

Now Modi caries the deeds to speak unchallenged and this confidence shows..

Ankit Purohit and parijataka like this.
  14. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

Media Crooks: Narendra Modi 'Hangs' In Style
    [​IMG]
    There is a reason why history always remembers the ‘Firsts’. Ask anybody who the second man to set foot on the moon was and you’re likely to draw a blank. But everybody knows Neil Armstrong. Ask anyone which the second team on Mt. Everest was, not easy. But most would know Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. Second Prime Minister of India? Chances are most would not remember Gulzarilal Nanda but would know the first was Jawaharlal Nehru. It is in that context that Narendra Modi achieved history in Indian politics with a first. He became the first top rung political leader to interact LIVE on social media directly with citizens and answered questions on a variety of issues. It is a historic first because it signals the crucial role Internet and social media (SM) are likely to play in politics, electioneering, propaganda and a platform for citizens to reach their leaders directly. The middlemen in the mainstream media (MSM), the spin doctors, the brokers, the opinion-swinging editorialists will increasingly become irrelevant. It is the equivalent of a P&G getting rid of wholesalers and distributors and directly reaching the customer through retail shelves and online shopping. (Watch the event on Youtube)

According to reports, though not confirmed, over 1.5 million from across India and abroad watched the show. Narendra Modi’s audience had a good time. Even the Modi-haters from the media and politics who may have watched will agree that social media is here as a powerful medium and despising it can only be at a severe cost. #ModiHangout trended all day on August 31 on Twitter, even well into September 1 long after the show was over. What Modi said or did not say will be in print and online media although TV channels may skip the news. And why is it news? This is the first time ever in India that a top political leader has harnessed social media to directly interact with citizens. This was not one of those private durbars that we know our netas to hold. This wasn’t one of those off-camera meetings that Rahul Gandhi holds with college students.The unsaid message from Modi to MSM was like some property ads: "Brokers Excuse".

Everything Narendra Modi said in the Google+ Hangout, hosted by actor Ajay Devgn, was positive and contained a good number of encouraging messages. The MSM will now get busy poking holes into the show over what he did not say. I had joked in a tweet about the likely headlines on TV and in newspapers:"Modi reaches out but fails to apologise". Some didn’t wait, Headlines Today held a discussion even before the Youtubecast and of all possible morons in the world we had Vinod ‘Smirk’ Sharma, Congress batter and editor of Hindustan Trolls, complaining that Modi didn’t take “Live” questions. Talk about 'Pre-Judging'! If Modi were to land on the moon this same Smirk would probably say “But Oh, it wasn’t a full-moon day, he could have chosen a better date”. The crime of ‘pre-judging’ an event or adversaries is a crime that is bound to invite a price. It is all the more ironic that the Smirk criticises Modi when his own Gods like Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi neither have the skill nor the courage to even speak to their own cronies in the MSM, let alone directly with citizens other than choreographed rallies and written speeches.There can hardly be any doubt that the Modi Hangout must have dented prime time TV viewership.

On Twitter Rajdeep Sardesai was expectedly leading the band of MSM cronies of Congress in snide remarks about the Hangout. Firstpost has summarised Modi’s answers and statements during the Hangout with timelines and garnished it with some fair cheeky comments. To me the most notable comments were about Secularism and American visas. If the trend of SM Live-interaction continues then it’s not long before the fake secularism practiced by the Congress and minority-appeasing parties and propagated by MSM will be thoroughly exposed in the farthest corners of India. Such a criminal comment representing fake secularism and condoning intended terrorism by ‘The Hindu’ newspaper, was indeed exposed by the Twitterati.

[​IMG]
    The MSM has been receiving warnings frequently to embrace social media and learn to interact and deal with it more sensibly and productively. So far they have they have treated it as a passing fad. SM is not a fad; it’s a trend with an undeniable permanence and growth potential. Take a look at the text in the box. It’s a ‘clarification’ from the predominantly anti-Hindu newspaper called ‘The Hindu’. It first suggested that a terrorist threat to writers was justified because of their “anti-minority” views (Read Here). By the evening of the same day, August 31, it’s rabid editor, S.Varadarajan known for his communist leanings, withdrew the foolish note in the article. Why? Simply because he was pointed out the truth by those on Twitter of his justifying terrorism. Such an apology would not have come without an active social media.

Whatever else may happen in future elections or in politics Narendra Modi has certainly set a new road map for social communication and direct interaction and political campaigning with citizens. That Modi has stayed the course, developed his state and is now being projected a future PM is remarkable because of the number of political and media adversaries he has. Adversaries even from his own party! If the MSM blacked him out (and demonised him when they did not) he found the one truthful place for communication: Social Media. The Barkhas, Rajdeeps, Smirks, Shekhars, Prannoys would be wise to read the writing on the SM wall. Brokers in media will definitely lose more ground to social media. Their loss will not be mourned by anyone.

parijataka likes this.
  15. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

what a leadership qualities,he is a technically well sound in all trade

this is the quality of next indian PM

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    spikey360, Vikramaditya and Raj30 like this.
  16. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

17. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

BTW, after having such huge success, none of Gujju newspaper has reported it.
    Sorry for bumping this thread...

18. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

as they say in gujarati... "G" bali gayi chhe :D

however, Have you heard, Shaktishingh gohil was addressing in NewJersy and Public started booing him and some even says chappals thrown at him. :D

I havent got a link yet. Searching for it. share it if you get that link.

19. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

wtf....Are you serious ??Let me ask one of my friend there....If this is true then Newspapers will obviously make blackout. One more thing, if this was done to Arjun Modhvadiya then I would have become much happier.He's an arse. Anything happens, when media reach out to him for any statement, he always gives,and always makes himself fool.:lol:

20. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Its on divyabhaskar site

chalo gujarat new jersey, shakti singh compare mod - ન્યુજર્સીમાં ‘ચાલો ગુજરાત’ સંમેલનમાં શક્તિસિંહનો હુરિયો બોલાવાયો - www.divyabhask

I saw it yesterday night on someones Facebook page.

VIP and Zebra like this.