Narendra Modi in Beijing, tells China 'Pakistan is making use of you'

SPIEZ

Country flag
I get the anger about congress's corruption but to say that man was a failure for India is a bridge too far and a dishonest character assination IMO. similar to blaming gas prices and inflation on him. those are economic happenstances coming out of global gas prices and inflation that was out of anybody's hand ( due to quick pace of growth).
We else should we blame for the petrol price hike, several decisions were offered on how to deal with it, But nobody did anything.

Also the petrol price hike comes at a time when inflation is at it's peak here.There has been back to back petrol price hike.
IMO, living far away from India, you don't have the slightest idea on what is happening here.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
you recall 26/11 and his appearing at the gate way of india on the 2nd or the 3rd day, even that was not required, in fact he was booed down.

politicians, like those bigg boss contestants, play to get our attention. we can be pretty sure, this was all well planned before hand, and then delivering the message through the media was all a part of it.

now look what the message the jingos got?

here is a chap who is the next "iron man", its about positioning and selling yourself, and you dare not miss an opportunity when the whole national media is looking at you, and mr modi is way-way too smart for any such thing to go by.

bjp better start making way for this chap because if he has to play a role at the national politics then he needs to start playing a bigger role right after the 2012 state elections so that all the critisim he will face starts to fade away in one year's time and by the end of 2013, when rahul too will enter in a big way, he has crossed all the hurdles.
Ritesh, I don't think pakis get in to topic of discussion among common Indians any more. They simply don't deserve it. The sooner the media realize it, the better. Common Indians have moved away from pakis. Our nation has to gear up for larger role. I wish he could have given some hint about those

Pathogen

Modi has played excellent card. If Chinese want India, it has to leave Pakistan. Although, It won't work. Still, He made very sensible approach by sending ball in China's court. Best P.M candidate for 2014. :thumb:
Pakistan is China's Israel, It allows China to be able to establish influence in South Asia and every $1 billion dollars that China gives Pakistan it becomes $10 billion dollars worth of trouble for India.

China wont give up relations with Pakistan, Its foolish of Modi to even speak of Sino-Pakistan relations because it shows nothing but desperation on the part of India.

Reactions: nrj

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Ritesh, I don't think pakis get in to topic of discussion among common Indians any more. They simply don't deserve it. The sooner the media realize it, the better. Common Indians have moved away from pakis. Our nation has to gear up for larger role. I wish he could have given some hint about those
mate,

which country arouses as much or more passion and sentiment as/than pakistan does in india? which country's hand is most found in terror acts in india? pakistan matters to the common man mate,its directly linked to our security.

he could have the whipped up the sentiment on china as well, but knowing that he has to have money flowing from the chinese, no way would he have taken them head on, something that would have been quite ungracious as well of him, had he done so.

let us get a perspective here, that he is looking to make headlines, and so the statement. you've followed how ToI does its reporting, its about that extra spice and he is delivering on that.

what was he doing at gateway of india during 26/11, when he had no business being there and this is just on of the many examples.

we have to realize, modi is on projecting a certain image so that his saleability and appeal excels. of all things, he being perceived as the next "iron man" is another thing he wants to achieve. it is how image gets built up. when people go to vote they recall and associate with all such sentiments.

take imran khan as an example, what is he doing? simply playing with the pakistani psyche and in the attempt increasing his appeal, and there you have someone who has never been tried and tested but still people are ga-ga about him, it is how it happens mate.

tell me another subject and topic on which he would have deliberated and aroused as much curiosity. take this thread as an example, you already have so many replies, what else would have got so many replies?

now let us not think that these were the only things discussed about. all we know is, he mentioned it, how much time could have been spent on that could well have been couple of minutes, who knows? he is there to get chinese investments, and he would have kept the focus, but would all that have made such a headlines? yes, if he is able to firm up investment commitments worth 10s of billions of dollars, then you would say he has delivered on substance.

Defcon 1

Country flag
We else should we blame for the petrol price hike, several decisions were offered on how to deal with it, But nobody did anything.

Also the petrol price hike comes at a time when inflation is at it's peak here.There has been back to back petrol price hike.
IMO, living far away from India, you don't have the slightest idea on what is happening here.
i think u are settling some personal score with MMS, in post #58, I have very clearly mentioned the reason behind price rise, yet instead of replying to it, you continue to blame him....btw u are saying that several alternatives were offered to deal with it, can u state some of them here????

i agree that petrol price hike is not a news for india and it will fuel inflation even more, but there is really nothing anyone can do about it.....

SPIEZ

Country flag
i think u are settling some personal score with MMS, in post #58, I have very clearly mentioned the reason behind price rise, yet instead of replying to it, you continue to blame him....btw u are saying that several alternatives were offered to deal with it, can u state some of them here????

i agree that petrol price hike is not a news for india and it will fuel inflation even more, but there is really nothing anyone can do about it.....
1) Not blaming anyone here
2) Fixed Tax, instead of a % varying tax was proposed. LL try to get an article on that asap.
3) price hike will hit, lower and lower-middle class VERY BADLY. Price alone has increased, not the salaries.

P.S. Let's stick to the topic!

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Pakistan is China's Israel, It allows China to be able to establish influence in South Asia and every $1 billion dollars that China gives Pakistan it becomes $10 billion dollars worth of trouble for India.

China wont give up relations with Pakistan, Its foolish of Modi to even speak of Sino-Pakistan relations because it shows nothing but desperation on the part of India.
Chillax mate, We are learning the lesson from our real Israel friend how to make next Palestine. :thumb:

Defcon 1

Country flag
1) Not blaming anyone here
2) Fixed Tax, instead of a % varying tax was proposed. LL try to get an article on that asap.
3) price hike will hit, lower and lower-middle class VERY BADLY. Price alone has increased, not the salaries.
tax rate has nothing to do with increase in price of petrol, the price hike has basically come in due to reduction in subsidies that the government provides.....show me a single article that holds tax rate for price hike (mind you, for price hike, not high price of petrol).....and government cannot decrease the tax rate because of the high fiscal deficit it is facing, they cannot cut off a source of money....and tell me, how many poor people even use petrol, it will hit middle class, but that is something no one can help with.....if you compare the price of petrol in india with other SAARC countries, you will that it is not very high, check yourself....

SPIEZ

Country flag
tax rate has nothing to do with increase in price of petrol, the price hike has basically come in due to reduction in subsidies that the government provides.....show me a single article that holds tax rate for price hike (mind you, for price hike, not high price of petrol).....and government cannot decrease the tax rate because of the high fiscal deficit it is facing, they cannot cut off a source of money....and tell me, how many poor people even use petrol, it will hit middle class, but that is something no one can help with.....if you compare the price of petrol in india with other SAARC countries, you will that it is not very high, check yourself....
There were several articles in other threads posted on that, and from that India seemed to have the highest price!

Many people have two-wheelers sir! lower as well as lower-middle class.

Defcon 1

Country flag
There were several articles in other threads posted on that, and from that India seemed to have the highest price!

Many people have two-wheelers sir! lower as well as lower-middle class.
i agree with you sir, but tell me, does the government has any other alternative?????

SPIEZ

Country flag
IRRELEVANT self-deleted.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
i agree with you sir, but tell me, does the government has any other alternative?????
Recent price hike was not because of rising Crude oil but due to dollar. Crude Oil is stable around 90$/barrel (+/- 10%) for last 4-5 months. Why GoI didn't hedged the dollar when it was trading around 43 for long time ?? This is failure.

Also, due to rising current deficit, Government has to hike price rise as it can't afford major loss of oil marketing companies. it's government failure on economic front that also under economist MMS.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Recent price hike was not because of rising Crude oil but due to dollar. Crude Oil is stable around 90$/barrel (+/- 10%) for last 4-5 months. Why GoI didn't hedged the dollar when it was trading around 43 for long time ?? This is failure.

Also, due to rising current deficit, Government has to hike price rise as it can't afford major loss of oil marketing companies. it's government failure on economic front that also under economist MMS.
recent price hike was neither a result of dollar nor rising crude oil, this is not the first time in history that dollar is at Rs 50......it was only to meet the fiscal deficit....and this is not a failure of the government, the government had planned its policy well in advance and had planned to raise thousand of crores of rupees through divestment in indian PSU's....but the volatile economic conditions created due to slow US recovery, eurozone crisis and Japanese tsunami, have resulted in an huge fall in sensex and affected investor's confidence.....hence the IPOs of SAIL and some other PSU's have been put on hold, u can verify my claim from the internet.....and economic front is not under MMS but Pranav Mukherjee who is a very good economist and we should keep our faith in him.....rest is up to you...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles