Narendra Modi govt on its knees before Rajnish Rai

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

AHMEDABAD: The Narendra Modi government on Friday offered an olive branch to deputy inspector general of police Rajnish Rai, who had recently exposed murky details behind fake encounters, by expunging adverse remarks made in his annual confidential report (ACR) by the former director general of police P C Pande.

Narendra Modi govt on its knees before Rajnish Rai - The Times of India

3. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

precisely how and why politicisation of police force happens in india, had there been someone else more interested in saving his skin from his political masters, the cop would have never spoken out. in one go the complete career of the cop can be ruined just because he would not follow the line prescribed by the political masters.

politics and police administration and its working needs to be segregated, else police force will be no better than what it is today, a tool of exerting political influence to intimidate the political foes, and anyone who challenges the mis-governance.

you do this and provide them with better training, facilities and investigation infrastructure, never will this country ever see riots and the terrorism will drop big time.

4. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

^^^I suspect, the said cop has protection from higher powers and therefore does not mind going against the Guj Govt. His case seems to be motivated.

5. Yusuf

For me the headline is a little sensational. But then its ToI.

6. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

^^^Its not just TOI, but most of the indian media. I personally think DC is most pathetic.

7. Yusuf

Something that we have talked about several times over including in threads about terrorism and lack of policing. I keep calling the police the "rakhael" of the politicians. They have to be released from the clutches of these politicians. Politicians should have no say in posting or promotions. It should be done by a police body itself. The police should report to an all party legislative body.

Separate force for any VIP security. Dont disturb normal police and let them do their job. The police should go back to its system of developing and utilizing intelligence based on their constabulary as well as SI level where it is easy for these personnel to mix and interact with common people.

The voice of change should now come from the police force itself as left to the politicians, nothing is going to happen.

I am sure we will see the difference then.