Namo Supporters now abusing B Raman

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

HAVE YOU COME ACROSS A MIND SICKER THAN THIS?

B.RAMAN

During my long years with the Research & Analysis Wing (R&AW), I had , inter alia, handled the external aspects of the tribal insurgency in the North-East, the Khalistani terrorism, the Jihadi terrorism and the external aspects of the physical security of the Prime Minister of India.

2. In June 1985,Rajiv Gandhi undertook his first travel abroad as the Prime Minister of India. He visited France, Algeria, the USA and Switzerland. He went back to India and came out again in October to visit the then USSR and Holland.

3.His June visits coincided with the first anniversary of Operation Blue Star in the Golden Temple in Amritsar. Khalistani elements based in Pakistan, West Europe and the US took a vow to have him assassinated before he returned to India. I was asked to help the SPG, which is responsible for the protection of the Prime Minister, during his visits to France, Switzerland and Holland.

4. That was the first time I came into contact with Rajiv, Sonia, Rahul and Priyanka. Rahul and Priyanka were young kids at that time. I had an opportunity of interacting with the kids, particularly in Paris. I have not met them after October,1985, but have maintained a distant interest in their welfare and progress in life.

5.I have been worried, like many of our fellow-citizens, over the declining and depressing state of affairs in the country. I have written a number of articles critical of the way Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh has been handling the situation. Some of the articles were mildly critical, some very hard-hitting. I had also suggested that the time had come for the Congress to go for mid-term elections to remove the political gloom.

6. I believed that Shri Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat, was the man for the occasion and it was time for him to enter the political arena and take over as the PM after winning the elections. Between 2000 and till recently, I was a strong supporter of the BJP, the RSS and Modi.

7. Last year, I started visiting the Twitter site regularly in the hope of keeping myself in touch with what was being discussed in the Twitter world. That was the beginning of my interactions with the online followers of Modi. I was shocked by their uncouth manners, foul language and extremist mind-set. Whenever I tweeted anything positive about Sonia, Rahul and Priyanka, the followers of Namo came down on me like a ton of bricks and subjected me to vile abuse.

8. I was called an old man who had become senile and developed Alzheimer’s disease. It was claimed that my cancer had spread to my brain etc. By nature, I am a pleasant and polite person. I was shocked by the kind of language used and threats uttered by the online followers of NaMo. Twice I quit Twitter in disgust and then I came back because of my curiosity.

9. I wrote articles drawing attention to the Stormtrooper like methods of the online followers of NaMo and the kind of abuse and character assassination being directed at me. I sincerely believed NaMo was not aware of the obnoxious behaviour of his online followers. I wrote and tweeted a number of times suggesting that he should openly condemn their methods and dissociate himself from them. There was no response. I couldn’t help believing that his followers were indulging in such methods with his knowledge and approval. That was the beginning of my disillusionment with NaMo. My writings and Tweets became increasingly critical of of NaMo’s followers whom I started calling the NaMo Brigade and NaMo himself.

10. That was also the time when I started taking fresh interest in the personalities, policies and activities of the Congress. I did have hopes that Rahul could turn around matters, but my hopes were belied. I started thinking that the time had come for Priyanka to enter the political scene to set matters right with the support of the GenNext of the party. Rahul had not been able to enthuse the younger elements in the party and the country. It was important that Priyanka tried her hand at this.

11. In the beginning of June, I wrote my first article suggesting that Sonia should induct Priyanka into active politics. I was surprised by the initial condemnation of my articles by friends and foes alike. The NaMo Brigade stepped up its attacks on me. I was insulted. I was ridiculed. My sanity was called into question. I decided to go into a mode of watching silence.

12.To my surprise, after about three weeks, others too started discussing Priyanka as a possible political aspirant--- Shri Virendra Kapoor in Rediff, the Sunday Guardian and some other columnists and papers. Last week, NDTV had a series of political discussions on the likelihood of a mid-term poll. One of the questions polled and debated was the chances of Priyanka.

13. I drew the attention of my Twitter followers to this and tweeted once again why I had suggested the name of Priyanka.I tweeted in two consecutive tweets: “As yesterday's developments in Gujarat show, NaMo will not be able to shake off his dark shadow. Namo is darkness at noon. Priyanka is brightness at night.” My reference was to the shadow over NaMo after the conviction of 31 of the accused in the Naroda Patiya case of massacre of over 90 Muslims by a mob egged on by some Hindutva Top Guns. My allusion was to Arthur Koestler’s novel of the last century based on life under Stalin. I was buried in an avalanche of abusive tweets from NaMo’s followers. Some of them even accused me of giving a powerful political slogan to the Congress for the next elections.

14.A couple of days later, one of my followers drew my attention to a defamatory, calumnious blog post twisting the meaning of my Tweets. The post deleted my reference to the conviction of the accused in the Naroda Pitiya massacre case and carried only my characterisations of NaMo as Darkness and Priyanka as Brightness. The post alleged that this old man used to send love Tweets to Barkha Dutt of NDTV, now he has started sending love Tweets to Priyanka.

15.His rage over my suggesting Priyanka as a possible future leader was obvious, but he was unable to counter me logically. So he indulged in character assassination.I have not come across a more sickening mind. It was the reaction of the lowliest of the lowlies.

16.Previously,whenever I used to protest online against the abuses and character assassination directed against me by NaMo’s supporters, my well-wishers in the BJP and the RSS used to ask me to ignore them. They used to claim these were not well-educated people capable of politeness.

17.But the man who has attacked my personal honour and projected me as a decrepit old man with a hunger for attractive women is not an uneducated person. I understand he is a graduate of one of the prestigious IITs of India. After having lived in Mumbai for some years, he is now reportedly based in the US and has allegedly been co-ordinating the online Blitzkrieg of NaMo from his safe sanctuary in the US.

18. If this is the kind of people who are the brains of the NaMo For PM campaign, would it be in the interest of the country for NaMo to become the PM? Everyman is known by the company he keeps. This is the kind of company NaMo keeps.( 2-9-12)

Raman's strategic analysis

3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I read his article asking for Priyanka Gandhi to be inducted into politics. Surprising coming from a man of his stature and experience, if Congress party men say it its different.

4. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

NaMo supporters are quite vile, ignorant and offensive though. You can even find them on youtube, scores of them uploading videos with false claims and obscene allegations about Sonia Gandhi or Congress in general. I can understand dislike of a political party, I don't like the Congress much either, but zealously spreading outright lies and fabrications is an act that ought not to go unpunished.

If I were Sonia Gandhi, I would use the IB and RAW to find out the identities of these internet terrorists and file hundreds or thousands of defamation suits against them in Indian courts.

peacecracker and Oracle like this.
  5. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Yup, that's exactly what she does, albeit more generally. Her failed attempt to leash Internet users through regulation of social media, illegal blocking of sites which were 'communal' points towards that direction. It is a warning for those who uploaded those content, listen to me or you'll face jail. Every literate person knows that the Internet is not an asset of any one country. It is an open and shared platform, no country can ever have jurisdiction over it just like the police/law cannot accuse of plagiarism if you copy something in your personal diary. Similarly all these IT laws and their misuse is quite unethical and illogical in the first place.
    As for abuse on internet, I guess you are new to this thing. Internet from when it opened its doors to the general public has been very very abusive. I guess you are oblivious about IRC, Bulletin boards and all and feign that there ought to some sort of civility online as well. Well, you could not be more wrong, and neither could Raman be more wrong either. This is the Internet and anything can be said and done here.

mki and maomao like this.
  6. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Why should the older sibling of rahul be inducted into politics. Just because her last name used to be Gandhi? Fawning at best.

Just because Bacchan was a good actor why should we put up with his son? Just because Raj Kapoor was incredible, does it make Ranbir Kapoor good enough?

We as Indians do not accept anyone who may be a rank outsider but better than anyone over someone who may have just the name backing the credentials. The whole attitude sucks.

In stead of handing over reigns of the Tata empire to some distant blood relative, Ratan Tata brought in an outsider to his personal family to take over the company from him.

The old Parsi octogenerian who taught my dad to drive in 1980's was very correct when he said this about Indians,' They are good enough only to reproduce(use the derogatory term rhyming with ghusanu) and apna aadmi idhar-udhar ghusanu'.

mki and maomao like this.
  7. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Do you think you are still living in the 4th Reich? Do you think CBI is the stasi police in India? defamation suits in Indian court? How many centuries will these court cases go on for?

They cant touch Subramanium Swamy, what can they do these million Internet Hindus? Zilch. Nada.

mki, maomao and spikey360 like this.
  8. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

:D

Don't worry, if NaMo comes in as PM, after 2014.
    Then NaMo supporters, may try to request him the same what you just said in your post...... use the IB and RAW to find out the identities of these internet terrorists (read NaMo haters) and file hundreds or thousands of defamation suits against them in Indian courts. :pft:

9. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Laws need to change for effective sentencing in cases such as these. We still follow a rule book borrowed from the British a century back.

10. Singh

I just want to highlight, that this extremist behaviour by NaMo supporters is hurting the cause of NaMo. Lets not play divide and rule / polarised politics in our own country with our own people.

B Raman has performed a yeoman service in defending our nation. To abuse him for whatever reason is despicable and abhorrent.

I am not sure if those folks read B Raman's tweets, posts and articles. He has regularly attended events organized by BJP on national security, and he has been very scathing of Congress.

Whenever a person says anything which isn't negative about the Gandhis he is barraged with a volley of abuses. This is not a good development.

11. Oracle

Oracle New Member

You have hit the nail with this post. I am marking this post for the future. I would also like to add that anything people say about Modi or BJP in particular, topics ranging from corruption to riots or vote bank politics also face the same barrage of abuses. They can't see that the same person might also have accused Congress and other parties of the same things. This is actually a dangerous development. And social media like twitter, FB, blogs, forums are the main source of this nonsense. Many believe the lies posted by NaMo supporters, and many are converted online when the lies get pushed again and again. Afterall, this is what J. Goebbels did. The rate at which negativity have started to propagate, I fear it's not much time left before we go the Pakistan way.

12. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

last line make me rofl what makes you think we are going towards pakistan way ,as if now we are in china or usa way even
    after coal ,2g scams ,dont you think what media is doing which is more dangerous than this internet pushers what about negative
    propagaters from media who are making pakistan way now itself ,maybe you are saying we are heading towards islamic republic of india ?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    maomao likes this.
  13. ani82v

ani82v Senior Member Senior Member

Completely agree. But some sort of hyperbole always existed when it is comes to politics and what we see on facebook and twitter is nothing but internet extension of what existed in drawing room discussions before, objectivity and truth not withstanding.

I think this will die out after 2014 elections or more dangerously might take you U-turn depending upon the performance of the next Govt. :D

14. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Instead of discussing my post, you are laughing with a one-liner. :facepalm:

Religion is the reason why Pakistan is in such a sorry mess today. You get it now?

15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Poor B Raman, the grand old chap!

But then Political and Strategic analysts cannot please all.

They should have thick skin like the politicians and take the thick with the thin!

Just like the Mods out here, who too fight amongst themselves over various issues reported by posters! ;) :pound:

Isn't that what is known as internal democracy?

It makes me feel good that DFI has internal democracy and not a dictatorship!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Yusuf and Singh like this.
  16. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Natarajan, please try to write posts in one go. It becomes irritating after sometime, to continuously edit my post, because of you. And please use MS-Word to format your post before you post it here. I don't understand much of it, as without proper commas, semi-colons, full stops, the message gets lost in translation. :)

17. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Is this not Character assassination?. He is implying as if NaMo put this idiot on his payroll to carry out the vilification of B Raman. There are many idiots on internet who take the 'takedari' and start such vilification campaign. Why blame the leaders for it?.

iNDiAN.96, Raj30, parijataka and 2 others like this.
  18. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

B Raman is a good man.

Great insight.

But then popularity makes one feel that one is infallible!

19. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Done ,lets enjoy sunday :thumb:

Oracle likes this.
  20. Oracle

Oracle New Member

People do lose it, considering the abuses one faces on social media from NaMo supporters. In this case, the leader is responsible for not reigning in his supporters. And he is considered to be tech-savvy, isn't it? Didn't Modi just yesterday held a conversation on google+?

21. Singh

but how is this character assassination ? "Every man is known by the company he keeps."

These leaders can't have their cake and eat it too. If they are privately saying to BRaman to ignore these idiots, why don't they condemn them publicly ? They want the popularity, at the same time don't want to take responsibility.

This is demagoguery and hypocrisy, something which these supporters accuse of Congress of committing.

Oracle likes this.