Nail house in the middle of a newly built road

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: Lone Chinese home destroyed; farmer accepts deal

I presume in China the requirement of the State is paramount.
Not just in China.

*batteries not included (1987) - IMDb

Storyline

A group of tenants in an apartment block are being forced to move out so that it can be demolished. The tenants are reluctant to move, so the developers hire a local gang to 'persuade' them to leave. Fortunately, visiting alien mechanical life-forms come to town. When they befriend the tenants, the aliens use their extraterrestrial abilities to defeat the developers.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

there are always lots of greedy "nail house owners" in CHina.....

I heard that one greedy owner of "4-floored building" in downtowns of SHenzhen city asked for a compensation of 20,000,000 RMB( over $3M ) to local government.,while it costed the guy 2,000,000RMB($0.3M) to build the building at most.

and it is absurd that the greedy guy succeed in got 3M$ ,while it cost the guy
This shows how bad China's legal system needs to be improved, this round the government became a victim, since it is a road construction, the amount of money won't be paid by developer companies but from local budget, which means tax dollars. If laws is in place and people follow laws rather than political concerns, this farce should not be happening.

nimo_cn

Country flag

you forget all the pressure he went through.
When you will build something out of your blood and sweat, it is not easy to give up.
I remember setting up of my first office, from rented property. finally one of my partner bought it.
How about thinking about it in this way? One's house has to be dimolished to make way for the road, but one thousand are gonna benefit from the road.

Of course, if we don't build the road, no one seems to lose, but if we take the huge potential benefits people are gonna get from that road into consideration, you will understand that it is necessary to demolish the house for the good of majority.

nimo_cn

Country flag

the above it is a yahoo news, then cited by a chinese website....

in fact, the total compensation is 260,000 Yuan($41,000)+3 Apartments,where one apartment usually is worth over 1,000,000RMB($150,000).

Luo ,in fact,has made great fortune overnight ,by accepting the compensation for the demolishment.

However, west medias deliberately or undeliberately report one side of the story.
Indeed, Luo claimed his house to be built in 2001 and cost him 60,000RMB since then, which in my opinion is kind of inflated. 600,000 RMB was a large amount of money back in 2001, hard to believe that house would cost so much in rural area of China. Even today, with 600,000RMB, I could pull off something better in countryside.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles