N. Korea developing unmanned attack aircraft

Country flag
N. Korea developing unmanned attack aircraft: report

North Korea is developing unmanned attack aircraft using US target drones imported from the Middle East, a report said Sunday.

They are based on MQM-107D Streaker target drones, which are used by the US army, and imported from a Middle East nation believed to be Syria, Yonhap news agency reported.

It cited an anonymous Seoul military official, adding the communist state would likely deploy them, once completed, near the tense maritime border with the South on the Yellow Sea.

The US drone, which flies at 40,000 feet (12,000 metres) at a maximum speed of 575 miles (920 kilometres) per hour, is commonly used for testing missiles.

The North has conducted several tests by mounting high explosives on the imported drones but has not been able to produce a new weapon yet, said the source quoted by Yonhap.

The disputed sea border off the west coast was the scene of deadly naval clashes in 1999, 2002 and 2009. The North also shelled a frontier island in a November 2010 attack that left four South Koreans dead.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They should feed their people first before they set out developing weapons to attack the hands that feed them... :tsk:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Bravo North Korea, beat Somalia, Sudan and records of all African countries in malnourishment. Use your target drones to attack well nourished people in North korean soil! :rofl:

Illusive

Country flag
US take panga with Iran, NK in backburner........ where regime change is seriously required is ignored.

Offtopic - Anybody played HomeFront.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
They should feed their people first before they set out developing weapons to attack the hands that feed them... :tsk:
I think the north korean model is a working model for dictators to keep power.

Gaddafi fed his people, gave free electricity, cars, education, loans without interest etc and gave up nuclear ambitions and got brutally hacked down.

Now before you go on a tirade im not defending the scummy kims...i dont support north korea but just pointing out that feeding people is not enough to keep power.

Iamanidiot

When I read in the paper that Kim died I actually thought it was the kadarshian later found that it was the NoKo nutter

Folk hero

now it's a very good to pakis after NK develops this unmanned attack aircraft it will be sold to all the failed states one them is you know who, after they gets their hands on this unmanned attack aircraft first thing will they do is i think you already know where i'am getting at, what will be i'ts name?.:hmm:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Gaddafi fed his people, gave free electricity, cars, education, loans without interest etc and gave up nuclear ambitions and got brutally hacked down.

Now before you go on a tirade im not defending the scummy kims...i dont support north korea but just pointing out that feeding people is not enough to keep power.

In a brutal way you might be right... And if they still complain in the future despite not being fed then Kim can just blast each one of them with this new wonder toy...

amoy

NK is able to feed her people. The problem in part was previously (after collapse of USSR) it got self isolated - on one hand under embargo, on the other front striving for her "independence" (Juche) very wary of becoming China's proxy. Sino-NK relationship was not as sweat as some media depicted. Late Kim more or less realized that as a tiny state NK had to anyway merge herself into an economic circle, thus had gradually opened up her economy, esp. for China.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Why bother? It is easier to launch missiles.

Koovie

the only people in the world fearing the north korean military is the western media..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the only people in the world fearing the north korean military is the western media..

Please look for SK and Japanese friends for correspondence ASAP. You can ask them if they fear the bellicose NK military. I have a very strong feeling they would tell you yes.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Gaddafi war was because of his plans to dump dollars for oil sales. He was the strongest proponent of trading for gold instead of dollars. It is a set pattern. Since most north African nations agreed with Gaddafi, West thought the best is for him to weaken defenses and take him out.

Saddam was the SAME factor.

The simple reason why Iran cannot be dealt with the same card is because Iran is far more powerful than either Iraq or Libya and fighting Iran would means it would launch missiles all over Middle East and Europe, sending oil prices through the stratosphere as well as ruining half of Europe (Iranian missiles have enough range to reach central-west European countries).

I understand your perspective mate. :)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
now it's a very good to pakis after NK develops this unmanned attack aircraft it will be sold to all the failed states one them is you know who, after they gets their hands on this unmanned attack aircraft first thing will they do is i think you already know where i'am getting at, what will be i'ts name?.:hmm:
Kim Yoo Suk? :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles