Myanmar charges 6 Muslims for sectarian violence

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
A Myanmar court has charged six Muslims with murder for their alleged role in the death of a Buddhist monk during sectarian violence that shook the country in March.

The charges filed Monday mark the latest legal action against minority Muslims in the central city of Meikthila, one of several recent flashpoints of violence that rights groups have called an organized campaign of ethnic cleansing in the Buddhist nation.

Several days of rioting and violence in Meikhtila left more than 40 people dead and more than 12,000 displaced, most of them Muslim. No Buddhists have been charged yet.

Containing the violence has posed a serious challenge to President Thein Sein's reformist government as it attempts to institute political and economic liberalization after nearly half a century of military rule.

YANGON, Myanmar: Myanmar charges 6 Muslims for sectarian violence - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
So, this was the real cause, same as Godhara.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What has Aung San Suu Kyi to say?

amoy

What has Aung San Suu Kyi to say?
Separately I pasted a link "The property and the Lady" showing Suu Kyi has become a sophisticated politician.

She's muted over Rohingya human rights not to irritate Buddhist majority.

The same "votebank" politics.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Separately I pasted a link "The property and the Lady" showing Suu Kyi has become a sophisticated politician.

She's muted over Rohingya human rights not to irritate Buddhist majority.

The same "votebank" politics.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
She has taken a wise decision so that the so called peace loving community is punished for their not so peaceful acts..

Here "votebank" politics means Sick-ularism and minority appeasement. :tsk:

amoy

She has taken a wise decision so that the so called peace loving community is punished for their not so peaceful acts..

Here "votebank" politics means Sick-ularism and minority appeasement. :tsk:
Several days of rioting and violence in Meikhtila left more than 40 people dead and more than 12,000 displaced, most of them Muslim.

Where is "Minority appeasement"?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Several days of rioting and violence in Meikhtila left more than 40 people dead and more than 12,000 displaced, most of them Muslim.

Where is "Minority appeasement"?
By "here" I meant India.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Myanmar has more guts than India :)
India SHOULD learn from Burma before the so called minority becomes majority and demands and executes another division of India. :tsk:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles