My Quadcopter UAV Build

trackwhack

I took it apart after realizing it cant be rebuilt the way I wanted. Starting from scratch again.

what a weirdo btw

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Joggobot, The Companion Drone That Makes You Run Faster, Longer, Harder - Forbes
Runners, you no longer have to convince your reluctant partner to put on sneaks and hit the streets with you, thanks to my new favorite drone: the Joggobot, a companion robot for runners. Using a built-in camera, the autonomous drone hones in on sensors in a custom shirt and exhorts you to keep up with it.

"People might feel chased if the Joggobot was behind them," says researcher Eberhard Grather in a video. So instead your little drone friend flies in front of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

"After a period of mourning, he received his propellers posthumously," Jansen said.
( I find this funny :scared1:)

This is gross, that is a dead cat really?

We should not be horrified when the Predator collects human skulls, we are worse than predator at times.

vineet_p

Hi trackwhack.

first of all, sorry for the late bump. My first post here.
I'm a 10th standard guy from DAV Hyderabad.
I am an avid fan of radio-contolled vehicles, especially multi-rotors. I've just finished building my two quadcopters. (and only one flew!) I'm on rcgroups.com too.
BTW, which flight controller are you using? Is it arduino-based? What's the firmware loaded onto it? I'm using arduino-based MultiWii controller and I just love it.
and, your quad looks like a piece of precision....unlike mine that's one hell is a garbage! :lol:
I did consider carbon fibre but bought Aluminium beams, they're cheaper!
Here's mine!!!

Vineet

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And how on earth have I missed this thread?

All the best Track.

I read the first page about you wanting to censor your face. Come on, I am sure you don't look that bad :troll:

venkat

vineet!!!! congratulations to you.India needs youngsters like you.do you have video of your quadcopter flying? with the LEDs ON it looks like an UFO!!!!!:wave:

Last edited:

vineet_p

vineet!!!! congratulations to you.India needs youngsters like you.do you have video of your quadcopter flying? with the LEDs ON it looks like an UFO!!!!!:wave:
Hi Venkat,

I'm sorry, I don't have a video... I always wanted to brag with a video, but never got a chance to shoot it.
Thanks for the compliment,

Vineet

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Hey Vineet, do post a video of your copter when you shoot it.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
From OP:
4) Use a scaled larger model for crop dusting on my farm using GPS co-ordinates and a pre- programmed path (Year 5)

W.G.Ewald

Professional

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
check the quadcopter in this movie.

trackwhack

This is what I am trying to accomplish eventually. However, instead of radio controlled, my plan is to have it GPS controlled. I want to be able to program a fixed path that the quad can follow while dusting crops, complete the task and come back.

trackwhack

Hi trackwhack.

first of all, sorry for the late bump. My first post here.
I'm a 10th standard guy from DAV Hyderabad.
I am an avid fan of radio-contolled vehicles, especially multi-rotors. I've just finished building my two quadcopters. (and only one flew!) I'm on rcgroups.com too.
BTW, which flight controller are you using? Is it arduino-based? What's the firmware loaded onto it? I'm using arduino-based MultiWii controller and I just love it.
and, your quad looks like a piece of precision....unlike mine that's one hell is a garbage! :lol:
I did consider carbon fibre but bought Aluminium beams, they're cheaper!
Here's mine!!!

Vineet
Vineet that is fantastic. Please continue to build stuff.

I used a generic copy of the KKmulticopter board that uses an Atmega processor. Its not the best decision I made as I realized later that three separate gyros is much more unstable than a single MEMS gyro chip. Anyway, I am happy I got it to lift off. I am on my second build now after figuring out all my mistakes.

Awesome start for someone just outta school. Please never stop building stuff. Dont let engineering college ruin your engineering mind. :)

Welcome to the forum and do let me know if you need me to procure anything to help with the build.

@ Singh, now this is someone that DRDO could petentially hire in the future.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
This is what I am trying to accomplish eventually. However, instead of radio controlled, my plan is to have it GPS controlled. I want to be able to program a fixed path that the quad can follow while dusting crops, complete the task and come back.

This is a PowerPoint presentation on GPS crop dusting.

Link.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles