My name is khan and im not a terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnee

Sorry to butt in, but just a rhetorical point:

ah do i see indian muslims making 75% of all terrorist attacks that happen world wide, seems like its more to do with pakistanis, for that matter i wonder how many indian muslims are even there in alquaida. last i checked it was a certain pakistan that was hinted as being the world terror hub.
TR, you are making a generalisation on the basis of nationality. Someothers, may use similar stats to make generalisations based on regions (like South-Asia per say) or religions (like muslims per say)...etc. A statical example could be, more than 75% of all terror activities can be traced to muslims. Based on these stats can the generalisations be justified? Would you support such generalisations then?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Sorry to butt in, but just a rhetorical point:

TR, you are making a generalisation on the basis of nationality. Someothers, may use similar stats to make generalisations based on regions (like South-Asia per say) or religions (like muslims per say)...etc. A statical example could be, more than 75% of all terror activities can be traced to muslims. Based on these stats can the generalisations be justified? Would you support such generalisations then?
mate the attempt was infact not to make any generalization though that is what it sounded like, but see the way the introduction was made. "My name is khan and im not a terrorist", he was making an exception to a generalization (in tis case having a muslim back ground) which is what i attempted to burst and point it out that if at all he had to make an exception to a generalization then that needs to be done with being pakistani and being a terrorist and not club the entire muslim population with it.

the generalization question needs to put across to mr khan who happened to start the thread, not me.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why dont we just stop here itself. Thank you all for welcoming the new member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles