Muslims must be honest about Qur’an

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by fyodor, May 24, 2014.

1. fyodor

fyodor Regular Member

-Tarekh Fateh

In the aftermath of Islamic jihadis — the Boko Haram — enslaving Christian school girls in Nigeria, the Muslim intelligentsia, instead of doing some serious introspection, has chosen to exercise damage control.

Columns by my co-religionists have appeared in newspapers ranging from the Toronto Star to The Independent in London and on CNN.com, where they avoid any reference to Sharia laws that permit Muslims to take non-Muslim female prisoners of war as sex slaves.

The fact is Muslim armies throughout history have been permitted under Islamic law to make sex slaves of non-Muslim prisoners.

Here is chapter 33, verse 50 of the Qur’an:

“O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee.”

When asked for a clarification, A Saudi cleric issued a fatwa permitting sex slavery.

He said: “Praise be to Allaah. Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married … Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also did that, as did the Sahaabah (his companions), the righteous and the scholars.”

In the eighth century, when Arab armies invaded India, they took thousands of Hindu POWs as slaves back to the Caliph Walid in Damascus, who distributed the women as gifts to the newly emerging Arab nobility.

The ninth-century Persian historian al-Baladhuri writes in his book The Origins of the Islamic State that when the Arab general Muhammad bin Qasim invaded India in the year 711AD, the non-Muslim prisoners taken were given a choice of death or slavery.

Sixty thousand captives were made slaves in the city of Rur, among whom were “thirty ladies of royal blood.” One-fifth of the slaves and booty were set apart for the caliph’s treasury and dispatched to Damascus, while the rest were scattered among the “army of Islam.”

The nineteenth century Indian Islamic scholar Abdullah Yusuf Ali, whose translation of the Qur’an is considered the most authentic, had the courage to be honest when he put a footnote to the Quranic verse mentioned above: “The point does not now arise as the whole conditions and incidents of war have been altered and slavery has been abolished by international agreement.”

But courage to face facts is rare among many Muslims today. I asked the writers of the Toronto Star and The Independent columns why they had not addressed the passages of the Qur’an that permit Muslims to take slaves. They did not answer.

I wrote to a woman who told Christiane Amanpour of CNN that “Boko Haram do not understand Islam.” I asked her why she had not addressed Sharia law that permits taking non-Muslim females as POWs. She too, did not respond.

We Muslims are caught in a conundrum. If the Arab general bin Qasim is our hero for enslaving non-Muslim women in India in the eighth century, how could Boko Haram be judged wrong for doing exactly the same in Nigeria today?

All we Muslims need do today is to echo Abdullah Yusuf Ali by saying, “what was permitted in the seventh century, is no longer applicable in the twenty-first.” But alas, neither honesty nor courage comes easy.

Muslims must be honest about Qur’an | FATAH | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

afako and sydsnyper like this.
  3. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Interesting there is a silence from Arabians/Muslim countries on that massive killings and abductions of girls in the name of Islam and Allah.

So this means they are ok with the way Boko Haram is representing Islam??? Silent approval? :hmm:

Is this the way "Religion Of Peace" proves it stands for Love,Peace,Brotherhood,Equality etc etc etc?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    HeinzGud and lion like this.
  4. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

HONEST :rofl:

what about 4 live witness for prove [email protected]
    STONING
    forget about quran can any Muslim leader CONDEMN WHY MUSLIM MOB LYNCHED 58 KIDS&WOMEN in public train :tsk:

rock127 and sesha_maruthi27 like this.
  5. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

When did that happen???

6. jus

Really ??

The starting point of GREAT MUSLIM GENOCIDE killing of very :sad:Innocent Muslims Gujrat 2002

7. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

Oops... slipped my mind...

8. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

Oh ..... the whole world ....bows its head in shame ....

Also be aware that the great numbers game is being played or raher it's being acted out with MILITARY precision.
    Mob violence is not confined to one religion only - BUT the question is who has done more - over the ages ?
    As an act of deliberate policy - to be carried out consistently - to reduce the numbers of the "other side"

And never mind where you live or in whose system,
    whether you actually "own" the system or not
    as long as you produce more children than other religions, you are winning the great NUMBERS game.

So yes there has been violence either way but the overall balance ? the numbers ? and look at the
    birth and death rates ? who is increasing ?

So are we to be blind to these NUMBERS ? are we to be aware ? and are we to just be aware and
    watch it happening in front of us and be HELPLESS to do anything about it ?

You see many Indian people are good an complex maths - but what about the simpler maths - simple NUMBERS ?

are we, compared to someone else, actually
    LOSING OUT ON THE simplistic aspects of that NUMBERS GAME ?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  9. jus

May be it true in 7-20 century 21st century GAME RULES CHANGED

When we see in Colleges or Street......... LOSERS FORM GANGS that is not strength it is called weakness

Their life end in jails/mafia/Drivers/beggars....in Slums

I don't think ISLAM WILL SURVIVE another 10yrs in present form (may turn moderate Turkey/Indonesia/Malaysia..)

their strength is MOB or Brotherhood Now the same idea is Collapsed & Their weakness Exploited
    Their Blood spilling all over in their own hands there is no turn back like Mafia GANGS EITHER U are IN or DEAD (SUNNI,SHIA,AHMADI,TALIBAN,LIBERALS,ISMAIL etc) and Rest of World united

If my parents r Muslims.......... i'm 200%shore i will change my religion (i think Most) so who knows may be Number Fall Gradually ACHE DIN ANEWALA HI :rofl: abki baar Modi sarkar

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. fyodor

fyodor Regular Member

Muslim society is ultra ultra-conservative. Muslim women should realize that it keeps them in jail. But the fear of hell is pushed so deeply inside them that it is very difficult to see the light.

11. afako

afako Regular Member

There is nothing called Moderate Islam.

Islam is Quran and Hadeeths only.

If Muslims deviates from Quran, there is punishment ascribed by Allah in the Holy Quran. In most cases, death for the Muslim.