Muslims in Western Nations

santosh10

I have no idea what would it be in other places, but in China few people want a Muslim neighbor...I don't mean to discriminate Muslims, but I think they should at least obey the local majority's customs first. Not a curse, but I'm afraid one day in future India will break apart due to the Muslim-Hindu conflict again......and maybe only god knows whether there'll be another Mohandas Ghandi at that time.
India will not break up because of the religious differentiation because the religious differentiation is one of the many differences that is there in the Indian society and it is managing to live with these differences, even if at times, it gets a trifle frayed.

Indian Mujaheddin with lesson of Commonwealth Nations/UK

we have main threat from Pakistan and Bangladeshi Muslims, who have typical enemy background, and have entered here with the single purpose, as stated by the above member.

and as i have said about the "greatest challenge" imposed on India, the nation, its not Pakistan but its the Bangladeshi Muslims who have entered here on false IDs, backed by US/UK too. :ranger:

Indian Mujahidin like Azmal Kasab coming from Pakistan, with Hindu type red stings, as guided by UK and its friend, was already a problem. while Indian Mujaheddin growing stronger by more inductees of Bagladeshi Muslims, mainly have back from the US/UK/Commonwealth nations, who have taught these people, "first become a friend, 'Indian' Mujaheddin, to have the best position to attack.".

attacks on the Indian students only in UK/Canada/Australia during 2009-20, by single out Indians in these countries, was following economic crisis 2008-09, and continuing its consequences on India type developing countries to date :ranger:

no wonder why we saw Indian Mujahidin came in light since IPL 2008 itself, by the first bomb blast by this newly born terrorist group, coming from Pakistan+Bangladesh, by using funds of UK/Commonwealth nations, backed by US itself.... the falling nations, falling economies, and their last efforts in this country with funding "good terrorists" by using tax money of their tax payers for this purpose.....

we may even have a war just to target tax payers/voters of these countries, if their elected government dont stop till a certain time......

Last edited:

santosh10

Xinjiang: Has China's crackdown on 'terrorism' worked?
2 January 2015

"Kashgar is not stable."

The words of a paramilitary police officer as he marched past me under the statue of Chairman Mao in China's westernmost city.

It was the answer to my question: "Why are there so many armoured trucks, so many armed officers, so many police dogs?"

A history scarred by civil war and foreign invasion makes many Chinese citizens hanker for strong central government.

But for security, they pay a high price in civil liberties.

Especially in border areas like this which are so different from mainstream China and where the pressure to show loyalty is correspondingly immense.

The government is watching every citizen.

The BBC's China Editor Carrie Gracie recently paid a visit to Kashgar city in the Xinjiang region

'Triple evil'

I was in Kashgar to tackle one of the hardest China stories to cover.

The story, according to the Chinese government, is "a triple evil", a mix of religious extremism, separatism and terrorism.

In May, it announced a year-long security campaign after a shocking series of attacks made the state look weak.

Exiles and human rights groups say the story is that the state itself is making matters worse, and the violence is fuelled by repression against a religious and ethnic minority, China's Muslim Uighurs.

Uighurs and Xinjiang

Uighur culture leans more towards Central Asia than China

Uighurs are ethnically Turkic Muslims and make up about 45% of the region's population; 40% are Han Chinese :ranger:

China re-established control in 1949 after crushing the short-lived state of East Turkestan

Since then, there has been large-scale immigration of Han Chinese

Uighurs say they have been economically marginalised and fear their traditional culture is being eroded

Why is there tension between China and the Uighurs?

line

Xinjiang is China's largest administrative region and borders eight countries :ranger:

Chinese or Muslim first?

I wanted to see the counter-terror crackdown at first hand, to hear from Uighurs about the religious restrictions they now face, and to make my own assessment of how the two relate.

The mission was made much harder by government surveillance both of me as a foreign journalist and of the people I was trying to talk to.

Kashgar is the last stop before Pakistan, :facepalm:, closer to Baghdad than it is to Beijing. It's at the far western edge of the troubled province of Xinjiang, home to 10 million Uighurs.

China doesn't trust the loyalty of these citizens. It worries about whether they are Chinese first or Muslim first. :ranger:

Which is why alongside the security push, the past six months have seen sweeping restrictions on religious expression.

The further west and further south you go in Xinjiang, the more troubled the past and the present.

This land has seen empires come and go.

In the 20th Century, even the Russians dabbled here from just over the border in Soviet Central Asia, supporting Uighur claims for an independent state of East Turkestan.

But the Chinese Communist Party sees Xinjiang as an integral part of the People's Republic of China and teaches its citizens that the determination to hold onto it is not about mineral wealth or the geopolitics of Central Asia but a sacred trust for Chinese patriots.

China continues to step up the security presence in many key Xinjiang towns and cities

Just two days before I arrived, the area had seen another violent attack in which 15 people had died.

"The government wants to discourage religion; no official is allowed to pray in a mosque and no one under the age of 18 is allowed in" Uighur man

As so often, the incident involved a vehicle ploughing into a crowd and multiple attackers with knives and homemade explosives who were then shot dead by police.

At least 200 people have now died in clashes related to Xinjiang over the past six months and perhaps half of those killed are the attackers themselves. :rofl:
:thumb:

So what is causing young Uighur men to commit acts of violence which so often end in their own deaths?

The Chinese government says they are being poisoned by the holy war propaganda of militant Islam, propaganda flooding across the border from Pakistan and Afghanistan on DVDs, mobile phones and internet.

As part of the year-long counter-terrorism campaign, Chinese police said they have confiscated thousands of videos inciting terrorism and blocked online materials teaching terrorist techniques.

Security surveillance or paranoia: Will China's measures successfully counter terrorism fears?

Discouraging religion

As I travelled between Kashgar and a neighbouring city on a public bus, I witnessed young Uighur men obediently filing off at police checkpoints so that their phones could be checked for religious materials.

"No one will employ Uighur workers if they had a Han alternative; they are lazy and incompetent" A Han Chinese man

"Nothing religious at all. You can have nothing at all on there," one man told me as we watched another climb back on the bus and reassembled his phone.

"The government wants to discourage religion. No official is allowed to pray in a mosque. And no one under the age of 18 is allowed in. No children."

A Uighur police officer told me the same thing. "I am a practising Muslim but I can't pray at the mosque."

When I asked how he felt about this, he looked nervously around him and pulled a wry expression.

His caution was understandable. It is dangerous to complain about any government policies in Xinjiang.

To the state, any criticism is construed as sympathy with the "three evils" of religious extremism, separatism and terrorism.

Chinese authorities insist that Xinjiang is now on the radar of international jihdism

The government insists its terror problem is a foreign import, that Xinjiang is now on the radar of international jihad.

It says the internet is poisoning young Uighur minds with off the shelf visions of martyrdom and a sense of belonging to a bigger mission.

Certainly a suicide attack on Tiananmen Square a year ago which killed and maimed many innocent tourists was accompanied by a video in which the attackers pledged holy war.

Earlier this year, Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi criticised Beijing's policies in Xinjiang and asked all Chinese Muslims to pledge allegiance to him instead.

An English-language magazine released by al-Qaeda described Xinjiang as an occupied Muslim land to be recovered into the Caliphate.

But China makes no attempt to distinguish between religious extremists who may be prepared to carry out or condone acts of terror, and those in Xinjiang with a religious, political or economic grievance which they attempt to resolve peacefully.

One of the things I tried to do in Xinjiang was to visit the home village of the Tiananmen Square attackers.

I'd read reports that the beginning of their alienation was not jihadist videos but rage against the state for demolishing parts of their mosque. I wanted to understand more about their psychological journey from law-abiding Chinese citizens to vengeful martyrs.

The ethnic Uighur population used to be the majority in China's Xinjiang region

Chinese officials blamed the attack at Tiananmen Square on separatists from Xinjiang

'Spies everywhere'

Despite several attempts to reach the village, I was not allowed in. Whether by Uighur citizens or foreign journalists, the government is simply unwilling to tolerate public discussion of the role of religious, political and economic grievances in creating its Xinjiang problem.

But I did see evidence that those grievances are mounting.

I talked to men who complained that they were no longer allowed to grow a beard, and to women who are no longer allowed to wear a veil.:thumb:

A Uighur guard at a Kashgar hospital told me women who insisted on covering their face would not be admitted for medical treatment.

And a Uighur government official told me he hated his job because he could not speak any truth and there were "spies everywhere".

There are also rumbling economic grievances.

Uighurs are now a minority in their own homeland and some complained to me that they face discrimination when it comes to jobs.

One Uighur boss of a construction company conceded: "The top jobs in my company all go to Han Chinese. They have the education and we Uighurs simply don't."

And a Han Chinese was even more disparaging.

"No one would employ Uighur workers if they had a Han alternative. The Uighurs are lazy and incompetent. It will cost you three times as much to get the job done and it still won't be done to the same standard."

Even in their traditional crafts, Uighur livelihoods are under threat.

A metal worker crouched over his anvil told me: "I've been doing this for 20 years. It takes me two weeks to make a fine teapot. But now the machine made goods from China are flooding in. It's hard to make a living."

Prominent Uighur academic Ilham Tohti was found guilty of 'separatism' by a Chinese court this year

Over the past 30 years, Chinese policy makers have assumed that economic growth in Xinjiang would stifle dissent but in some ways, modernisation seems to have made Uighur marginalisation worse.

President Xi visited Xinjiang just before the counter-terror crackdown and promised more economic opportunity, saying the Uighur and Han peoples must be "as close as the seeds of the pomegranate".

But the President also urged "decisive action"¦ to resolutely suppress the terrorists' rampant momentum".

And in the short term, this action is more visible than the other.

China continues to grapple with the 'rampant momentum' of a terrorist threat in Xinjiang

After a brief visit to Xinjiang, my provisional assessment is that despite the police officer telling me "Kashgar was not stable", the overall security situation in the province was under control and there was no meaningful challenge from militant Islam.

I saw a lot of security. On key roads, in airports, on city streets. :ranger:

But I did not see the level of police tension or preparedness that would suggest China was grappling with the "rampant momentum" of a serious terrorist threat.

What I did see instead was a Uighur community under intense surveillance, a community whose already very limited freedoms of speech, religion and movement are now being shrunk further.

Without any legitimate space in which to vent about this, the grim probability is that violence will go on, with some young Uighurs enraged and desperate enough to choose death in a hail of bullets rather than what they see as a life of subjugation.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-30373877

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I have no idea what would it be in other places, but in China few people want a Muslim neighbor...I don't mean to discriminate Muslims, but I think they should at least obey the local majority's customs first. Not a curse, but I'm afraid one day in future India will break apart due to the Muslim-Hindu conflict again......and maybe only god knows whether there'll be another Mohandas Ghandi at that time.
That will be your wet dream wouldn't it ? We know you want that so stop showing fake concern about India whilst simulatanously subtly sowing seeds of divide and rule. Go back and read proper history, gandhi could not stop pakistan from being created. Creation of pakistan has a wider dimension than hindu muslims cant live together.

dastan

There won't be another division, if anything, there'll be a unification of Pakistan and Bangladesh with India to form the Islamic Republic of akhand bharat - as pan islamic brotherhood trumps nationalism. And trust me by the turn of century with about 6-7 billion population, majority Muslims China would regret wanting to have a Muslim neighbor.

santosh10

Xinjiang: Has China's crackdown on 'terrorism' worked?
2 January 2015

"Kashgar is not stable."

The government is watching every citizen.

'Triple evil'

I was in Kashgar to tackle one of the hardest China stories to cover.

Kashgar is the last stop before Pakistan, :facepalm:, closer to Baghdad than it is to Beijing. It's at the far western edge of the troubled province of Xinjiang, home to 10 million Uighurs.

China doesn't trust the loyalty of these citizens. It worries about whether they are Chinese first or Muslim first. :ranger:

At least 200 people have now died in clashes related to Xinjiang over the past six months and perhaps half of those killed are the attackers themselves. :rofl:
:thumb:

So what is causing young Uighur men to commit acts of violence which so often end in their own deaths?

The Chinese government says they are being poisoned by the holy war propaganda of militant Islam, propaganda flooding across the border from Pakistan and Afghanistan on DVDs, mobile phones and internet.

As I travelled between Kashgar and a neighbouring city on a public bus, I witnessed young Uighur men obediently filing off at police checkpoints so that their phones could be checked for religious materials.

No official is allowed to pray in a mosque. And no one under the age of 18 is allowed in. No children."

A Uighur police officer told me the same thing. "I am a practising Muslim but I can't pray at the mosque."

'Spies everywhere'

I talked to men who complained that they were no longer allowed to grow a beard, and to women who are no longer allowed to wear a veil.:thumb:

But the President also urged "decisive action"¦ to resolutely suppress the terrorists' rampant momentum". :ranger:
bbc.com/news/world-asia-30373877
@Ray @The Messiah @dastan

Ray sir, you have enough knowledge of China, how do you see these news? Pakistan+Bangladesh have been great supporters of China, while the closest town to Pakistan belongs to those Muslims, whose loyalty China doesn't trust at all....

the above are few key lines of the news, how do you see emerging superpower China tackling extremism?

=>

The White Man to our shores to peddle in herbs, etc. We were kind to them, and look what they have done to us S Asians! It is payback time. We are gradually taking over.Don't be misled by the religious bunkum. That's just to divert attention. Compared to the West, our societies are far happier, balanced and welfare oriented. In the West it is Money that can buy you justice/law, political power, everything. The common man/womaninthe West is nothing.
as a Bangladeshi Muslim, how would you see these developments in China? :ranger:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China with its draconian ways of crushing underfoot every small act against the Communist Party, as also stifling dissent or opinions contrary to the Chinese Communist philosophy has tasted the wrath of real dissent in Xinjiang.

The Tibetan Buddhists are docile, but not the Born Again Muslims of Xinjiang. Therefore, if China thinks they can act in the manner they acted against the Tibetan freedom movement chaps, the Chinese has a second guess coming.

Pakistan may appear to have a democratically elected Govt and it may appear that the Army has it under control. Actually, they have marginal control, when it comes to the fundamentalist Islamic hordes that actually run riot in Pakistan. They are avowed in their pursuit to spread radical Islam and they, the radical fundamentalists, are not concerned about the so called 'love' the Pakistanis have for the Chinese.

They believe

And so the Chinese will have no respite, even as their money used to woo Pakistan vanishes

santosh10

China with its draconian ways of crushing underfoot every small act against the Communist Party, as also stifling dissent or opinions contrary to the Chinese Communist philosophy has tasted the wrath of real dissent in Xinjiang.
All Muslims feel for fellow Muslims. Bangladeshis see China as a true friend. Sino-BD friendship is geostrategically vital for our national security.

i do appreciate you to trust your friend, which doesn't trust 'any' citizen of ""‹"‹"‹"‹Kashgar", a bordering city to Pakistan. as Bangladesh was also East Pakistan till 1971, a Muslim country......

and its not just Pakistan or Bangladesh, we find China has the most peaceful border with India only. and yes, religion is the major issue in world at present. and China looking going for a 'decisive' action against its main religious rival, as per this report of BBC of my last 2 posts :ranger:

Last edited:

santosh10

Kashgar is the last stop before Pakistan,

China doesn't trust the loyalty of these citizens. It worries about whether they are Chinese first or Muslim first.

"The government wants to discourage religion. No official is allowed to pray in a mosque. And no one under the age of 18 is allowed in. No children."

'Spies everywhere'

I talked to men who complained that they were no longer allowed to grow a beard, and to women who are no longer allowed to wear a veil. :tup:

BBC News - Xinjiang: Has China's crackdown on 'terrorism' worked?

No, we shouldn't support Xingjiang separatism. Separatism in Xingjiang is fueled by an Islamic separate state ideology, which has the potential to turn radical. Groups from Pakistan have sent feelers to Xingjiang separatists. India's best bet is to have nothing to do with Xingjiang, let Paki-Islamic groups run their course in Xingjiang, and in doing that, let China feel the bite of having supported Pakistan, much in the same way Pakistan is feeling the bite of terrorist groups it supported.

Pakistan and Bangladesh "as a State" Vs a Source of Export of Islamic Fanaticism

Pakistan always stands between two aspects, first as a State for its own people only, and the second and the most powerful aspect is the religion, fighting for Islam in world. similarly we always find Bangladesh start exporting Islamic Fanatic people to promote Islam. a difference between China, which reduce population, and Pakistan+Bangladesh, which have increased their population from 34million and 36million in 1947 respectively, to over 180million and 170million respectively at present.....

and then even a friendly country like China struggle with his friends, Pakistan+Bangladesh. whether they would speak to a 'state' of Pakistan, or would be worried with a country which has become a center of export of Islamic terrorism. and the consequences China facing on its bordering state of Xinjiang.....

similar things we find about US and UK too, whenever they keep any sympathy for the immigrants of Pakistan+Bangladesh, these communities suddenly become a source of increase of Muslim population in Britain, heavily dependent on Social Security because of big families this way, along with increase in Islamic Fanaticism in UK too this way....
Risk of poverty is unevenly spread in terms of region, ethnicity, household structure and disability status. Over half (52%) of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are in relative poverty, while children living in families with at least one disabled member have a 29% chance of living in poverty, compared with 20% for those living in families with no disabled member. The additional costs associated with (religious) disability mean that a narrow focus on incomes does not fully capture the levels of disadvantage experienced

//bristol.ac.uk/poverty/downloads/keyofficialdocuments/CONDEM -poverty-report.pdf

and this is how the Western countries struggle with immigrants of India, China as compare to Pakistan+Bangladesh. your support for Pakistan+Bangladesh suddenly brings you on the side of supporting rise of Islamic Fanaticism within UK/US. while Indian-Chinese with low population but are rising because of higher competency as compare to the locals in western nations.....
(here, if i say that population of Pakistani+Bangladeshi Muslims combined, would be higher than the population of Indians+Chinese combined in Britain/UK, people here would laugh but its a truth on the ground level, check. china and India, the two largest population countries.....)

=> to clear this topic more, have you ever heard India as a center of exporting Hindu Terrorism to China, while it share such a long border with China? i hope none in world might have made this joke before, even if India and China have fought wars in past, and are open rivals. neither you would have heard that Russia exporting Orthodox Christian terrorism to China, even if they too have fought wars with each others in 50s and 60s. but whenever you hear any bomb blast in Xinjiang state of China, you would find the source of its support came from the terror groups based in Pakistan. even if Pakistan is one of the closest ally of China, one of China's best friend "as a state of Pakistan", sharing very small border with China with this state only :facepalm:

Uighurs and China's Xinjiang Region

XUAR (Xinxiang Uighur Autonomous Region), or East Turkistan, is a territory in western China that accounts for one-sixth of China's land and is home to about twenty million people from thirteen major ethnic groups, the largest of which (more than eight million) is the Uighurs [PRON: WEE-gurs], a predominantly Muslim community with ties to Central Asia. The Uyghur American Association (UAA) says that East Turkistan is a part of Central Asia, not of China. Some Uighurs call China's presence in Xinjiang a form of imperialism, and there have been movements for independence since the1990s through separatist groups like the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM), inflamed in part by large migrations of Han Chinese to the region.

In February 2012, at least a dozen people died after being attacked on the street by Muslims armed with knives near Kashgar, the western part of Xinxiang located near China's border with Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. After the Chinese government said the men involved had links to terrorists in Pakistan, a Chinese woman was also killed in Pakistan in what was considered a retaliatory attack. China claims the rioters were trained in Pakistan and has asked Pakistan to take "credible measures" to safeguard its citizens. XUAR shares borders with five Muslim countries--Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan--which seems to be a Chinese concern. The China-Pakistan relationship in particular has been strained by the recent killings, and questions about China's traditional friendship with Pakistan are rising.

Terrorism and Counterterrorism

During the 1990s, Uighur separatist groups in Xinjiang began frequent attacks against the Chinese government. The most famous of these groups was the ETIM, labeled as a terrorist organization by China, the United States, and the UN Security Council. China claims the group has links to al-Qaeda and says that they were trained in jihadi terror camps in Pakistan to launch attacks in Urumqi. :tsk: Reports say Pakistani officials have also admitted that the militants in western China have ties to the Pakistani Taliban and other militants in northwestern Pakistani regions along the Afghan border. Pakistan, a close ally, has assured China of full support to contain terrorism in China. Concern about Uighur terrorism flared in August 2008--just days before the Beijing Olympics--when two men attacked a military police unit (NYT) in Xinjiang, killing sixteen.

The Chinese government has taken steps to combat both separatists and terrorists in its western province and monitors religious activity in the region to keep religious leaders from spreading separatist views. Since September 11, 2001, China has raised international awareness of Uighur-related terrorism and linked its actions to the Bush administration's so-called war on terror.

But many experts say China exaggerates the danger posed by Uighur terrorists. While China has accused the Uighurs of plotting thousands of attacks, Andrew J. Nathan, a China expert at Columbia University, says, "You have to be very suspicious of those numbers."

Some experts, including Bequelin, say China's anti-separatist campaign provokes resentment, which can lead to more terrorism. But others say China's counterterrorism measures have been somewhat successful. A review of U.S. State Department documents shows a decrease in Uighur-related terrorism since the end of the 1990s. ETIM, classified as a terrorist organization during the Bush administration, is not listed as Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) anymore in the list updated in January 2012.

A 2010 report from the Congressional Research Service examines U.S.-China cooperation on counterterrorism, noting that tensions remain over handling Uighurs. The United States refused to hand over five Uighurs who had been captured by U.S. forces in Pakistan in 2001, despite Chinese calls to do so. After their release from Guantanamo Bay in May 2006, the Uighurs were instead transferred to Albania. In June 2009, four Uighurs who had been detained at Guantanamo were resettled in Bermuda.

Thirteen other Uighur detainees, said to be resettled in Palau, have not yet been resettled or returned to China. Though a U.S. district court ordered their release, the ruling was overturned by a U.S. Court of Appeals, which ruled that the district court "did not have the power to override immigration laws and force the executive branch to release foreigners into the United States." The issue is further complicated as the Congress passed legislation to prevent the transfer of detainees from Guantanamo to the United States.

Uighurs and China's Xinjiang Region - Council on Foreign Relations[/url]

Last edited:

santosh10

The Tibetan Buddhists are docile, but not the Born Again Muslims of Xinjiang. Therefore, if China thinks they can act in the manner they acted against the Tibetan freedom movement chaps, the Chinese has a second guess coming.

Pakistan may appear to have a democratically elected Govt and it may appear that the Army has it under control. Actually, they have marginal control, when it comes to the fundamentalist Islamic hordes that actually run riot in Pakistan. They are avowed in their pursuit to spread radical Islam and they, the radical fundamentalists, are not concerned about the so called 'love' the Pakistanis have for the Chinese.

They believe

And so the Chinese will have no respite, even as their money used to woo Pakistan vanishes

as in my post#46, it would be really interesting to see how China go ahead with its "decisive action" against 'triple evils' its receiving from its border with Pakistan.

and as discussed in my post#49, Pakistan as a State has very little control over Islamic Fanaticism. isn't it the same "Islamic Democracy", why minority Hindu, Christian, Sikh, etc are almost gone from there, while now they have targeted Shia and Ahmadis sections of Islam?

its simple that majority Muslims crushing minorities everywhere, by over 50% votes in their election for this purpose, mainly in Pakistan+Bangladesh. and now China is facing this import of Islamic extremism from that State of Pakistan, which simply can't control its export oriented Islamic Fanaticism :ranger:

santosh10

@Ray

here, how do you see "Bangladeshi Islamic Democracy", which generally crush its minorities in numbers "tens of thousands" in time to time, as discussed below? :ranger:

25,000-Muslim rioters torch Buddhist temples, homes in Bangladesh:facepalm:
September 30, 2012

A statue of Lord Buddha is left standing amidst the torched ruins of the Lal Ching Buddhist temple at Ramu, some 350 kilometres (216 miles) from the capital Dhaka on September 30, 2012 (AFP Photo)

Tens of thousands-of rioters left a trail of destruction in southeastern Bangladesh as they torched Buddhist temples and homes near the town of Ramu. The violence was sparked by a photo posted on Facebook that allegedly insulted Islam.

A 25,000-strong mob set fire to at least five temples and dozens of homes throughout the town and surrounding villages after seeing the picture, which they claimed was posted by Uttam Barua, a local Buddhist man, AFP reported.

The group chanted God is Great while setting fire to the centuries-old temples.

"I have seen 11 wooden temples, two of them 300 years old, torched by the mob. They looted precious items and Buddha statues from the temples. Shops owned by Buddhists were also looted," local journalist Sunil Barua said.

Statues are pictured at the burnt Buddhist temple of Shima Bihar at Ramu, some 350 kilometres (216 miles) southeast of the capital Dhaka on September 30, 2012 (AFP Photo)

A Bangladeshi man stands amidst the torched ruins of the Buddhist temple called Ramu Moitree Bihar (Ramu Friendship Temple) at Ramu, some 350 kilometres (216 miles) southeast of the capital Dhaka on September 30, 2012 (AFP Photo)

Security forces were deployed to contain the uprising: "At least 100 houses were damaged. We called in army and border guards to quell the violence," district administrator Joinul Bari said.

No casualties were reported, and authorities did not confirm whether police arrested any of the rioters.

Buddhist monks protested against the attacks on Sunday, forming a human chain in the country's capital of Dhaka.

Bangladeshi Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir said the attacks were pre-planned, and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice.-

A temple burnt by Muslims is seen in Cox"²s Bazar September 30, 2012 (Reuters / Stringer)

"The attack was conducted in a coordinated manner. Temples and houses were set on fire using patrol and gun powder. It would have been impossible if the attacks were not planned," he told Bangladesh Bd news24.

The government will provide financial assistance for reconstruction of the damaged houses and temple, Alamgir said.

Before launching their attacks, Muslims publicly rallied against the picture and called for Barua's arrest. However, several Facebook users said that Barua did not post the photo, and that he was linked to the photo after group called 'Insult Allah' tagged his name on the image.

Religious tensions on the rise

Bangladeshi Buddhist monks form a human chain during a protest against attacks on Buddhist temples and homes, in front of national press club in Dhaka September 30, 2012 (Reuters / Andrew Biraj)

Buddhists make up less than one percent of Bangladesh's population, and-sectarian clashes-between they and the country's Muslim majority are rare. Tensions between the communities have risen since June, when deadly clashes erupted between Buddhists and Muslim Rohingya in nearby Myanmar.

Thousands of Muslims also took to the streets across Bangladesh over the past few weeks in protest against a US-made video and French cartoons that mock the Prophet Muhammad.

On Saturday,-tens of thousands-of activists from the Islamist group Jamiyat-e-Hizbullah protested the video and cartoons near the national mosque in Dhaka.

A Bangladeshi man stands amidst the torched ruins of the Buddhist temple called Ramu Moitree Bihar (Ramu Friendship Temple) at Ramu, some 350 kilometres (216 miles) southeast of the capital Dhaka on September 30, 2012 (AFP Photo)

Bangladeshi Buddhist monks form a human chain during a protest against attacks on Buddhist temples and homes, in front of national press club in Dhaka September 30, 2012 (Reuters / Andrew Biraj)
//rt.com/news/buddhist-temples-torched-bangladesh-342/

Sambha ka Boss

@Ray

here, how do you see "Bangladeshi Islamic Democracy", which generally crush its minorities in numbers "tens of thousands" in time to time, as discussed below? :ranger:
They have already wiped out Hindus from Hindu majority Khulna and Chakma Buddhist from Buddhist majority Chittagong Hill Track which was 97% Chakma majority at the time of partition.

dastan

They have already wiped out Hindus from Hindu majority Khulna and Chakma Buddhist from Buddhist majority Chittagong Hill Track which was 97% Chakma majority at the time of partition.
I guess the present awami government does believe, or atleast pretend to for Hindu votes, in secular ethos and unsurprisingly this is a cause for great discontent among the majority who accuse hasina and rest of her ilk to be RAW sponsored

Sambha ka Boss

I guess the present awami government does believe, or atleast pretend to for Hindu votes, in secular ethos and unsurprisingly this is a cause for great discontent among the majority who accuse hasina and rest of her ilk to be RAW sponsored
Have you heard of enemy property act. Neither Awami or BNP tried to scrap it.

santosh10

It's not repealed yet? Iirc there was some news on the Parliament deciding to return land of those affected some time back
Bangladesh simply needs to have One Child Policy, or shift its Muslim population to other Muslim nations, or to US/UK itself

there is no meaning of having as much population, which can't be fed by the limited resources a certain country has.. specially in case of a highly Sunni Fanaticism Muslim population country like Bangladesh.

its worse to see people dying without dignity, than to just reduce or kill the over population. either Bangladesh will learn it by its own, or the Nature will teach them.

and here India need to defend itself from this "existential threat" coming from Bangladesh :india:

Last edited:

santosh10

I am an Indian Hindu, but I still think you're being a little unfair to the Muslims. No one ever encountered problems with Muslims, say a century ago. In fact, the stereotype of the Muslim at that time was that of a meek person. Only in recent times, so-called Muslim problem has cropped up. That itself should tell you something: that Muslims are reacting to unfavorable circumstances.
The very fact that you overwork the phrase - I am an Indian Hindu - indicates that you are neither.

You come out as convulated as that chap Biswas, who is an Indian and a Muslim, but a fanboy of the ISIS.

For your information, the divide is age old given a boost by the British 'Divide and Rule' Policy.

Please address the issues rather than bleating on the irrelevant.

Indian Muzahidin Coming From Pakistan and Bangladesh

sir, once Genius introduced me as an Indian Genius, placed in Bangladesh as a software engineer, after a tough competition, selection.... and if we check ID of this Little Fish, he/she would also be from either Pak or BD, check....

'Indian' Muzahidin like Azmal Kasab, coming from Pakistan+Bangladesh, is now something we commonly know. and if we have a look on the news as below, this growth of Indian Muzahidin in Eastern India, mainly has members from Bangladesh, check :ranger:

//timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/IM-growing-stronger-in-northeast-Bangladesh/articleshow/21608922.cms
=> have a look on this IM's member as below, having Hindu Type red stings on hands too, and its similar to the IDs of the above two members, Mr Genius and Mr/Ms Little Fish both. like how Mr Genius claims to be an Indian Hindu, with his genius efforts... :tsk:
:facepalm:

//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Mohammed_Ajmal_Kasab.jpg
//i.ndtvimg.com/mt/2012-11/Ajmal-kasab-295x200.jpg

Last edited:

santosh10

@Ray

here, i think the article as below may also have a place here :thumb:

=>
The Secret Plot to Blame India

Jundal's arrest exposes Pak's agenda of turning 26/11 into an Indian conspiracy

On May 21, 2009, Ajmal Amir Kasab, the sole surviving Pakistani gunman from the 26/11 attack, was giving evidence in the court of Justice M.L. Tahaliyani at Mumbai's Arthur Road prison. Suddenly, he dropped a name. The person, he said, who had been their principal guide during the 60-hour operation from a control room in Karachi was Abu Jundal. No one in India had heard this name. Some were puzzled. Prosecution lawyer UjjwalNikam believed it was misinformation. And, as so often, the name Abu Jundal disappeared into a file.

Three years later, on June 21, 2012, Saudi Arabia bundled a wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative, Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, 30, on a plane and sent him to New Delhi. Ansari had more than one alias; among them was Abu Jundal. When Kasab, from his Mumbai cell, heard that Abu Jundal had been deported by the Saudis and was a captive in India, he became, say his jailors, contemplative. The final pieces of a complex puzzle was coming together. Perhaps the most deceptive element in the exhaustive planning that had gone into the barbaric terrorist attack on Mumbai, conceived by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and implemented by LeT, was a poisonous sting in the tail. When the horror that took 166 lives was over, the ISI wanted to leave behind enough false trails to implicate Indians for its most spectacular offensive against India.

It was a plot in which Ansari was a key protagonist. Born in Gevrai village in Maharashtra's Beed district, he completed his matriculation and did an Industrial Training Institute course to become an electrician. He became an anti-India radical after the 2002 Gujarat riots and went into the shadows of terrorism, first joining the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), then the LeT.

Ansari came on the police radar for another plot against India, in transporting a shipment of 43 kg of RDX, 16 AK-47 assault rifles and 50 hand grenades to Aurangabad in 2006. This shipment, meant for a terror attack, was intercepted by the Maharashtra police. Under pressure, Ansari contacted LeT and fled to Pakistan. His name entered the public domain when the Indian Government handed over a list of 50 Most Wanted Fugitives to the Pakistani authorities in March 2007.

But Ansari was proving to be an invaluable asset for the LeT. A highly committed operative, he knew the layout of the land and directed terrorists during the attack on Mumbai on November 26, 2008. He was involved in plotting the blast at Pune's German Bakery on February 13, 2010, that killed 17 people. But still, India did not know of his role in the 26/11 attack. The breakthrough came in May 2010 when the Delhi Police intercepted a call from an India-based terrorist, Ajmal, who was in touch with his Pakistani handler. Ajmal had planned an attack on foreigners during the Commonwealth Games in Delhi that year. He referred to his handler as Abu Jundal. The agencies tracked Jundal down inside Pakistan. He was using the alias of Riyasat Ali and shuttled between LeT's headquarters in Muridke, near Lahore, and Karachi. Then they made a stunning discovery. Jundal, Riyasat Ali and Zabiuddin Ansari were the same person. Now they waited for their target to travel out of Pakistan.

In early 2011, Pakistan issued a passport to him, and sent him to Saudi Arabia to recruit potential jihadis from Indian labourers on behalf of LeT. In the oil-rich port of Dammam, Ansari ran a small taxi rental business, posing as Pakistani national Riyasat Ali. The US intelligence alerted the Saudis about Ansari's terrorist links; Riyadh put him under surveillance. Meanwhile, New Delhi provided the Arab kingdom with proof that Riyasat Ali was Zabiuddin Ansari, anLeT operative and originally an Indian citizen. DNA samples of his relatives were sent to the Saudi government even as the home ministry provided evidence of Ansari's involvement in the Aurangabad arms haul case. Islamabad, fearing that his deportation could explode their ploy of deniability, still maintained that he was a Pakistani citizen and wanted him back.

But the Saudis interrogated Ansari and discovered that he was indeed anLeT operative. They had to take a call. Should they stand by their long-time ally Pakistan and let Ansari remain in Dammam or stand by international law and hand him over to India? The Kingdom chose India.

At a safe house of the Delhi Police's Special Cell in the Capital's Lodhi colony, Ansari has been telling his interrogators details of the secret plot at the core of the deadly attack on Mumbai. The intent was to land a double sucker punch. The first blow would devastate Mumbai. The second blow would, with just enough 'evidence', promote conspiracy theories among a section of media, opinion makers and political leaders that Hindu militants were behind the carnage.

The conspiracy theorists didn't let Pakistan down. "There is more to it than meets the eye," former Maharashtra chief minister Abdul RehmanAntulay said outside the LokSabha on December 18, 2008, about the death of Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad chief HemantKarkare. Karkare, Additional Commissioner Ashok Kamte and Inspector Vijay Salaskar had been ambushed and killed by AjmalKasab and his accomplice Ismail Khan on November 26, 2008. Karkare was probing the Malegaon blasts, which had resulted in the arrests of Hindu fringe elements such as Lt-Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit, SadhviPragya Thakur and Swami Aseemanand. Much of the Urdu press in India placed the blame for the attack on a diabolical Zionist-RSS nexus. Aziz Burney, group editor of leading Urdu newspaper RoznamaRashtriya Sahara blamed Hindu extremists. 'Is there any connection between the 26/11 attack and the Malegaon terror attack?' screamed a headline in the daily on November 29. 'This is a joint terror operation by SanghParivar and Mossad' said the Urdu Times of November 30, 2008. On December 5, RoznamaRashtriya Sahara ran another story: 'Who do you believe, Kasab the terrorist, or Karkare the martyr?' The paper hinted that the 26/11 attack was the work of Hindu fundamentalists and an elaborate plot to silence Karkare. 'Hindu terrorists are behind Mumbai attacks' said the AkhbareMashriq on December 6, 2008. In September 2009, a retired Maharashtra inspector-general of police, S.M. Mushrif, in his book Who Killed Karkare?, blamed the Intelligence Bureau and Hindu extremists for 26/11. :pakistan:

The conspiracy theory was also enthusiastically bought by politicians who wanted to mine the Muslim vote. On December 6, 2010, senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Digvijaya Singh released Burney's book 26/11-RSS kiSaazish, which accused the RSS of planning and executing the 26/11 attack. Five days later, Singh claimed that Karkare had rung him up hours before he was gunned down and complained about threats and pressure from radical Hindu groups.:tsk:

Ansari's confessions have further unravelled the secret Pakistani plot. He told interrogators of his role in teaching the 26/11 attackers Hindi. He would give them Hindi magazines and conduct conversations with them to sharpen their language skills before they left Karachi. He taught the attackers to blend into India-greet people with a proper 'namaste', maintain a low profile and be polite to women. There were other aspects to this smokescreen-the terrorists were made to wear sacred red threads bought for Rs.20 each by LeT scout David Coleman Headley from Mumbai's Siddhivinayak temple. All 10 terrorists carried fake identity cards of Arunodaya College, located in Hyderabad. They also took Hindu names. Ajmal Kasab became Sameer Choudhary and Ismail Khan was Naraish Verma. An LeT operative pretended to be 'Kharak Singh from India' and purchased Internet calling services from a US-based firm for $250 (Rupees10,000). The terrorists were told to communicate with their Karachi-based handlers using phones with Indian SIM cards.

The LeT, according to Ansari, monitored the attack from a specially created military-style command and control centre in Karachi, which was visited by LeT leaders and ISI officials. The control room had multiple television sets tuned into Indian TV channels, satellite telephones and computers. The handlers-Sajid Mir, Abu Al Qama, Abu Qahafa and Muzzammil-maintained constant communication with the 10 terrorists. Ansari tutored two of the LeT terrorists who had stormed into Nariman House on what to tell the Indian media in Hindi. He asked them to impersonate disgruntled Muslim youth. While doing this, he used a Hindi word prashaasan (administration). Indian intelligence agencies who tapped into the conversation were intrigued by the use of a Hindi word by a Pakistani controller.

Actually, Pakistan's web of deceit had begun imploding with the arrest of Headley, the LeT scout, by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation in June 2010. He told his Indian interrogators that the Pakistan Army and ISI were deeply involved in the 26/11 attack. He was in touch with two serving ISI officers, Major Iqbal and Major Samir Ali. Headley also made the chilling revelation that every senior LeT leader was "handled" by an ISI operative.

Ansari's interrogation brings fresh embarrassment for Pakistan. He has revealed the presence of Pakistan's ISI in the control room that the let set up to monitor and direct the attack. Ansari also clarified that the LeT has been unaffected by the arrest and ongoing trial of masterminds Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and Zarar Shah at an anti-terrorist court in Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail. The organisation is still plotting fresh attacks against India. The LeT is widely believed to be a proxy arm of the Pakistan Army. Its battle against India spilled out from Jammu and Kashmir to the Indian mainland. It was designated a "Foreign Terrorist Organisation" by the US in 2001 but the Americans saw it as an international threat only after the 26/11 attack. In April this year, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced a $10 million (Rupees50 crore) bounty for information leading to the arrest and capture of LeT supremo Hafiz Saeed.

What rankles Pakistan is that Ansari was arrested and deported by its closest ally, Saudi Arabia. The kingdom wields almost undiminished power over Pakistan's army and political establishment. Through the deportation of Ansari, it has indicated that it will no longer provide protection for Pakistan's terrorists. Another suspected terrorist, Fasih Mehmood of the Indian Mujahideen, has been detained by Saudi Arabia for his role in the twin blasts outside Bangalore's Chinnaswamy stadium on April 17, 2010. He faces imminent deportation to India.

Now that the conspiracy has been exposed, some of its original theorists have backtracked. Digvijaya Singh says he had already clarified about his post-26/11 comments. "There is nothing more to say. I am happy that Home Minister P. Chidambaram has upped the ante on the terror issue and has pressed Pakistan to admit facts relating to Jundal having trained terrorists who attacked Mumbai," he told India Today. Antulay called his November 27 statement "a genuine mistake". "Multiple theories were floating in the aftermath of the attack, especially the one revolving around the death of Karkare," he said.

Antulay admitted, however, that the Hindu terror angle had momentarily deflected the nation's attention from the LeT. Mushrif now refuses to comment because the 26/11 case is subjudice but says he never questioned Pakistan's role in the attack. "If someone wants to comment on this issue he should approach the court and seek a reinvestigation," he said. Burney's newspaper ran a front-page apology on January 29, 2010. Burney himself is, however, unapologetic and says many questions on 26/11 remain unanswered. Film producer-director Mahesh Bhatt says there is no denying Pakistan's involvement but refuses to believe the theories being floated by Indian investigators now and calls for a debate. "After the 9/11 attack, people in the US raised questions on the identity of the attackers. Nobody was apologetic about their views," he says.

Kavita Karkare, the widow of Hemant, believes recent developments have vindicated her stand that the attack was not an inside job. "I have been saying since the beginning that no Hindus are involved in it. Many people floated stories for political reasons. They fell flat," she says.

//media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2012July/rehman-malik_070712081339.jpg
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik.

Pakistan, though, remains unapologetic even as it tries to distance itself from its Indian collaborator. On June 27, just a week after Ansari's arrival in India, Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik hurriedly called for a press conference. "Now things are getting clarified," Malik said. "Who knows if there was a sting operation by somebody from India?" Malik, while defending his army and the ISI, was silent on how Ansari, an Indian citizen, managed to get a Pakistani passport and a National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis. In the run-up to the July 4-5 foreign secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan in New Delhi, an anonymous source in the Pakistan foreign office told the media that 40 Indians were involved in the Mumbai attack.

Clearly, one Ansari has not dampened the spirit of the world's most dangerous benefactor of jihad. Wait for the next round of conspiracy theories, written and sold by Islamabad.

- With Shantanu Guha Ray, Kiran Tare, Bhavna Vij-Aurora and Mohammad Waqa

//indiatoday.intoday.in/story/abu-jundal-arrest-kasab-mumbai-terror-attacks-conspiracy-theories/1/204085.html]Jundal's arrest exposes Pak's agenda of turning 26/11 into an Indian conspiracy : Cover Story - India Today
//indiatoday.intoday.in/story/abu-jundal-arrest-kasab-mumbai-terror-attacks-conspiracy-theories/1/204085.html]Jundal's arrest exposes Pak's agenda of turning 26/11 into an Indian conspiracy : Cover Story - India Today

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles