Muslims in Govt. or Communist service banned from Ramadan fasting

Ashutosh Lokhande

Re: Breaking up with China?

i think china needs pakistan as much the pakis need china. enemy's enemy is friend right? its not in chinas interest to distance itself from pak.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

This is the critical issue

Used to denouncing only the West and India, Pakistanis ignore the racism and human rights abuses perpetrated by those they consider to be their 'friends'.

In this respect, the condition of Muslims in Xinjiang requires the solidarity of others who believe in their rights of free exercise and the injustice of this ban.

At the same time, China's actions against its Muslims are not that different from Pakistan's indifference toward its own religious minorities.

Pakistani Hindus and Christians, while not facing outright bans, are used to being hounded, harassed and even killed. Viewed from this lens then, the Chinese and Pakistani positions on minorities are perhaps not that far apart; the difference only in the detail of which minority, Muslim, Hindu or Christian, bears the brunt of an intolerant state.

Hard as it may be on the poor Muslims of Xinjiang, this ban on fasting may not bring a break-up between Pakistan and China, becoming instead the wilful compromise on which marriages of convenience are built.
Religion, the Sunni version, is important in Pakistan.

But then a friendless Nation requires friends and religion does not seem to come in the way.

And yet, they want to be the thekedars of Islam!

But then, there are a schizophrenic people with a serious and confused identity crisis.

prohumanity

Country flag

India has suffered for 40 years due to terrorism promoted by Pakis who in turn were empowered by West. How do you deal with these proxy wars? Firstly, stop discusssing who is the enemy..West or China....it does not matter....India Just need to get fully prepared.. Internal security first and then, extremely powerful high tech military to hit the terrorist sponsoring country such as Paki...to make them realize that their masters can not protect them if they keep sending terrorists inside India...

no smoking

Country flag

As long as India is there, China and Pakistan need each other strategically.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Religion actually does not matter for Pakistan when China is a true friend.

bennedose

Once upon a time a Chinaman was sitting on a toilet doing his job. As he finished and reached out to clean himself he felt a warm tongue cleaning his backside for him and it felt oh so good. So he threw some coins at the person who did the licking and that person did not mind that he was licking up crap. That is the relationship between China on the seat and Pakistan that licks with gratitude. Chinese Muslims need to gorge themselves so that Pakistanis can keep licking China, Ramzan or no Ramzan. To hell with Ramzan.

This is called "International relations" between the "Taller than tallest mountain, deeper than deepest ocean, sweeter than honey" friends.

Neo

Great job. Indians slaughter cows too and also wear veils. No one stops them.
And this is what happens when you as a muslim get caught for slaughtering and eating cow in incredible India.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDxKnjdSzo

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Slaughter of cows are banned in some states, just like alcohol is banned in some states.

Free country and no religious law per se that covers all people, inspite of having different relgions

And this is what happens to Muslims in a Pakistan Muslim friendly country in China

China bans Xinjiang officials from observing Ramadan fast
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-28123267

And to imagine that the self proclaimed vanguard of Islam i.e. Pakistani Muslims merrily accept that as kosher!

China takes Muslim religious beliefs as totally bogus and dangerous to health and work!

Last edited:

Voldemort

Country flag
And this is what happens when you as a muslim get caught for slaughtering and eating cow in incredible India.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDxKnjdSzo
What do you want to prove by isolated cases? It is restricted in some states. Now imagine what would happen if anyone tries to have pork in Pakistan. Chinese are insulting your faith by calling burqa clad women suicide bombers and banning fasting. You are least concerned about that. :tsk:

Neo

What do you want to prove by isolated cases? It is restricted in some states. Now imagine what would happen if anyone tries to have pork in Pakistan. Chinese are insulting your faith by calling burqa clad women suicide bombers and banning fasting. You are least concerned about that. :tsk:
Just wanted to give you a reality check after your comment to the chinese poster.

Persinally I have never believed nor supported ummah. I have always been against the burqa, it does not fit in modern society.

Voldemort

Country flag
Just wanted to give you a reality check after your comment to the chinese poster.

Persinally I have never believed nor supported ummah. I have always been against the burqa, it does not fit in modern society.
If u tried to give me a reality check, I must say u failed because isolated incidents dont prove anything. I knew Pakistan is an un-Islamic state where people are against burqas, drink alcohol, and what not. You have forgotten your roots. What is modern society? BTW he said women in burqas look like suicide bombers. U agree with that too?

Neo

Laal masjid terrorists fled wearing a burqa, palestinian women blew themselves up wearing a burqa so yes I understand the misperception.

Voldemort

Country flag
Laal masjid terrorists fled wearing a burqa, palestinian women blew themselves up wearing a burqa so yes I understand the misperception.
I wonder what your brethren will think of you when they see your posts.

Neo

There are three references in Quran for the dress code of women; none of them mentions covering.of face by a veil or niqaab.
Women during the annual Hajj are not supposed to cover their faces, how could a burqa be islamic??

Use common sense! Don't justify medieval dress codes or customs of arabs and.persians by calling them islamic.

fyodor

Country flag
I wonder what your brethren will think of you when they see your posts.
They will think that he is part of an elite group of 'liberal' pakistani who want 'lesser-islam' to be followed. For most of them it is blasphemy because islam is islam, you can't question it, you can't modify it.
The verses in quran are complemented by their prophet's biography in the Suras and Hadiths. And that is the source of burqa and several fatwas coming out of the muslim world,

thethinker

Country flag
Good move by Indian Supreme Court :

India's Supreme Court sets rules for Sharia courts

India's Supreme Court Monday rejected a petition seeking to ban Sharia courts, but stressed that they had no legal powers over Muslims and their decisions could not be enforced.

India's 150 million Muslims follow their own laws governing family life and other personal issues such as marriage and divorce, with Sharia courts used to rule on such matters and mediate in disagreements.

The top court said that Islamic judges, who interpret religious law, could only rule when individuals submitted voluntarily to them and their decisions, or fatwas, were not legally binding.

"Sharia courts are not sanctioned by law and there is no legality of fatwas in this country," C.K. Prasad said Monday as he read out the judgement from a two-judge bench.

The different personal laws followed by India's religious minorities are a sensitive political issue. The new Hindu nationalist government is committed to bringing in a common legal code for all.

Vishwa Lochan Madan, who petitioned the Supreme Court to disband Sharia courts, told AFP on Monday that his demand had been rejected.

"The Supreme Court observed that Sharia courts have no legal sanctity. But if people still want to approach these courts, it's their will," he said.

He filed his petition in 2005 and cited a case in which a woman was told to leave her husband and children and live with her father-in-law who had raped her.

"No religion is allowed to curb anyone's fundamental rights," the court added in its judgement while taking note of the case.

Qasim Rasool Niyazi, from the Muslim Personal Law Board, said the Supreme Court ruling vindicated his group's contention that Sharia courts were not a parallel judiciary.

They issue notices which are not legally binding, he explained. "It is just like an arbitration," he told the NDTV channel, adding that qadis (Islamic judges) were required to follow the law of the land.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles