Muslim meet at Taj urges jihad on terror

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Muslim meet at Taj urges jihad on terror
Mohammed Wajihuddin, TNN 22 August 2009, 03:38am IST

MUMBAI: Nine months after terrorists brutalised Mumbai, including its iconic Taj Mahal hotel, an international seminar held at the same hotel has
declared a jihad against terrorism.

Convened jointly by Fatimi International Organisation and Sahyog Cultural Society last week, the seminar on Unity, Love and Tolerance had Indian and foreign scholars iterating the need to reclaim Islam from a handful of self-declared jihadis. The Muslim scholars, representing both the Shia and the Sunni sects and from countries like Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Syria and Jordan, resolved to work with their Indian counterparts to eradicate terrorism.

The seminar was part of the birth anniversary celebrations of Fatima Zahra, daughter of Prophet Mohammad, and the scholars used the opportunity to remind Muslims of their duty. “They didn’t just attack India and Mumbai. The misguided men actually defamed Islam. Muslims must break their silence and isolate such dangerous elements,’’ International Fatimi Association Union chief and noted scholar Mohammad Shahumi said.
The organisation traces its lineage to the Prophet’s family. Shahumi, like many other participants, reasoned that the perpetrators of 26/11 should not be called Muslims. “They were not Muslims. Call them mass murderers,’’ he said.

Sahyog Cultural Society head Sami Bubere said Islam should not be allowed to be hijacked by the so-called jihadis. “There is no place for terrorism in Islam. The Quran says Allah doesn’t like those who create ‘fitna’ (chaos) on earth. The terrorists are enemies of Islam and enemies of peace,’’ he said. Recalling an inclusive idea propounded by the fourth caliph, Fatima Zahra’s father Hazrat Ali, Bubere said, “Mankind is divided into two groups—brothers in religion and brothers in humanity. So, even if we follow different religions, we are brothers nevertheless. We must join hands to eradicate the menace of terrorism.’’

Egyptian scholar Mohammad Mahmood Rafat passionately pleaded for a united front to end the tyranny of terrorists who targeted innocents. Former vice-chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University Mahmoodur Rahman stated that terrorists didn’t require motivation or a real cause to strike. “They are aimless people who strike to create terror,’’ he said.

Recalling how his son, a Taj employee, was trapped inside the hotel when terrorists struck, Mumbai-based Shia scholar Zaheer Abbas Rizvi said, “My son spent 42 hours inside the hotel without food and water. But my personal trauma pales when compared to that of many others who lost their children as my son escaped unhurt.’’ He emphasised that Fatima Zahra, whom the Prophet doted on, had also suffered at the hands of terrorists as Yazid had martyred her son Imam Hussain in the battle of Karbala. “Yazid is condemned as he was a terrorist. The terrorists should take lesson from this event,’’ Rizvi said.

Muslim meet at Taj urges jihad on terror - Mumbai - City - NEWS - The Times of India

natarajan

jihad on terror,please be clear or else they will think you are all saying them to continue jihad they are doing now

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
jihad on terror,please be clear or else they will think you are all saying them to continue jihad they are doing now
Jihad means to struggle and Jihad is part of every muslim faith . First and foremost Jihad is the internal one .

There is really no not to be more clear , India is facing Pakistan based proxy and Pakistan is misusing the name of religion . Muslims are the most affected people because of terrorism all over the world . In India , Muslims are been killed along with the other communities and even in Mumbai terrorist attack 48 muslims were killed .

natarajan

for your inforamation,
some pakistan players playing for icl left the hotel just few hours before the attack :2guns:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
for your inforamation,
some pakistan players playing for icl left the hotel just few hours before the attack :2guns:
Even Pakistani Foreign Minister was in India that time and both country were about to give a joint statement .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles