Musharraf will be arrested the moment he arrives in Pakistan

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Musharraf will be arrested the moment he arrives in Pak
Former Pakistan President Parvez Musharraf will be arrested and sent to jail as soon as he arrives in Pakistan, a provincial minister said on Monday, after the former military ruler vowed to return later this month to lead his party. Mazoor Wassan, the home minister of southern Sindh
province, said his department had received orders to arrest Musharraf last year.

"He will be arrested on his arrival," he said while interacting with journalists in Karachi. Musharraf would be sent to Landhi jail, where arrangements had been made to hold him, Wassan said. "No one is above the law...Everything will be dealt with according to the law," he said.

The former president has been living in self-exile in
He had announced while addressing a gathering of his supporters on Sunday that he intended to return to Karachi between January 27 and 30 to lead his All Pakistan Muslim League party, despite facing threats of arrest in the assassination case of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. The 68-year-old former army chief said he was not scared of anyone.

"They are trying to scare me but I am not a scared person and I am coming back to face the situation," Musharraf told a gathering via video conferencing. Musharraf also announced he would contest the next general election from a constituency in Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province.
Last week, a top government prosecutor too had said that Musharraf would be arrested on his return.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Musharraf will be arrested the moment he arrives in Pak
Former Pakistan President Parvez Musharraf will be arrested and sent to jail as soon as he arrives in Pakistan, a provincial minister said on Monday, after the former military ruler vowed to return later this month to lead his party. Mazoor Wassan, the home minister of southern Sindh
province, said his department had received orders to arrest Musharraf last year.

"He will be arrested on his arrival," he said while interacting with journalists in Karachi. Musharraf would be sent to Landhi jail, where arrangements had been made to hold him, Wassan said. "No one is above the law...Everything will be dealt with according to the law," he said.

The former president has been living in self-exile in
He had announced while addressing a gathering of his supporters on Sunday that he intended to return to Karachi between January 27 and 30 to lead his All Pakistan Muslim League party, despite facing threats of arrest in the assassination case of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. The 68-year-old former army chief said he was not scared of anyone.

"They are trying to scare me but I am not a scared person and I am coming back to face the situation," Musharraf told a gathering via video conferencing. Musharraf also announced he would contest the next general election from a constituency in Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province.
Last week, a top government prosecutor too had said that Musharraf would be arrested on his return.
Even his jail is decided :lol:

Blackwater

Well mushy is very shatir. He will come to pak after some assurance from Saudi papa as Sam papa is not in picture

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
He might be put into house arrest for some time. Then the usual political brokerage game would play under table and he's off.
But with the Government tailing him everywhere like in case of Benazeer.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
There is a BIG IF here. Most Pakistani politicians are like Sonia and Rahul G here-- almost every Pakistani politician of national level has dual citizenship with either UK or USA or some neutral European nation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sooner, the better!

noob101

The real crime was while we was not able to enter Pakistan he traveled to India and was not arrested

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan will not take kindly to him.

They take him to be a US stooge, when in actuality he was running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.

ejazr

Ambassador
Pakistani leader Army/ISI is a classis real world example of doublethink and doublespeak. If you don't know what that means, you should read 1984 by George Orwell

They have contradictary policies at the same time and expect different results from each. He won't come without the backing and undestanding of the PA/ISI and then suddenly the entire environment will change to forgetting what Musharraf did to what a great leader he is.

I won't be surprised if Imran Khan and Musharraf form a post-poll alliance to come to power even. If Nawaz Sharif and Zardari can stay away from Jail despite the cases against them, then why can't Musharraf who is a former Chief of Army staff ?

bhramos

Country flag
Pakistani leader Army/ISI is a classis real world example of doublethink and doublespeak. If you don't know what that means, you should read 1984 by George Orwell

They have contradictary policies at the same time and expect different results from each. He won't come without the backing and undestanding of the PA/ISI and then suddenly the entire environment will change to forgetting what Musharraf did to what a great leader he is.

I won't be surprised if Imran Khan and Musharraf form a post-poll alliance to come to power even. If Nawaz Sharif and Zardari can stay away from Jail despite the cases against them, then why can't Musharraf who is a former Chief of Army staff ?
you are almost correct, i think he the one who legalised the begging in the name WOT, and brought some $ and £ from various countries, he can become next President again......

lcatejas

What he and zardari did with banezir the same thing will happen to Mush.. :confused:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles