Mumbai vs Banglore.(Best city for a youngster's life)

Where should Mr Joie de Vivre relocate to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Abhy bangalore is in no way a planned city. The haphazard growth over the last two decades has screed the city.

Tolaha

Bangalore is obviously better choice than the former one. Weather is awesome through out the year! Conducive environment and systematically laid out city. My vote is to the latter than the former one.
Bangalore was a systematically laid out city right until the last decade when the IT boom accompanied with the rapid influx of migrant population made it grow beyond the seams! Ofcourse, it still has awesome weather and a conducive environment with a cosmopolitan population to boot! :thumb:

Thanks pmaitra for adding the polls!

Manipal leading the polls currently... hurray! :heh:

Abhy

Abhy bangalore is in no way a planned city. The haphazard growth over the last two decades has screed the city.
Bangalore was a systematically laid out city right until the last decade when the IT boom accompanied with the rapid influx of migrant population made it grow beyond the seams! Ofcourse, it still has awesome weather and a conducive environment with a cosmopolitan population to boot! :thumb:
Well, there are places to be pointed out for even in Bangalore as can be elsewhere in the comparisons but admitting to the facts of the contradictions, at least weather point of view is been agreed by you duo. Hope this sounds good.

Mr Joie de vivre

Guys really thanks this is the most helpful and fastest forum i have ever been,i would be happy to hang out with people like you.

But you do catch my drift...like what i mean about the youth in chennai and what i want right?

Thanks again.

And this srinagar is there a medical college there?

Where did you guys study,did you have a blast with your youth?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
For someone who has spent 33 years in Bangalore, I don't like the bangalore weather. Far cry from what it was back in the days. Over 50,000 trees cut in te last 2-3 years. Bangalore is seeing new highs in temperature. We barely get good winters. This year was a little better but we have not had cold winters for a few years now and te summers are hotter. But then someone coming from chennai will find it heaven.

Mr Joie de vivre

But how is the student population?it is not as conservative or still stuck in between tradition and modern right?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The choice is only between Mumbai and Bangalore. Not sure about Manipal, but what I do know is that it is a student/university town - might be good for students that way, but it is not in the same league as Mumbai and Bangalore.

Now, among Mumbai and Bangalore - Mumbai scores in terms of "nightlife". In many other aspects, Bangalore scores. Bangalore's weather is better, crowds are not as bad as Mumbai, and there are less slums, and it is somewhat cleaner. Of course Mumbai has several other advantages also, but from your perspective, I think Bangalore is definitely the right choice.

indian_sukhoi

If your joining MBBS

Prefer Karnataka, They are hell of lot of Medical colleges in Mysore, Bangalore and other. Most of my frnds who are studying medicine are from Karnataka.

Although, In AP we have NRI Medical Colleges for guys like you, give a try if you want too.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
But how is the student population?it is not as conservative or still stuck in between tradition and modern right?
I studied my engineering in a Bangalore college. And trust me - no one will "look down upon you" if you go on a date or anything. On the contrary, they will envy you and try to get your girl :heh:, but in engineering/medical colleges etc. - no one is going to try any moral policing among the student community - no way.

And the time I did my engineering was around 10 years back - it is even more liberal and open now, than it was in my time. Today's facebook generation of Bangalore is liberal enough, don't worry about that. :thumb:

Last edited:

Mr Joie de vivre

I did not put up the list,yeah i heard Hydrabhad is good.

I do not mean that you are looked down in chennai but if you are intimate with your partner some kind of bad wave tension is created around you.

Yes here also you are envied lol.

I recently visited Banglore's medical colleges and hot girls are smoking hot....literally smoking now thats liberal

lemontree

Professional
Pune - that is the city to be.
Some of the best colleges are located here.

The population is a fair mix of liberal and conservative.

It has a good social life and an excellent place for students.

Delhi and Mumbai are too crowded and fast.
Chennai - as you said is not so happening.

Bangalore is promising, but is going through some growing pains as of now.

Reactions: nrj

addiction

Mumbai for sure if you are fond of very fast life and can board the running trains and buses"¦But my personal request, do not plan to relocate to Mumbai, there is no space left for new migrants and property prices have gone through the roofs...sorry dude

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
How about a hotel management course in Panjim/Goa?

Mr Joie de vivre

Guys,guys the poll title has it wrong.

I am going to study MBBS and i am writing several entrance exams like JIPMER,AIIMS.AIPMT etc and if i miss out i will try to move through the NRI quota.

I am not relocating,i am just going to be a student there for some 4-5yrs thats all.

Let the hotel managing aspirants take that payeng.

Manipal has been suggested by some as well...i am taking that entrance as well....but the vibes certainly seem to point towards Banglore and Pune..

Also Can i survive in Banglore/Manipal by knowing only Tamil/English/Hindi?

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Guys,guys the poll title has it wrong.

I am going to study MBBS and i am writing several entrance exams like JIPMER,AIIMS.AIPMT etc and if i miss out i will try to move through the NRI quota.

I am not relocating,i am just going to be a student there for some 4-5yrs thats all.

Let the hotel managing aspirants take that payeng.

Manipal has been suggested by some as well...i am taking that entrance as well....but the vibes certainly seem to point towards Banglore and Pune..

Brat are you looking for a good education or wimmen?MBBS in India is no cakewalk pursuing that degree will not give you time for extra cirrcular activities

Tolaha

You can survive with English and Hindi in both Bangalore and Manipal. Majority of students here are from outside the state.

Some things I keep hearing about Manipal which could well be rumours! :D

1. Manipal in top 3 places in India that attracts the highest number of foreign students.

2. Supposed to have highest mobile density for any place

3. KMC Manipal has a great brand value especially with Malaysians.

4. Unfortunately, scores high on alcohol and drug abuse! This is what happens when students are far away from their homes without any adult supervision. The way you sound like, you might actually take it as a plus point!

5. With the kind of night life it has, cant understand when kids actually study!! Ofcourse, it can not be anywhere near Bangalore. But folks in Manipal are likely to point out that Quality rules over Quantity! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles