Mumbai police bans photographs of Durga idol immersions over law and order concerns

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

aliyah likes this.
  3. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

When people come up with these bans, it means they are looking for attention.

Something that has been done for years with no law and order problem is not going to suddenly create a law and order problem today. If past experience is anything to go by, this ban is not necessary.

Screambowl likes this.
  4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Agreed, this particular ban is not necessary but would it affect any real person ? I mean ban on photographs of immersion ?? What's that actually lol. Can someone explain what's happening ?

5. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

From comments
    Vijay18 hours ago

Sometimes , miscreants from other minority religions have made fun by publishing half immersed idols of the Diety in a sarcastic manner questioning the religious beliefs and mocking at the rituals involved.

This could be the reason why the police seems to have taken this stand.
    I wish it is a good step as no one has the right to hurt anyone's religious beliefs or sentiments.

Everyone knows who is that disgusting filthy religion. :hail:

6. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Regular Member

very true, CM seem quiet in-experience, no clear road-map, Sleeping PR team.

aliyah likes this.
  7. Illusive

Illusive Senior Member Senior Member

Unlike idols, photographs don't dissolve or sink, they maybe washed up in shores near a pile of garbage, so in essence its a good ban. Its also good environmentally.

8. fyodor

fyodor Regular Member

This shows that such temporary solutions are not enough. Until how long will we be tacking these issues in a ad-hoc manner. Sooner or later something is going to erupt. India cannot survive with so much mindless "diversity" and so many religions. Religion of Peace will strike one day and we will loose our society. Gandhi made a big frigging mistake by allowing both to stay in one country. He should have abolished hindus from India if he loved muslims so much, by letting them stay here he has signed on generations of conflicts.

maomao and saty like this.
  9. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

They even post such photographs on google and then beneath it write a long article on water pollution. Well I say, stone statues do not create pollution it's rather their hifi plastic gadgets which create more filth in the world.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  10. VIP

I think you're misreading, it's ban on photography of immersion, not immersion of photographs.

A chauhan, brational and Illusive like this.
  11. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

In the age of mobile phone cameras, can any govt. be more stupid than thinking it can enforce such a ban!!

Utha le re deva!

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  12. Energon

Energon DFI stars Stars and Ambassadors

Mobile phone cameras being ubiquitous is central to this ban.
    I for one am glad that this ban has been put into place. Sure it is stupid, but at least it's consistent with the core philosophy which fuels such "laws" in the first place. Trust me, in a nation like India where philosophical consistency is a rare thing this is a step in the right direction.

This ban will make it a whole lot easier to facilitate violence upon Muslims than the beef ban. With the latter there has to be sizable operation involved, because lets be honest, it's not very easy to butcher a cow in the confines of someone's kitchen. However a majority of Muslim adults in Bombay carry mobile phones. It is so much easier to just point to a muslim person and say oh he was taking pictures of a half submerged Durga statue and then beat him up.

13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Do you pat yourself on your back every time you type loads of BS in your posts!! India is not a banana republic that you try to portray in each of your posts.

14. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

It's not about being able to enforce but put into records that they took care of all possible loopholes, including this one.

I personally know Police while organizing such festivals do have a checklist accommodating all possible concerns and objections they need to look after/enforce, and many those items can be declared unscientific if not stupid.

Therefore I am rather perplexed how it made to the News at all.

Ok ... I got it 'First post' Fascist Modi Banning everything....I rest my case.

BTW Comment above your last post shows that the News has done its job. This how they feed pseudo-secular brigade, who twist the content to their liking.

maomao and VIP like this.
  15. Energon

Not yet. But with the implementation of these laws India will most certainly revert back to it's banana republic status.

16. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Regular Member

there is no such law, its an enforcement by the local authorities :crazy:

OneGrimPilgrim and saty like this.
  17. Energon

um yea there are federal laws and local ordinances. As long as an offense is prosecutable the argument stands.

18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Just like US becomes a banana republic every time a retarded person goes out on shooting spree!!

maomao, OneGrimPilgrim and saty like this.
  19. VIP

I don't think police will arrest someone on the basis of this particular ban, this is just to ensure that they don't get backlash if something bad happens.

hit&run likes this.
  20. Energon

That's your "counterargument"? Really?

21. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Do you really expect people to reply to your non-sense!

maomao, OneGrimPilgrim and A chauhan like this.