Mumbai defies Supreme Court in celebrating Dahi Handi

Bharat Ek Khoj

I think whoever did this through SC did it very cleverly. They directly can not decide the height of pyramid, so first they declared dahi handi as a sport, and next decided 20 feet height.
Very fast decision on it while millions cases are still pending.

The Last Stand

Country flag
do you know , tamils thought that ban of jhalikattu was conspiracy of north Indians ................and they were demanding ban on diwali (yes they were not demanding ban on bakareed ) .....................

i am a north indian but we should support jhalikattu .................or better file a Pil against bakareed ...................if jhalikattu (a game ) is against animal rights then why murder of so many animals in the name of " Religion of peace " is tolerated & allowed ??
As a South Indian, it's just politicians trying to appeal the the lowest common denominator. Everything's a conspiracy by evil Northies. Everything is their fault. yadda yadda yadda.

The funny thing is, none of the retards who claim this are currently in power. Atleast JJ knows not to create stupid conspiracy theories for no reason.

With the slightest bit of education, you realize, hey, the evil Northies are no different from we are. The younger generation cannot give less of a crap about this stupidity.

The Last Stand

Country flag
I don't have to be okay with it. That is the point. We don't have to make their choices for them, they should get to choose for themselves. I saw an interview where the Govinda was asked the same question, he said that there is injury risk in ever sport but the % of people who get injured is tolerable (as in, not drastic enough to end the whole sport). Why not ban MMA, boxing? why not ban IIT? so many students committing suicide trying to crack JEE. Are you alright with students dying because of studies? shouldn't we ban studies?

Religion has nothing to do with it, so it doesn't matter if it is mentioned in religion or not, as I already said, it's a hobby/habit/sport, carnival if you want to call it. Are you saying that you do only things that are written in religion?
IMO biggest fallacy with the abrahamic religions.

God speaks to no one. All their perfect books are just human thoughts written down. They are inaccurate. They will not last forever.

What's acceptable now might not be 1000 years later.

But they still insist their books are the font of all knowledge. What lunacy.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Well, looks like Marathi's did not take kindly to SC interfering in their religious matters...
Marathis are proud of their Hindu faith.

They aren't self-ashamed fools like these secularist types.

If HC were to meddle in my faith too, I would show them a middle finger and ask them to have the guts to address mass slaughtering of animals in Eid and cutting down of trees en masse for Christmas before citing 'environmental issues' with our cultures.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
H'ble SC should have given more attention on medical facilities on such occasions rather than fixing the limits like 20feet etc. Really a criticizable judgment !
Supreme Court has become a taliban run agency with commie apologist judges in it.

It is not the supreme to tell people what to do in their festivals.

Good of Marathis to show them the finger.

DingDong

Country flag
Court has to set boundaries when political parties use such event for their self-fish interest and propaganda at the expense of common man.
Don't know about rest of country but in Mumbai Dahi-Handi is a business.
None of the court's business.

This is not the job of the judiciary. And the judicial overreach must stop, intention doesn't matter.

indiatester

Country flag
I am disappointed with the BJP Govt registering cases of contempt against the Dahi Handi mandals.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Marathis are proud of their Hindu faith.

They aren't self-ashamed fools like these secularist types.

If HC were to meddle in my faith too, I would show them a middle finger and ask them to have the guts to address mass slaughtering of animals in Eid and cutting down of trees en masse for Christmas before citing 'environmental issues' with our cultures.
Yes, but a lot of the quintessentially sickular court orders, whenever they have been issued, have had Marathi judges on the panel. Marathis have the same paradox as Bengalis : both communities have the distinction of producing the most number of nationalists AND and equal number of sickular rodents at the same time (take for example Rajdeep Sardesai, Shobha De, Nikhil Wagle, Dabholkar, Kumar Ketkar, Medha Patkar).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles