Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) to be inducted into Indian Navy

arya

Country flag
Do we really need to spend this much??
yes we do if you want to remain freedom the you have to spend more , we have to make sure then invest at lease 50% in our local production .

only a strong(body,heart,mind) male can have a beautiful girl friend got my point

plugwater

If you dont you can keep quiet as someone knows will explain
I was talking about bringing Sonia into discussion if you couldn't understand!! I am yet to see a post from you without something about Sonia and congress.

natarajan

I was talking about bringing Sonia into discussion if you couldn't understand!! I am yet to see a post from you without something about Sonia and congress.
From bofors to every deal they get a share ,fact cannot be changed or atleast do you know how much she has stashed in swiss bank.

Bachchu Yadav

Acquisition of all foreign Helicopter should be annulled !

A new heavy helicopter on the platform of Dhruv should be introduced in acquisition.

plugwater

From bofors to every deal they get a share ,fact cannot be changed or atleast do you know how much she has stashed in swiss bank.
Another useless and shit post which has nothing to do with this thread!! You alright ?

noob101

I doubt that 75 will be enough according to me we need 200 at least, either way its a good move by the IN they need to standardize the naval helo fleet

I think it will come down to which company offers the best sensors, Unkil is probably ahead of the pack, S-70\MH-60 should win

NH-90 was not built with a naval version in mind it was just an after thought....

I think there might be another tender for heavy and attack helos for the 4 LPD's that India will get ...

plugwater

I doubt that 75 will be enough according to me we need 200 at least, either way its a good move by the IN they need to standardize the naval helo fleet
This could be a stop gap measure till IMRH comes into service, if HAL delays it as usual we can anytime increase the order.

I think it will come down to which company offers the best sensors, Unkil is probably ahead of the pack, S-70\MH-60 should win
Already IN is processing 15 Medium lift helicopters, whichever wins it has more chances of winning this as well.

NH-90 was not built with a naval version in mind it was just an after thought....

I think there might be another tender for heavy and attack helos for the 4 LPD's that India will get ...
V-22 and AH-64 would do :)

noob101

This could be a stop gap measure till IMRH comes into service, if HAL delays it as usual we can anytime increase the order.

Already IN is processing 15 Medium lift helicopters, whichever wins it has more chances of winning this as well.

V-22 and AH-64 would do :)
First of all right on V-22 and AH 64 are my choices, Although we might have to get sea Apaches from UK

I have a theory..... This is no stop gap, IN did sink a lot of money into Naval Dhruv and when it was known that it was going to be delayed they placed the first tender for 15 to be a stop gap until Naval Dhruv can come online... I think around 2009 when IN did testing they found out that Dhruv can never fulfill the requirements then they decided to go for a foreign vendor....

arya

Country flag
well we should go for both our own dhruv and the new one from other country, may be our own are not as Navy want but we have to start from somewhere .

how our local things will improve until we give them chance

plugwater

First of all right on V-22 and AH 64 are my choices, Although we might have to get sea Apaches from UK

I have a theory..... This is no stop gap, IN did sink a lot of money into Naval Dhruv and when it was known that it was going to be delayed they placed the first tender for 15 to be a stop gap until Naval Dhruv can come online... I think around 2009 when IN did testing they found out that Dhruv can never fulfill the requirements then they decided to go for a foreign vendor....
You may be right!! But i dont think IN invested any money in Naval Dhruv!! HAL tried their luck with IN for more orders but they failed as expected. If this deal goes through without any contender from HAL side means we can say that is the end of IMRH.

This is a post in BR by Philip, i laughed hard :D
AS for the naval Dhruv,it was tried and failed to meet IN requirements,one factor was the inability to fit into the ship's hangars and HALs advice to the IN to "cut a hole" in the hangar and let the tail stick out,was looked at with horror!

Rikbo88

Country flag
Mh-60r & s-70b

AW 101 merlin and Sikorsky CH 148 Cyclone were in the competition but were rejected because they would not fit Godavari class frigates which was a requirement in RFP...

is MH 60 and S70 B different...?? if yes then D u got your 5 helis in the fray....!!
As a former Sikorsky employee & expert on the S-70B let me say they are different, most notably with regards to the mission system. (The airframes are both made by Sikorsky). The S-70B was designed for the international market place. It was designed to be easily modified and tailored for each customer. This is due to the fact that most, if not all, international customers will want to integrate capabilities or equipment not current available on an existing configuration of that aircraft. The MH-60R was designed for the US navy. The system has to be "dumbed down" to create an exportable version and then new capabilities or equipment integrated. This is a much more difficult and labor intensive task. The MH-60R is employs a single operator to handle both tactical and accoustic functions in the rear of the aircraft. This "integrated sonics" approach offers some advantages including requiring one less crew member but it does not meet the criteria for dual operators for the Indian navy. The MH-60R does not have an anti ship missile integrated other than the Hellfire (The S-70B has the Penguin). The mission system operator interface and overall design (Done by Lockheed Martin) has been criticized by operators and pilots as not being very user friendly and other info indicates on going problems with the system. An upgrade is in the works including adding a track ball to enhance operator interaction with the system but in initial testing this has received only luke warm reviews by the crews. The S-70B mission system is a Sikorsky and Rockwell Collins design that is now in its 5th generation. It is, in my opinion, the best in mission systems out there. It has been continually updated over the years to add new capabilities and address obsolescence issues. The new Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) & Weapons Management System (WMS) offer outstanding capabilities. The MK-54 torpedo (which India is getting as part of tis P-8 patrol aircraft purchase) has already been integrated. For this reader, the S-70B is the clear choice. In addition, the MH-60R is not in the current tender for 16 MRH aircraft for the Indian navy. The S-70B is & should win that competition. The Indian Navy will be happy with that choice and it would then make no sense to procure another aircraft for the obvious reasons (training, maintenance, logistics, etc.)

Rikbo88

Country flag
AW 101 merlin and Sikorsky CH 148 Cyclone were in the competition but were rejected because they would not fit Godavari class frigates which was a requirement in RFP...

is MH 60 and S70 B different...?? if yes then D u got your 5 helis in the fray....!!
1. S-70B has the Penguin Anti-Ship missile already integrated, the 60R does not.
2. Both have the American MK-46 & MK-54 torpedoes already integrated. The 70B also has the Eurotorp A244 mod 3 torpedo integrated.
3. The 70B AFCS is a new system that represents a significant improvement over earlier Seahawk systems.
4. The new WMS facilitates integration of indigenous systems or unique customer required stores or weapons.
5. The 70B employs a "federated systems architecture" meaning major functions are dispersed to centralized subsystems. Modification enhancement has typically proved to be easier, cheaper, and less risk for systems of this type, while the 60R employs a "centralized architecture" with a primary and backup mission computer that performs all mission related functions ( mission management, flight management, weapons management, navigation, etc.)
6. Both have integrated FLIR, ESM, counter measures, Radar, EGI (embedded GPS with inertial) navigation and attitude reference systems, and AFCS systems. I believe the 60R does not currently have a VOR/TACAN navigation capability.
The Indian navy has flown the 70B extensively during evaluations for the current MRH tender and has also flown the 60R to a lessor degree. I believe they have all the information they need to make an informed and appropriate decision.

Rikbo88

Country flag
Ideally we should get a mix of choppers with the procurement being divided so we get the best of each type in the numbers required.
i.e i agree that the S-70 and the NH-90 are probably close to the best at what they do but there are a lot of other good options out there let me list a few

The Sikorsky MH-53 is probably one of the best naval/marine heavy lift chopper money can buy today, i believe we should get a few.With a capability to carry upto 55(yes you read that right) fully equipped special ops troops into enemy territory and back this helicopter and older variants have been a staple of NATO marine combat infiltration missions since Vietnam.Also as the pavelows have been retired from the United states military we should be able to get ToT pretty easily.

Sikorsky MH-53 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also i believe we should not write the Russians off and try and take a look at the KA-60, it is a pretty interesting piece of kit.specifically i believe we should look at the KA-64 Sky HORSE.

General characteristics
Crew: Two
Capacity:
Up to 16 infantry troops or 6 stretchers (Ka-60)
14 passengers (Ka-62)
2,000 kg (4,409 lb) (internal), 2,750 kg (6,062 lb) (external- Ka 60)
Length: 15.60 m[5] (51 ft 2¼ in)
Rotor diameter: 13.50 m (44 ft 3½ in)
Height: 4.60 m (15 ft 1 in)
Disc area: 143.10 m² (1,540.3 sq ft)
Loaded weight: 6,000 kg (13,228 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 6,500 kg (14,330 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Rybinsk RD-600V turboshafts, 956 kW (1,282 shp) each
Performance
Maximum speed: 300 km/h (162 knots, 185 mph)
Cruise speed: 275 km/h (148 knots, 171 mph)
Range: 615 km (332 nmi, 382mi)
Service ceiling: 5,150 m (16,900 ft)
Rate of climb: 10.4 m/s (2,050 ft/min) at sea level
Wait for the new MH-53K that is now being designed and tested. A huge improvement over the existing 53E.
The S-70B should win the first competition for the MRH as it is a much better aircraft in this readers opinion. I am a former Sikorsky employee of 28 years (recently retired) and have worked extensively on the S-70B. Yes, I am somewhat biased but that is due to my knowlege of the 70B and the mission system on that aircraft. It is by far the best out there due primarily to the operator interface and tight integration with the various subsystems on the aircraft. It is also designed for the international market place due the the ease by which the aircraft and its systems can be modified or enhanced to provide for the integration of indigenous equipment or capabilities or other changes. Life cycle maintenance is also enhanced by its use of a federated systems architecture that separates major functions (mission, flight, weapons, navigation, etc) into separate subsystems typically providing for easier maintenance.
I believe the Indian navy will be very satisfied with the 70B and if that occurs it would make no sense to procure a different aircraft for the next competition for all the basic reasons (training, maintenance, logistics, etc.). The S-70B should have the advantage for the follow on competition, if it wins the first competition.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
first open tendor then close it

why govt is playing with nation . why and our force is just working as good slave

pmaitra

yes we do if you want to remain freedom the you have to spend more , we have to make sure then invest at lease 50% in our local production .

only a strong(body,heart,mind) male can have a beautiful girl friend got my point
Here, corrected that for you. It will be easier to get your point, if you used proper capitalization and punctuation.

Yes we do. If you want to remain free, the you have to spend more. We have to make sure then invest at lease 50% (of our defense budget?) in our local products.

Only a strong (body, heart, mind) male can have a beautiful girlfriend. Got my point?
Firstly, you are responding to a senior staff.

Secondly:
Proper Nouns and first words of a sentence must be capitalized.
There is no space before a comma/period.
There must be a space after a comma/period.

Blackwater

10 yrs of issue tender,10 yrs of consider,another 10 yrs for canceling the tender. see you after 30 yrs:taunt::taunt::taunt:

cir

Congratulations are in order for continuing to hold the title of the world's largest arms importer!:thumb::rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles