Mullah as Mantri in UP

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Coalmine, May 30, 2013.

1. Coalmine

Coalmine Regular Member

Ultra ‘Secularism’ in Uttar Pradesh

http://www.niticentral.com/2013/05/30/ultra-secularism-in-uttar-pradesh-83772.html

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
  3. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Ghazwa e Hind :)

4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

SP can go to any lengths, induct absolutely anyone into their party. Nothing about SP surprises me anymore. Many people on DFI were cheering the "youthful" Akhilesh Yadav when he came to power. I was always skeptical, and knew that the SP will never change its colours. Mayawati was much better than the SP, and that isn't saying much.

5. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

UP is a gone case. All the educated people have moved away/are moving to other states - what is left is the uneducated masses equal in population to some large country.

sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
  6. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

My bird's eyeview understading of UP that I have shared earlier as well:

UP is decisively a gone case (despite its massive advantages) just like, W. Bengal, Kerala & Assam, albeit for somewhat different reasons though, such as: totally fractured polity marred by rampant retribution-mentality (in garb of social-justice), too many interest groups working against each other, but overall working together to state's detriment, massive demographic inversion in several constituencies (not shift, but inversion) & the resultant demographic dividend that all politicians are vying to garner, absent infrastructure & policies that ensure it remains so. The frequent riots are a testimony to what UP is going through. Non-goon citizenry in UP has almost given up on it & chosen reconciliation with its fate.

I reiterate, that UP is a gone case devoid of much hope, is a huge understatement, irrespective of what official statistics might try to convey you.

One faint glimmer of hope I see though: If Bihar can be improved (especially, law & order+infrastructure), UP stands a better chance.

To understand UP better, we need to go somewhat deeper in history & that calls for a separate thread. I would start one shortly.

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I would not say that UP is a 'gone case'.

It is merely the representative kaleidoscope of the the quasi secular muddle that signatures the concept called India.

It is the concept of representing diversity as the soul of India rather than embodying sameness of India, which should be the real soul.

This invocation of pluralism pushed India into acknowledging religious communities as political actors, a departure from the liberal democratic insistence on the individual as the basic unit of representative politics. So said Mukul Kesavan with some modification by me.

Last edited: May 31, 2013