Mulayam Singh Yadav wants Urdu as a Complusory Language in UP Schools

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by afako, Oct 20, 2012.

1. afako

afako Regular Member

Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has asked Uttar Pradesh government to weigh the option of introducing Urdu as a compulsory subject in government schools.

Although the SP had promised in its assembly election manifesto to establish Urdu medium primary and high schools in Muslim-dominated areas of UP, the fresh suggestion was a step ahead to keep the minorities in good faith.

The demand for Urdu as a compulsory subject from Class V in the state government-run schools was raised by Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad during his meeting with Mulayam last month.

Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said, "There is one such proposal on which the government is supposed to take a decision. But there is a process to follow before taking such a big decision."

A source in the government claimed that Mulayam has sent the proposal only after discussing its feasibility with his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.

"The CM on his part talked to officers of the education department. They were of the view that a student can opt between Sanskrit and Urdu as their third subject. In private schools there are options between Sanskrit and other foreign languages like French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese. In government schools there is no such option other than Sanskrit. But if Mulayam has his way, there would be Urdu as a compulsory subject if the student doesn't want to take Sanskrit," an officer said on the condition of anonymity.

Although some officers with rightist leaning are delaying the move:hippo:, we believe that the government will take a final decision just before 2014 Lok Sabha elections to appease the 21 per cent Muslims in the state
    ," he further said.

But Mohammad Shoeb, a lawyer and a human rights activist, said, "Mulayam is only misleading the Muslims. He had promised that false cases against Muslim youths in the name of curbing terrorism would be withdrawn. More than six months have passed since his son took over as CM but innocent youths are still languishing in jails."

Reacting sharply over Mulayam's plan, BJP's state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said, "I have come to know that most of senior Muslim leaders of the SP are angry with Mulayam and his son Akhilesh. Former MP Shahid Siddiqui has already been sacked. Syed Ahmed Bhukahri, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid has never hidden his anger against the SP government. He is planning to start a movement against the SP government. Urban Development Minister Azam Khan is also not happy as Akhilesh doesn't listen to him. Obviously, Mulayam will try to do something to appease the Muslims."

Mulayam Singh Yadav wants Urdu a compulsory subject in Uttar Pradesh govt schools : Lucknow, News - India Today

3. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

The green color part will do the job for BJP.

Great, keep going like these more and more.

I must say.........Vinas Kale Vipreet Buddhi.

pmaitra, Raj30 and spikey360 like this.
  4. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Mulayam and his family have no vision or ideology - they are just there to grab power on the basis of M-Y votebank and make money. Mulayam's brothers, their children, daughters and sons in laws are MPs, MLAs and senior persons in Samajwadi Party. SP just makes noises about offering sops to their MY votebank and nothing about increasing literacy or controlling lawlessness in UP or anything useful. People of Uttar Pradesh will suffer like Bihar did under Lallu Raj until they vote for some better leaders.

Raj30 and spikey360 like this.
  5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Urdu is a beautiful language but it is being communalized, which ain't cool

The Messiah likes this.
  6. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Great Move!!

I support Hindus learning Persian and Arabic!! The underbelly of islamisim can easily be exposed. Posters come up in small towns with islamic population on daily basis spewing venom about Hindus, this move will make it easier to decipher the preparations and diktats of mullahs against Hindus!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  7. Singh

UP should try the radical approach, make English the compulsory and exclusive language and ban all other languages. It'll do the state more good.

The Messiah likes this.
  8. maomao

No, I believe Persian and Arabic should be taught in every school of India. India can never be truly secular by only teaching Sanskrit, Hindi, Gurumukhi, Latin / English etc. and not Arabic and Persian!

9. Singh

You don't need to learn languages to be secular. Maybe multi-cultural/linguist yes. (Gurumukhi is the script not the language).

And yes if Urdu is taught compulsorily, it can have a counter-intuitive effect. Muslims of UP may discover the BS peddled in the Pak media and call them out :p

10. Singh

And even more than that we need a inquisitive and argumentative attitude. Indians don't have a habit of questioning. Notice when you goto the doctor, elder, teacher, you meekly follow what they tell you, and if you question them you are looked upon as a heathen.

Raj30, parijataka and spikey360 like this.
  11. maomao

I know Gurumukhi is a script and punjabi is the language!! Which is exactly what I'm asserting.....Reading here is more important than speaking.....Go to Old Delhi / Paharganj you can meet n-number of illiterates speaking 10s of languages!

Yeah Right!!

P.S: It is foremost important in India to accommodate / impose islamic culture to be Christianed as secular!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  12. Defenceindia2010

Defenceindia2010 Regular Member

Why doesn't the UP govt introduce the following subjects:
    Honesty, Unity, Communal Harmony, Economic Development, Social and Civil Development, Modernity, Fair and non-appeasing treatment to all. And the first students who should take the class should be SP and BSP. :frusty::mad::pray:

Raj30 likes this.
  13. Singh

It is all a matter of perception. In my experience this epithet is reserved for anyone who has an agenda contrary to one's own. Minority rightist believe there is no secularism and that there is Hinduisation of India or something; lower caste believe there is brahminisation of India; Conservative believe there is some sort of westernisation/christianization of India etc

People want to change the whole of society and even the world (but ironically fail to even change simple habits of their own). Gandhi rightly said be the change that you want to see in the world. Anyways, I digress...

I don't necessarily agree with what Politicians do as secular, nor necessarily agree with what the Western "Secularists" do as being secular. For me Secularism is something which means mutual respect between various beliefs. I don't have to agree to your beliefs but I will respect your right to believe them. This is an ideal which we must aim to achieve.

Personally, if you are a Sikh, or believe in Sikh teachings, the most important "yama" rule is that you not disrespect others beliefs.

When it comes to religion, the Indic religions, or strains must be given some preference or position of pre-eminence and also treat is as part of our cultural heritage.

The Messiah likes this.
  14. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Bechari English....:lol:

Btw, we all know why Mulayam is doing this. So, Garv Se Kaho Hum Sickular Hai....

Zebra likes this.
  15. uvbar

uvbar Regular Member

mulayam singh can Kiss my @#$@ i am not in the favor of making any language compulsary eventhough im a maharashtrian in mumbai i think that marathi shouldnt be compulsary (obviously CBSE and ICSE board have it as a option)

Nagraj likes this.
  16. maomao

I think we should support Mulayam's move as this is a blessing in disguise......These days non-muslims who can read and write Arabic / Persians have gone down as most of the punjabis who migrated from pakistan and could read Persian are dead or too old to provide services, to make things worse police and intelligence officers have to rely on madrasa educated or leftists (from JNU type institutes) to translate and crack cases, these type of translators / traitors are not just unreliable, but cause existential threat to whole intelligence operations! RSS has their own who are trained in these languages; however, corrupt and inept GOI / Intelligence agencies don't....if every common man can learn Arabic and Persian.....it will become extremely easy to keep a track of mullah activities and above all the real face of islamists and whats there in Sharia according to hadiths will also get exposed!

17. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

I want to learn urdu too..but we are wasting school education by introducing so many compulsory languages...

18. farhan_9909

farhan_9909 Tihar Jail Banned

well bollywood has already switched to urdu and the songs as well

and indians consider bollywood movies and there media as devine truth and words of gospel

there should nt be any problem making urdu compulsory throughout india

19. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Urdu can be optional like Sanskrit is, why make it compulsary. In TN for example you can get through school without taking Tamil as a language or Kannada in Karnataka.

20. maomao

Arabic and Persian should be made compulsory, that too in the most analytical terms and not 'allah is god' or 'quran is the word of truth' or 'islamic religion of peace' type BS!